Volume 1 Chapter 19: Completing Quest
71 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With so few resources on deck, I wasn't certain where to recruit more subordinates.

Should I go to Burgens for more slaves? Or should I start looking in other places?

Another thing that threw me off was the third task. The only monsters in this Abyss are ants, I'm sure of it.

If I want to discover more monsters, it only makes sense to start making my own.

To do that, I need to learn magic. 

This is where Croxias will come in, as of now he's the only one who can teach me.

I only need the basics of how magic works, since I can figure out the rest as time goes by.

I should go see what he's up to.

I left my throne and headed to the magic tower.

I walked in to find Croxias standing with Urial, both seemed to be working on a new potion.

"Ah! It's about to explode!" Urial yells just as the flask in her hand started to crack.

"Shit!" Croxias smacks the bottle out of her hand, it exploded before hitting the ground.

"Cough! Cough!" I covered my mouth with one hand and tried to clear the smoky air around me.

Croxias pulls Urial to her feet and looks in my direction, "My Lady!"

Both Urial and Croxias bow instantly upon seeing me.

"Please rise," I told them with a hand raised.

Lowering my hand they straightened, "Milady what brings you to the magic tower?" Croxias asks.

I looked around and was amazed to see what the interior of a mage's tower looked like.

"I'm here to give you a request," I told him.

He looked excited suddenly, "really? Honestly, I checked the Abyss viewing board and couldn't find a quest that matched my profession, if it's my lady I'd be more than willing to fulfill your request!"

I couldn't help but chuckle at his enthusiasm, "alright, I'm glad to be of help."

I told him that my request was to learn basic magic, it was also crucial that I open my first mana circle.

He agreed to take upon this request and I logged it in for him.

While Urial continued to study alchemy brewing, Croxias helped me learn magic.

It took me two hours to open my first mana circle, according to Croxias it took him a month to do this.

He then began the lesson on circulating the mana throughout my whole body, this makes it much easier for mages to use magic.

His teachings were more impressive than I expected.

The fact that he was not yet a Grand Mage is too surprising to believe.

In under an hour, I circulated the mana throughout my body, it was a simple task.

But as I suspected, I think this body was made to handle mana easily.

"Tell me honestly My Lady, you already knew how to do this," Croxias says with an expression full of suspicion.

I told him that I was certain and that maybe I'm just a fast learner, there was no need to tell him any more than this.

"So My Lady is just a genius? To think I'd witness such a day!" Croxias says proudly with sparkling eyes.

Croxias completed my request, it took me a lot less time than I expected, but I now have an understanding of how magic works.

I'll search the shop for summoning magic, I have a few DPs from my subordinates completing tasks given by the system.

I opened the shop and searched for summoning magic books, I found several at different ranks.

I don't have many DPs so I chose the Rank E summoning book.

Croxias watched in amazement as a book appeared out of thin air, "Woah, so her ladyship can already do this kind of magic!" He breathed.

Let's just let him think that, I waved and left the mage's tower.

Croxias turned away to continue his lesson with Urial, "master, her ladyship is cool," she says.

He pats her head, "that's right, super cool." He agreed.

He must become the best mage in all of the Abyss, no, in the whole world!

 

Meanwhile in the Mines

 

Kobi wiped the sweat from his brow.

After mining for so long, he could feel his muscles aching all over.

So far, he's dug up great ore.

There was nothing too special besides the Blue Mage Sones.

He's only been able to mine bronze, copper, and steel ore. 

Well at least he has the stones, they were of a low grade, and the best he could do is make E-ranked items with them.

That was better than the F Rank items and weapons he has made so far.

It's about that time, right? He should upgrade the lady's daggers and the Captain's sword.

He whistles and proudly loaded the wagon, the quest he got from the viewing board shouldn't take too long to complete.

His goal was to make ten E-ranked items or weapons. The reward would be a level-up and new blacksmithing tools.

Hopefully, they were an upgrade from the ones he have obtained, he never got the time to upgrade.

A blacksmith must have better tools, better tools meant better quality weapons and items.

 

At the Training Grounds

 

"Again!" Pesia ordered while clashing her sword with her apprentice.

He went staggering backward and seemed to already be out of breath.

"How could such a skinny runt such as yourself ever become a knight? Again! Come at me harder!" Pesia demands.

Hovis ran  towards her, raised his sword above his head, and brought it back down in full force, "Ahhh!" 

She dodged easily and lands a solid punch into his gut causing him to keel over and drop his sword.

"Pathetic, if you wish to surpass me, you must first grow!" She yells pointing at him

It was better not to spoil him, she only work him this hard because he had talent.

He's still a greenhorn, with that skinny body he won't be able to wield a sword correctly.

It looks like she'll have to up his training more.

"Don't look too relaxed, here," she picks up his sword and tossed it to him.

Hovis was barely able to catch it, "strike this dummy a hundred times in the same spot. Remember I don't count it if it's not done correctly." she warns him.

He nods and did as told, "hah! Hah!" He yells while striking.

Her quest was to turn Hovis into a knight worthy to be a part of Her Ladyships Abyss Royal Guards.

After completing the quest she'll be another step closer to raising her level.

5