Volume 1 Chapter 21: Merchant
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pesia points her sword at the man, "hmph, the gall! He dares to look my lady in the eye and plead for his life. Should I kill him?" She asked angrily.

I peered down at him with narrowed eyes, "wait," I told her and crouched down before him.

Croxias shook angrily, "for milady to stoop down to that rat's level, I'm appalled." He says his expression showing disgust towards the man.

"Why have you come here?" I asked him.

He was trembling slightly, he tried to lift his head again but Pesia stepped on it to keep it lowered.

She grounds her heel in and scowled down at him, "you do not have the right to lay your filthy gaze upon my master, speak insect!" She warned her blade hovering over his head.

"Please spare me....please spare me. I promise I'll run far away from here." He begs his voice muffled a bit from his face being pressed to the ground.

I stood and turned away, "there

"There's no point in letting him live, make his death swift and toss him to the goblins," I ordered turning to leave.

I only wish for peace, but if one dared to enter my territory without a reasonable excuse then expect death.

"Please! Wait, I can be useful! I'm a merchant!" He yells out.

Before Pesia's blade could connect with his neck I used my skill Blink to grab her hand.

"What was that?" I asked him.

Pesia showed disappointment, I could tell that she wanted to shed blood.

I wonder why she's suddenly like this?

"I'm a merchant. I usually overcharge all my customers but I can give the master of the Abyss a 10 percent discount." The man explained.

Briston came out of the palace and noticed the commotion down below, "who's that man?" Briston muttered out loud.

Kobi crossed his arms and glared at the man, "what bullshit, make it a 30 percent discount!" He bargained.

The man's eyes widened in terror, "are you serious? Twenty percent, I'm still a merchant with a sense of pr...argh!" 

Pesia pushed the man's head harder into the ground, "hmph, the nerve of human scum trying to negotiate, 30 percent or you die here." Pesia says coldly.

I have to say, she knows how to threaten someone, if I need someone to interrogate a prisoner I'll be sure to give her the job first.

"50 percent sounds like a great deal, anything you want. I'll even provide your first sale for free, just please let me live." He agreed his voice shaky.

Pesia removed her foot and helped the man to his feet, she made a scene of dusting the dirt off his front.

"Good, My Lady..." Pesia turned to me for further orders.

"Have Briston escort him to the servants' quarters, then make sure Arin prepares supper, after that lead him back to the throne room," I ordered.

I made my way back to the palace, despite the intruder's warning I got a good resource out of it.

After I order my batch of free supplies I'll use the material I order to upgrade the Abyss to level 2.

Looks like today was my lucky day, I might finish the quest sooner than I thought.

A couple of hours go by before Pesia brought the merchant back to the throne room.

He was forced to bow, "my lady." Pesia says while her hand was pushing the merchant's head down.

I leaned back into my throne seat, "so how does this work?" I asked him.

The merchant clasps his hands together, "it's simple, I'll write down whatever my lady wishes for and then go out to gather them." He told me.

"Sounds like a load of crap to me," Pesiaa muttered while crossing her arms.

The merchant nervously glanced up at me.

"I see, then I'll tell you the materials I need then," I told him.

After a while he looked defeated as if he just finished fighting a Boss Battle, "I'll have the materials gathered in two weeks." He says after jotting everything down.

"Escort him out," I ordered.

Two weeks was cutting it close, but it was worth it if I want to complete the task in time.

That meant that I will have two more weeks to complete it.

Now, I have to figure out what I can do while that merchant was out finding the things that I ordered.

"That was new, a human crawling into the abyss like that, I wonder if he just stumbled upon it." Elder Xu says coming from outside.

"It is odd, there's no reason to believe that anyone knows about our existence just yet." I agreed.

Elder Xu rubbed his chin, "that's right, as for my lady, how should you handle other intruders that come uninvited?" Elder Xu asked.

I can see where he was getting at without asking, "we can't kill them unless they are a threat to our home." I told him.

He bowed his head slightly, "do not take this as my being unfaithful to her ladyship, but there will be times that my lady would have to kill even innocent people." he says.

I leaned back on my throne, I wish he wasn't right, but I already knew that there would be times that showing mercy too often would become a problem.

I was someone born in the Abyss, though I'm human now that would not be the case forever.

Someone born in the Abyss, the higher my level the more the system will start adding evolving quests.

I know this personally through playing the game.

It seems that I have yet to rid myself of my past feelings, which cannot continue, after all this was not Earth.

"I understand, you're dismissed," I told him.

He bowed his head again and exited through the hall, I guessed that he had just come from the canteen.

I'm sure that he was being patient with me to add a council room, when upgrading the Abyss I'll use the remaining materials to add a new hall to the palace with additional space for more rooms.

If I want to add more rooms I'll also need to upgrade the palace to level 3, not only will the palace be a lot bigger, I'll have another floor.

I'm excited to see the changes in action.

 

2