58 — Telling Elias
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Breakfast in bed?”

“Nah”, Ivy said, taking the tray from Isaak and putting it in the bed between her and Sasha. 

Elias and Isaak took a chair each, and put four cups of hot tea on the third chair, using it as a complementary table beside the bed. Sasha pulled the blanket high up, and took a cup of tea. Tea in bed, with her mothers home made bread, fresh from the oven, was sure a luxury.

“I have some things I need to tell you”, Sasha said. She had finished her tea and there was no postponing it any more. “And when I have told you, I will need your help to solve it.”

“I’ll do anything for you”, Isaak said. “You know that.” He laid one hand at each sisters shoulder and squeezed gently. “Don’t look so worried kitten.”

Sasha gulped and looked from Isaak to Elias. Her inside twisted. Elias looked confused, but he took her hand, holding it. He made a short laugh. 

“With that look on your face I can assume I will not like it. Just spit it out will you?”

“Ok, there will be one really good thing, and one bad”, Sasha said, eyeing Elias. “Don’t walk out on me before you have heard the good one. Promise?”

Elias sighed. She could see the worries in his eyes. He bent forward, placing a kiss on her forehead. He wanted to calm her as well, but he said nothing. For that she was happy, she didn’t need a promise he wouldn’t fulfil.

Sasha took a deep breath of air. Then she took out the orb from within and hold it out for everyone to see. Elias eyed it in chock. He recognised it, knew that it was his, but couldn’t really fathom it. It was so different, so full of strong dark magic, that it was beyond recognition. Although he did knew it must be a part of his soul. His hand reach out to touch it, and Sasha felt the orb starting to flow towards him. She forced it inside of her again. As the magic it inhaled now, it would hurt him badly.

“You will get it back, and I will find a way to pure it Elias, but not today.” She wetted her lips, not wanting to look at him but still not able to look away. “I twisted the orb. Its made strong enough to kill.” She took a deep breath. “Strong enough to kill the king.” 

Elias looked as if she had hit him. He gasped for air, the bewilderment and chock written in his beautiful face. The yellow in his eyes went from wide open to small slits of fluorescent yellow. The betrayal in his eyes made Sasha turn her head, looking down at her empty hands in the sheets. 

“I think I am ready for the good news, and you better give them to me fast”, Elias said through gritted teeth’s. 

Sasha looked up at him, his fists where closed, and the murderous look in his eyes said he was just seconds from lashing out at her. She saw Isaak moving slowly, stiff, coiled up like a spring, tension rolling of him. He was ready to spring into action.

“I know what is wrong with the king, and I know how to heal him”, Sasha said hurriedly. “I will not use the orb. Not now, not when I know the truth.”

“You can heal him?” 

All air was out of Elias. He sacked down on the chair, putting his head in his hands. Sasha wanted to touch him, comfort him, but she didn’t dare. 

“The queen has stolen his heart. You know the magic of Aaliyah. She used it on him when they were young. With the years it has transformed him into a monster, only being able to really care for her and nothing else.”

Silence covered the room, like a wet blanket. Isaak stared at Elias, Sasha looked everywhere but. 

When Elias finally looked up, he didn’t look at her. His eyes were fixed on Isaak.

“Did you know Isaak?” 

The sisters looked at each other. Isaak was never one to spill secrets. 

“Did I know that the royals were bad at ruling? And that Ivy was the rightful ruler? Yes I knew.”

1