30- Scumbags
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasha knew almost every name on Isaak’s list. 

“What is the plan?” Ivy asked looking from Isaak to Sasha.

“Plan? Go in and create havoc before this burns me from inside”, Sasha said, the pain eating at her. Her vision was blurry and Ivy squeezed her tighter. “You two come along and keeps it at bay long enough for me not to go berserk.” Sasha looked at Denise and Ivy. “What do you say?”

“I don’t want Ivy to be seen with us”, Isaak said interrupting before her sister got her say. 

“You are right”, Sasha said. “We cant sullen the hands of our queen.” She closed her eyes and leaned in closer to Ivy, happy for the comfort her soft strokes brought her. 

“You two will ride at my back”, Denise offered nodding towards Sasha and Ivy. “I can keep us invincible and Ivy can help Sasha to gain control of the monster eating her from inside.”

“No one opposites to a bit killing?” Isaak asked, looking at them. “I would prefer you don’t see me operate Ivy.”

“If she will make the orders, she has to see the deal”, Denise argued. “And I want my meals. Lets go.”

Ivy looked at the list. She sighed. 

“Denise is right. I will follow, but I will have the last word before any killing. Agreed?” Ivy said. 

“Agreed”, Sasha said. 

“Isaak?” Ivy questioned. 

He sighed heavy, patting Denise on her head, but finally nodded. 

“It is your call angel.”

The dragon was flying mere inches above the ground, it looked more like a snake crawling behind Isaak than anything else. They were heading to a small town outside the city. The road was more like a loamy trail. Isaak was the general and he blazed a trail. Aiden’s lady friend would be the first one to meet her destiny. 

“I seldom fight with magic”, Sasha said, striking Denise. “I need to keep her alive long enough to finish her off with my sword.”

Which could turn tricky since the acid inside her had took a hard toll on her. Ivy did what she could, keeping her tight in her embrace, but the pain was gathering like a storm cloud.

“You never deals the blow with magic?” Denise asked.

“No. I don’t want to sullen my magic with theirs. There is a risk the magic would transfer to me. I am not much of interfering with souls.” 

“Earnestly gained magic is always stronger”, Denise said. “It’s a wise choice. You will get stronger in the long run child.”

“I recently levelled”, Sasha said, the proudness beamed through the afflicted expression on her face. “Maybe it will show useful.”

“I have seen your new charm. Use it. It will do you no harm”, Denise said. “I think you got a gift very much suited to you.”

The dragon put to a halt. They had reached their destination. 

“Well, so I thought”, Sasha said.

The village was not much bigger than Sasha’s village. The woman they searched for was out harvesting on a field. Or rather, she was collecting what work others had already done for her. Sasha didn’t care either, she slid down from the dragons back, the pain intensifying as Ivy let go of her. 

“Is that her?” Sasha asked Isaak.

Isaak nodded in confirmation. 

“Do you need me?” Isaak asked putting a hand on her shoulder.

“No, just watch my back will you?”

“Always.”

Denise and Ivy got closer, covering Isaak in their invincible bubble. Sasha looked at the woman as she turned around. Out of old habit she was about to gather her magic when she realised she didn’t have to gather any. It was all in a tight knot in her stomach eager to be released. What she had to do was loosen it up and find something in the ball inside of her, that would be harmless enough to keep the woman alive for a while, but witchcraft enough to drain her pain away. 

“Who are you?” the women looked warily at Sasha, some of her intentions probably shining through. Sasha did nothing to hide them, so the woman had every right to look scared.

“I came to take your soul”, Sasha sneered at the woman. “Give me a reason not to.”

Sasha let a light flash out of her, swirling towards the woman. It was black magic she had gotten from her mother. She didn’t like the kind, but it made the work. The woman’s skin burned as if needles had pierced through it. 

“Crazy bitch. Stop it”, the woman yelled, her hands brushing at her arms, but being unable to take away the invincible needles.

Sasha put her fingers towards her golden necklace. Use it, Denise had said, and right now her charm was singing to her, asking her to pick it up. When Sasha levelled she had gotten a small sword, a charm hanging in her bracelet. Now was probably a  good time to use it. 

“We can make a deal”, the woman said, trying to wriggle her way out of Sasha’s hold on her the same way she tried to wriggle out of her own skin. 

Sasha took the charm, and out of it grew a sword the size of her knife. It felt good in her hand, as slow heat coming from it. She let the hot white magic swirl faster around the woman, sighing when the pain she felt loosened its grip. With each even breath she took, the women scream increased. Elias might have thought she needed him to tackle the pain. That was his loss.

“I don’t think you have anything I want”, Sasha said. “Except to play with you all day long.”

“I have protectors”, the woman said, tucking her screams inside and pointing at the amulet safely stuck between her breasts. There was the emblem of one of the noble houses engraved on it.  “You will not get away with it. Why don’t we agree on something that are beneficial for both of us?”

Sasha had enough of it. The noble house was a favoured one by the queen, but the woman couldn’t bribe her. She had heard what she had done, and her magic saw the truth. People like her was what had hurt Evelina in the first place. Sasha laughed. The swirl of magic got the woman down on her knees as she cried in pain. 

“You really think I am afraid of the queen?” 

Sasha took a step forward, looking at the red light pulsating in her sword. Its magic was speaking to her. She knew, it was the sword of truth, and it craved its sacrifice. The red light spoke of the lives on the women’s conscious. She took back the white swirl of needles. It was time to end this.

“You have had enough”, Sasha said and let the sword slice through the woman. 

The magical sword cut through her body as if she had been invincible. No blood, no cut, it just blended with the body, its magic pouring into the victim. It drained the very life essence out of her, a limp body falling towards the ground. 

“Finally”, Denise exclaimed.

The dragon dropped Ivy to the ground, ushering Sasha backwards. “Heal her Ivy.”

Ivy ran forward to Sasha, hugging her close, engulfing her in her soothing magic. Sasha relaxed, she felt no pain, and she felt at ease with what she just had done. The lulling comfort, giving her a break from the pain that had tormented her since she left Elias.

“The next one will fight back”, Isaak said. He nodded towards Sasha and put his hand at her back. 

Sasha nodded and turned half around. It was better if Ivy had her back at Denise. Her sister would probably not like the scene in front of her. 

“Tasty”, Denise said, throwing the body up in the air and swallowing it whole. “Lets go find dessert.”

1