014 13th Floor
41 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Goldensand Dungeon, 13th floor.

As there is not much difference between the eleventh and the twelfth floor, Ian and Milana decided to skip the twelfth floor. The group is now on the 13th floor. Trees of different heights grow on this floor.

"The 13th floor is another wide floor. There are two types of environments on this floor, the forest, and the swamp. The forest is not dense, but it is enough to reduce the visibility of the area. The swamp is located in the center of this floor. There is a tribe of Lizardman on the swamp, so it is better to avoid going to the center." Luis explained a little about this floor.

"They said that there are many medicinal herbs that grow here. Is that true?" asked Milana. She looks at Luis waiting for him to answer.

"Yes, this floor is known as a place where many herbs grow. Other than that, this floor is also known as a peaceful floor."

"Peaceful floor?" the three of Zea, Ian, and Milana asked at the same time.

"The only monster on this floor is the lizardman that lives on the swamp. Other than that, there is no monster in the forest. Because of that, many people said that this floor is a peaceful floor."

✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Wow, there are many medicinal herbs here." Milana crouched and touch the herbs that grows around the area. "This one is Irilica, this one is Vellagano, that is…"

Luis brings the group to a place where many herbs are growing. While he didn't know much about herbs, bringing Milana to this place is the correct decision. Milana is focused on identifying many herbs. She picks a few plants and stores them in some kind of box she brought.

"Hey Luis, do you know what house is that?" Zea pointed to an area where the tree is not that dense. Zea has a better sight compared to the three others in the group, she can spot things that are far away easily. Luis on the other hand had to squint his eyes trying to find the so-called house.

"Sorry, I can't see the house. We will get closer when Milana has finished her business." Luis said while still squinting his eyes trying to see the house.

"I am always impressed with your eyesight. But there is one thing that I always wondered about. How can you have exceptional eyesight while you are using glasses?" Luis asked.

"Hmm? This is a non-prescription glasses. I use this because I have a sharp eye. If I don't use the glasses, people don't want to associate with me. They are scared, they think I am unfriendly and hard to approach. That is why I use these glasses." Zea took off her glasses and smiled. "When I smiled, people think I am grinning thinking of an evil plot."

Zea then used a flat expression. "When I am not showing any emotion, people think I am angry. Even when I am not."

Last, Zea showed a sad emotion. "You know what people said when I put this expression? Yes, I am a grumpy woman."

She then used the glasses back. "With this, I should be less intimidating."

Luis thought, 'I didn't know there can be this big difference between using glasses and not using one.'

✦✦✦✦✦✦

The wind blows through the gaps of the trees. The sounds of leaves brushing against each other when blown by the winds resonate in the forest. Having no other sounds of an animal or other living beings makes the forest eerier.

A lone small house stands surrounded by the trees. To be more precise, this is a cabin. The cabin is made of wood and built on stilt. The stilt is not high, it's only around a meter high. Many dried leaves littered its yard and porch.

"There is no mention about this cabin on the map." Ian pointed his finger at the map. No symbol, no clue, nothing about this cabin is written on the map.

"This cabin is located not far from the main route, but there is nothing on the map. It is weird if people can't find this cabin. The cabin also looks like it has been abandoned for years. There is no sign that someone has come here recently." Zea commented.

Luis feels this situation is weird. This is the second time he found something that is not on the map. And both times, he is exploring together with Zea. When he explored alone for 2 years before, he never found things like this. But when exploring with Zea only for two weeks, they have found 2 of these. 2 out of the 3 times they explored the dungeon together, they found something.

'Is this just some luck? Or there is something with this girl that attracts weird things?'

"What should we do?" Zea's question bring Luis back from his thought.

Today's plan is to escort Ian and Milana, so Luis decided to ask both of them. "What do you think we should do? We can go inside the cabin, but if you don't want to, we can skip the cabin and go to the next floor."

"Why don't we go inside? This now feels like a real adventure. Venturing toward the unknown. Right, Ian?"

"Yup, this is an adventure. No one knows when else we will find this opportunity. So let's go explore the cabin."

With his client wanting to go inside, he can only accept it. Of course, Luis also wants to go inside the cabin. They then talked about the strategy of entering the cabin. Zea will take the front guard, she will be the first one to go in. Luis will take the rear guard. Meanwhile, Ian and Milana will move between Zea and Luis.

"Okay then, let's go." Luis then looks at Zea, "Be careful."

When venturing into an unknown place, we need to be careful. No one knows what kind of hidden danger lurks inside. From trap, monster, to the structure of the building itself.

*creak*

The stairs to the cabin creaked when it is stepped by Zea. She stepped the stairs one by one carefully. After confirming that she can get to the porch without any problem, the other three followed.

"The door is unlocked." Zea pushed the door, opening it. The cabin is not messy, but it is full of dust. The room is enough for a person to live. There is a table that obviously was used as a dining table. There is also a bed frame on the corner of the room.

"This place is surprisingly in a good condition. It needs cleaning but it can be used with a minimal renovation." Ian commented after observing the cabin.

Zea on the other hand looking for other things. She looks below the table, below the bed frame, opened all that can be opened.

"There they are." Three treasure chests are stored in the storage on the counter near the stove.

3