Chapter 1
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The planet is called Earth, and there are more than three billion humans on this planet. The year is 2027, and the people are living in peace. There is no war between each country and no conflict between neighboring countries.

The reason for this? Humanity has a single opponent, and it was the Infernal Beast. What is the Infernal Beast? They are a group of demonic beasts that spawned from a place called the Tower. Just like its name suggests, the Tower will spawn a massive tower from the ground.

This Tower is dangerous because the Infernal Beast is spawned from this Tower. If the Tower did not get taken care of immediately, the Tower would overflow with the Infernal Beast and get into the real world.

That is what happened in the year 1999. One hundred and fifty Towers appeared worldwide in a single day, and people did not know what it was at the time. After knowing there is a monster inside the Tower, the government decides to send their army to explore the Tower.

However, that is when the massacre began. Every weapon, tool, and war machine brought to the Tower will stop working. The only thing that is working is the primitive kind of weapons like swords, spears, and hammers.

More than a million soldiers across the world died from exploring the Tower.

Because of this, the government decides to block anyone from getting inside the Tower while the scientist looks at the Tower for clues, and that is their mistake. After a week, the infernal beast starts to leak out the towers by the thousands.

That day was what people of this era called the Purge. More than half of the Earth's population died from the beast. In these chaotic events, people notice something different. They awaken what people called the Blessing.

The blessed people have a superhuman ability that can kill the Infernal Beast coming at them. With the help of these people, they can reclaim their country from the hand of the Infernal Beast after a few months of constant fighting.

After clearing it, the Tower will disappear into a mote of light after teleporting all the humans into the real world.

While the Tower brings death and destruction, it also brings a chance. A chance to become stronger, a chance to become rich, and a chance to become a God.

The Tower will reward anyone who clears it with many kinds of items. These items can be used to clear another dungeon or do some miracle. Not only that, the Infernal Beast contains what many people call Energy Core. This Core can be used to power up many kinds of technology, from a regular toaster to even a power plant.

Because of this, many governments decide to hire the Blessed One to clear the dungeon and harvest every Core the Infernal Beast has inside their bodies. A group of Blessed One decides to create a guild to gather more blessed ones and clear even more towers without sharing their earnings with the government.

At first, the government tries to monopolize the Tower, but their army weapon can't even hurt the Blessed One. The only thing that can hurt them is the weapons coming from the Tower. Because of that, many countries decided to make a new law allowing a Guild to be established.

And now, more than twenty years later, Earth has started to prosper. Many kinds of new technology using the Energy Core become something many people use every day. Because Energy Core is clean energy, many technologies have begun to switch to the Core as their power source.

A Blessed One is divided into six ranks depending on their experience and record of Tower cleared. From the highest rank: S-rank to the lowest rank: E-rank. S-rank blessed one is something that is very rare. Not every country can have this rank. S-rank can only be obtained by doing something extraordinary and approved by five countries at minimum.

They are an individual that is so powerful; they can destroy a country if they want to, and there is proof of this happening. North Korea now becomes a barren wasteland after an S-rank blessed one has enough of the Kim family regime and decides to destroy the country.

Now, the country is nothing but a wasteland filled with radiation that the South Koreans did not want anymore.

Each Tower also has a rank. The people are able to create a device to measure how strong the Infernal Beast is inside of it by measuring the energy released by the Tower. 100 E-rank blessed one can clear E-rank tower, 100 D-rank blessed one can clear D-rank tower, and so on.

Among those blessed ones, there is a unique one. This person is called Joshua Hamil. An Indonesian that was born in the year of 2010. What makes him so special? For one, he is the Blessed One. He just awakened his power not too long ago. However, it was not really special in this day of age. What makes him so special is that he is a reincarnator.

He reincarnated from the alternate Earth. The Earth where the Tower did not spawn, and the Earth where seven billion humans lived.

Joshua did not know the reason why he reincarnated into this world as he had a fulfilling life. Even when he died at the age of forty from a heart attack, he did not regret it. He has a family that he loves very much and can leave them with enough money for them to have a pleasant life. He is content with his life and never expects to be reincarnated into another world.

"What kind of power do I have?"

After awakening his power, Joshua never sees it manifest into the real world. The scientist that tested his body said that he is a late bloomer and will awaken his power in a few days, but even after a week, his power that makes him a Blessed One has yet to show up.

"Haaaaa. It has been a week, and I have yet to see my power. I want to help my mother and earn enough money to make her life comfortable."

Alisa Melany is a forty-seven years old housewife. She lost her husband when a group of Infernal Beast leaked out of the Tower and went on a rampage around their home area. Joshua and his little sister Tiara survive because their father sacrificed his life to protect them.

After the death of her husband, Alisa becomes the one that provides food on the table for Joshua and Tiara.

As the first and only son of Alisa, Joshua felt like it was his duty to make his mother happy and live a peaceful life. When he awakens his power, he feels like he is in the nine heavens and finally has a chance to make his mother happy.

However, when he hears that he is a late bloomer, Joshua is a little bit disappointed. While he is disappointed, Joshua decides to wait for it to awaken on its own and by doing a regular meditation as the doctor said to him.

"Hmmm. How much longer do I need to wait-Hmm?!"

Before Joshua could say more, he felt like something inside his body had just awakened. His head is filled with knowledge about how to use his power. He decided to follow this knowledge and open his hands a second later, his entire body engulfed with light.

Joshua opens up his eyes and sees that he is not inside his bedroom anymore.

|Congratulations! You have awakened your power!|

0