Ch.271 Ruled by the Weak
778 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soaring through the sky above a beach on the Fortissimum Continent was what appeared to be a Horse. Except this ‘Horse’ had a pair of wings on its back, a single spiralling horn on the forehead, and a long thin lion-like tail that ended in a similarly designed spiralling spike.

 

It had pure white fur, but the horn, tail-spike, eyes and mane were all a cerulean blue. This was a creature with clear affinity with water but more importantly, this creature was clearly a Unicorn.

 

A highly unique but small-in-number species that came into power a few decades ago when their Progenitor had been alive. Not much was known about her, but there were all sorts of rumours that surrounded her existence. Unfortunately, before people could decide what to do about her, they had been met with the abnormal news that she had been found dead.

 

It wasn’t abnormal that she died, no, that was common news. What was abnormal was that nobody knew how.

 

The Unicorn progenitor had been a 4th Realm lifeform, and beings with this strength didn’t just die quietly. It would take a fight with another 4th Realmer or a lot of 3rd Realmers, and such a commotion would always drag attention. Every single time.

 

One might argue that the event of whatever led to her death had taken place in a very obscure location, but what everyone found baffling was that she had died in her own territory, in her own home.

 

Nobody knew how. There were guesses of things like extremely harmful foods and even suicide, but nobody could confirm, and only Lily, the sister of Jörma and the one who had found the corpse, had knowledge of what state the corpse was in. Nobody dared to press her for answers.

 

In any case, although the rise of the Unicorn race had been put to an early end, they were still a respected race that were valued by many.

 

Bellatrix was the eldest daughter of the Unicorn progenitor and she had very recently reached the 4th Realm. She had long ago migrated her race to the Origin Forest and was now ‘aligned’ with the True Dragons (It was more of a master and subordinate relationship). Actually, her initial plan had been to take the Unicorns to the Dawn Forest to seek the protection of the Glacial Saint Deer Clan and make use of her lucky friendship with the Queen of Elves, but Gaia, the legendary goddess, had appeared before her with an offer she couldn’t refuse.

 

So here she was, working for Gaia and by extension the True Dragon race, and she had just arrived back on the Fortissimum Continent after completing her most recent mission. However she would not be returning with good news…

 

Her mission had been to visit the recently discovered Major Continent to scout them out and seek an alliance if possible. A Major Continent was what everybody had decided to address the Continent’s that could match the Fortissimum, and only 2 others had been found so far. These were of course, the one that Chad was from, and the one that Envy currently resided in.

 

The former was very impressive and she had been there 2 times before, but the latter? She didn’t dare to go there at all. Most of the scouters like her that had gone to that Continent had never returned. Only 2 had made it back and 1 of them had died not long after.

 

This new 4th Major Continent was found a few months ago and as one could expect, the discovery had raised many waves. However, as excited or wary as everyone was, they couldn’t afford to make mistakes. So a plan had been formed and the mission had landed in her lap.

 

This wasn’t because of her speed, although she had a lot of that, and not even because of her affinity with water that made the dangers of falling into the sea a mute point. Instead, it was because of her Charm Intent, an Intent that all Unicorns were born with.

 

Naturally, this was all inherited from their progenitor, but none of them could utilise Charm the way their progenitor could. Most of them couldn’t even do anything with it and could only be more charming than the average person, and only Bellatrix herself had managed to create a Charm technique that a few talents of her race had managed to learn later on. But they couldn’t complain.

 

Everybody knew how hard it was to grasp an Intent so the Unicorn race could be considered lucky to be born with one for free. Asking to be given Innate Charm Skills on top of that would be asking for too much.

 

Nevertheless, it was because of this that Bellatrix had been chosen. The technique that she made could barely classify as one but it still allowed her to imitate an enhancement Innate Skill. She called it Charm Flare and it heightened her charm by many degrees. As one could guess, this was very useful when trying to create alliances.

 

Unfortunately, she had failed.

 

2 months ago she had left Fortissimum for the newly discovered Major Continent and what she had discovered had left her astonished.

 

Firstly, the territories of the Continent had been divided into 2, with their overall rulers being 2 different races. This was already mind-boggling. Not even Gaia and the True Dragons or Jörma and her Snake race had accomplished such an expansive domination.

 

But what was even more shocking was the identity of the races that owned these great territories. These 2 races were the kind she would have previously considered the lowest of the low. Pitiful races that had zero power to speak of. And often enough times, members of those races would literally have 0 power. Not even 1st Realm strength.

 

And yet, on 1 side of the Continent, everything was ruled by a colony of Ants. And on the other, everything was ruled by the famed and popular servant race, the Humans.

 

 

ANNOUNCEMENT! Last one for a while I think.

 

All good things must come to an end. The game’s open test has reached its end, and the tournament that I spoke about has also concluded.

 

Playlist link for the tournament: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk4o4b1U5fo0WGmGAbkLg69lwhdiEjGME&si=Yxb5EtdgEN2eyHnT

 

Try not to faint after hearing this King’s voice, also don’t forget to like and subscribe :)

 

Anyways, as you’ll probably see, the game is in need of a lot of content and some bug fixes, so I’ll be working on that for some time. Eventually, another open test will arrive and at that time the barrier stopping everyone from reaching the 4th Realm will be removed.

Some people might be asking if there will be Tribulations, and the answer to that is yes. For most of you that won’t be much of a problem, but for some of you? Well, I can only say that you brought it upon yourself. Don’t blame Fate for being vicious.

 

I can only promise you that if you survive, your benefits will be greater, but if you don’t… Haha!

22