Ch.40 Asura
6.1k 8 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asura quite liked the Sword because of how versatile and easy it was to use. Out of all the weapons he currently had, this was the one that appealed to him the most and if he had to choose he would definitely go with the Sword.

 

But he didn’t want to choose.

 

He had spent quite a lot of time with each weapon by now and each of them had their own uses that he couldn’t think of going without anymore. The destructive lethality of the Battleaxe, the speed and dexterity of the Sword, the long reach and power of the Halberd and last but not least the unblockable strength of the Warhammer that could also double as a shield.

 

Asura looked at all 4 weapons before sighing.

 

‘What should I do?’ Is what could be interpreted from his thoughts.

 

Asura dragged the Sword to the rest of the weapons before picking up the Halberd. It was customary for him to practice with each weapon everyday. Although the weapons were too heavy to take into battle they at least served to train his muscles. He could feel his body becoming stronger each day and it had nothing to do with his daily killings.

 

Gaining power was his primary focus and if there was any way to increase it then he wouldn’t hesitate. This World was too chaotic and everywhere you looked people died. So if he didn’t want to end up as someone else's nourishment, he needed to obtain more power.

 

A power that would allow him to be invincible, a power that would allow him to control his fate and break out of the cycle of endless killing, a power that would allow him to set order to this ravaged World! Yes! That was his purpose!

 

Asura’s eyes glowed with passion as he began to think of what he should do with his power that was only matched by Krysos and Babunda.

 

He knew the 3 of them were different. Ever since he first came to be, he knew there was something seriously wrong with the others including his own Tribe members. They always killed and killed and killed and there was never any reason for it. Even if it was exhilarating to gain strength… must they kill so excessively? Why should they so mindlessly take the lives of others?

 

Asura didn’t have any knowledge about good and evil but his heart still skipped a beat when he thought of how those that had been Ashed were never seen again. Was that really it for them? Did a mere claw in their heart or slice to the neck really forever banish them from seeing the next day? Wasn’t that too harsh? What if that happened to him or his brothers one day?

 

{ 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡’𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: ‘Ashed’ is the term used when someone is killed by a Monster.}

 

Most importantly… Why was he not like the others? Why did the light of insanity that he saw in so many others not appear on him or Krysos and Babunda? Why did he hesitate when the life of his enemies was in his grasp and he only needed to take one more step?

 

Asura shook his head as doubts of the past tried to resurrect themselves.

 

He knew his purpose now.

 

Asura hefted the Halberd high above his head before swinging back down with ferocious might.

 

BOOM!

 

Looking at the new crater that joined the ones that decorated his surroundings, Asura smiled with content as shockwaves blew his hair and debris rained around him.

 

‘Bringing order to this accursed World… That is my purpose!’

 

 

A couple months had passed and Asura had made tremendous progress. Thanks to his daily vigorous training he was now able to dual wield 2 of his weapons as long as the Warhammer wasn’t included.

 

He was also now able to fight effectively with a weapon in battle as long as he only used one. This caused Krysos and Babunda who were always supporting to congratulate him. They knew of his plight and were happy to see him return to the battlefield.

 

It always confused them when they saw how Asura’s Armaments were inferior to theirs even though he had more?

 

Even Babunda with his pair of green glowing cuffs and dangling chains that didn’t connect to each other was stronger than Asura. Babunda’s cuffs were called the [Shackles of the Juggernaut] and they augmented his body to make it tremendously powerful, especially his arms. If his arms or the chains themselves hit you, you were most likely going to die. On top of that, his vitality was also enhanced to terrifying levels that made the Ogre almost undying.

 

The reason the cuffs were green instead of red despite it being made of the same Killing Metal was because they had made a connection with Babunda and they took on the colour of his Killing Essence which was green.

 

Maybe the more weapons you had the weaker they were? This was the only theory that Krysos and Babunda could come up with. Who knows. 

 

Time continued to flow as Asura continued to grow stronger each day multiple times faster than before now that he returned to the battlefield and could now cultivate more Killing Essence.

 

Soon, he was able to dual wield in battle even when he used the Warhammer. His only lament was that he didn’t have more arms to wield his other weapons. He was still very much unwilling to discard any of his weapons.

 

Asura thought of Babunda’s near death experience in his fight against someone who was shockingly just like them. He knew that even if he chose one of his weapons and unlocked it’s full power, it still wasn’t enough. He needed to find a way to unlock the power of ALL of them.

 

So Asura continued to ferociously train with single-minded focus. At this point he had not slept normally for months. Now…

 

Swinging his weapons till he fainted each night was his night-night routine

150