Ch.54 The Truth of The Tribulations
5k 6 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asura was shocked by the strange sounds that had been spoken from inside his own head. No, not sounds… words. What was that? And why did he know what most of those words were? The only word that confused him was ‘gods’.

 

He knew what Eridius meant, for some reason he knew that word ‘Eridius’ was the name- Name? What is that? Either way, he somehow knew that the name of this very World was ‘Eridius’. But what was a World…?

 

<I advise that the Host focuses on his Tribulation. There are 2 more Tribulation Lights to absorb. All of your questions can be answered afterwards.>

 

‘Absorb? ABSORB?!?! My th- thoughts? What are these wor-’

 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

 

A Tribulation Light that was even stronger than the first smote his body once more, ravishing his insides and charring his flesh till it turned black.

 

“KUHK!”

 

Asura couldn’t even scream out properly as he spat out blood with his knees collapsing and his eyes rolling up. It had appeared that he had lost consciousness.

 

But once again, he failed to detect the strange essence that wreaked havoc on the inside of his body, causing grand but hidden changes.

 

Smoke billowed out of the horrendously burnt Emperor showing how extensive the damage done to his body was. Even 5 minutes later he was still on his knees with his eyes rolled all the way up.

 

It was quite terrifying to think of how the behemoth-like body of the now 5 metre tall Emperor Asura, Lord of all Monsters- was reduced to such a terrifying state. If even he could barely retain his life after the 2nd strike, how could others survive the same ordeal?

 

It was quite clear by now that this was a feature that Eridel had added to the ‘Rule of 3 Upgrade’ that all Life Forms eventually face, but why? Was Eridel trying to destroy the fate of all of his residents?

 

“KAHK! Kuh! Kuh!”

 

Asura suddenly spat out a glob of saliva mixed with blood before descending into a coughing fit. The Emperor had woken up.

 

Asura could not believe the reality that was presented before him. Just the second strike was enough to reduce him to such a state! Granted, he wasn’t able to properly defend in time but still, there was absolutely no way that he would survive the next strike. He would die!

 

This Tribulation was impossible!

 

But how could this be? The information granted to him let him know that as long as he was strong in spirit and dauntless before the Tribulation Lights, he should prevail! No matter how powerful a Tribulation, it was always tailored for the receiver.

 

“So WHY?!”

 

Asura was so dishevelled that he failed to realise that he was actually speaking in an actual language.

 

<Since the Host has resisted Fate. Fate must take its payment.>

 

The abnormal voice once again resounded in his head saying incomprehensible things, but this time it didn’t bother him. What was bothering him~ WAS THE TRIBULATION LIGHT THAT HAD ONCE AGAIN RECHARGED TO ITS MAXIMUM CAPACITY!

 

HE WAS FINISHED!

 

Asura watched with despair as the golden Magic Circle pulsed with a sacred light. Every cell in his body was screaming with pain and fear.

 

Asura was very sure he had met his end. There was a limit to how much perseverance can take you and Asura was pretty sure he was bankrupt. Just as he was preparing to accept his fatality, the female voice spoke out once more.

 

<The System recommends that the Host sacrifices the Heavenly Demon Mountain.>

 

Asura felt like he had heard the most sanctified voice in all existence. If this voice that had been pestering him all this while was telling the truth; he should be able to survive at the expense of the Heavenly Demon Mountain.

 

He had no qualms about sacrificing the last relic of Krysos but numerous dealings with the Blood Fiends had taught him of the difference between truth, lies and deceit. He wasn’t so foolish as to believe that the actions and intentions of other people would always be the same. Not anymore.

 

But he didn’t have any other choice and the Tribulation was about to strike!

 

“AAAARRRGH!”

 

Asura exerted the last of his strength to move the mountain above his head at its largest size. The Heavenly Demon Mountain shone with a profound grey aura as the Earth Killing Essence erupted to its full potential.

 

And for a moment, Asura felt that the Mountain had changed. Unfortunately, he didn’t have a single brain cell that wasn’t occupied so investigating was impossible.

 

Here and now, his life in its entirety was being judged.

 

He had used his own strength to crawl and crawl to where he was now and had never looked back.

 

He had crossed the corpses of his enemies time and time again and the skies above knew that he did not slow.

 

He had watched as his brothers and sisters had fallen one by one and even then, he still never stopped.

 

He had shed so much blood, sweat and tears to reach this pinnacle. And yet…

 

Some ridiculous faceless entity still dared to test him?!

 

Asura gritted his teeth with rage and exertion.

 

“I AM NOT CONTENT! AAAAAARRRGH!”

 

Asura raised all of his Armaments above his head as he formed a shield of essence around himself. He refused to die!

 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

 

CRRRRRRRAAAA-

 

Asura shrieked with pain as the last Tribulation Light that was actually white in colour instead of the usual gold struck straight through all of his defences and straight to his very soul.

 

Darkness consumed his vision as his consciousness fled without resistance.

 

 

‘Wow.’

 

Eridel watched as the Lord of all Monsters passed out in a heap, his body in terrible condition but still alive.

 

He was impressed.

 

He had been watching roughly the same process repeat itself all over the World but Emperor Asura’s Tribulation was by far one of the most impressive.

 

‘The guy even received a Soul Tribulation, how scary.’

 

Of course, Eridel was referring to the potential of the Emperor Asura rather than the so-called ‘Soul Tribulation’, how could he call something that he created himself scary?

 

Indeed. The whole concept of the ‘Rule of 3 Tribulation’ and the Tribulation Lights was created by Eridel himself.

 

There… was no such thing as a ‘Tribulation’ in other Worlds.

153