Ch.58 Eridel’s Manifestation
5.1k 5 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone froze. The undead were incapable of speech and the only 2 people alive were currently… indisposed. So who, who was it that was speaking in such a jovial tone?

 

And what was it they said? They were offering help?

 

The boy that had previously given up hope snapped his head to the place that the voice had come from, seeking for hope, seeking for anything that would save him and his final remaining friend. And he found-

 

“Wow…”

 

His brain actually stuttered like a glitch in a code and needed a moment to comprehend the ethereal image before him.

 

A… Man? Nay, not a Man. A Man could not accomplish this. Although the figure was undoubtedly masculine, there was not a doubt in his heart that this being was above mortality and maybe even life itself.

 

Far, far above Humanity.

 

The entity was roughly 7ft tall with a musculature and visage that was so perfect that it was as if every curvature and every colour tone was set in place for the sole purpose of intoxication. One look was not enough, one look would NEVER be enough.

 

And yet, the boy felt like he would die if he looked a second longer.

 

A deep unrelenting wave of primordial fear assailed his senses, prompting him to flee and never look back. In fact even the memory of the very scene that was playing out before him was threatening to evaporate. But even then, he was almost willing to risk the certain death that his instincts were warning him of for just 1 more look. Just 1 more look at the beyond. Almost.

 

But reason prevailed and he looked to the ground before his very existence vanished.

 

However 2 things took place when he did so. First was the notion that he was being unbelievably silly. Just looking at someone shouldn’t be as dangerous as the fate that his body was seemingly promising. He even wanted to take that oh so desperate look that he had just forsaken himself when the second fact hit him.

 

He could not for the life of him remember a single detail other than 2 gloriously golden eyes.

 

A gold who’s beauty disgraced the sun. A grace so vast that it encompassed the World. And the effortless power to enthral that was oh, so dangerous. And yet…

 

How was it possible that he couldn’t remember a single other thing?

 

It was that thought that made him panic. His repeated desperate attempts for a memory that his mind was fighting to delete or at least seal was actually started to cause him damage.

 

Blood spurted out of his nose and welled up in his eyes as his body started twitching. Only the feminine groan of pain and a quick glance enlightened him to the fact that his friend was suffering the same fate.

 

Their bodies were rejecting ANYTHING that had to do with the entity including memory and he was completely terrified.

 

“Relax.”

 

A sonorous voice that was filled with honey and power sounded out, swimming through the air and caressing the ears of those who had the capability to hear.

 

He didn’t realise it before in the heat or rather diminishing heat of the situation but that voice was not normal.

 

The boy absolutely refused to believe that the sounds that he could make and the sounds that the entity were making originated from the same plane of existence. And with the lack of memory he couldn’t even confirm that the sound that was literally touching him had come from a Human’s mouth even if they were ‘Human’ words.

 

What kind of Human spoke in words that felt like the warm hug of his father? This entity was absolutely not within his ability to understand and most certainly had the power to make him vanish like his instincts had been badgering him about.

 

And yet, just that 1 word was enough to make his apprehensions and qualms dissipate.

 

 ‘I’m finished’

 

A small remaining part of him managed to think the thought before that too was scattered into nothingness.

 

A smile of adoration and comfort crept onto his face.

 

 

‘Well fuck.’

 

Eridel’s right eye twitched as he fought to keep the frustration off his face. It had been so long since he had fitted the body of a Humanoid or any kind for that matter and the lack of practice assaulted his patience.

 

Indeed. The entity that was causing the minds of those around him to go through such pandemonium was the humanoid manifestation of Eridel himself, but at the same time not quite.

 

The body had most of the functions that an enlightened species should contain and obviously a bit more but it was a sham. The body was not a life form at all.

 

It was like an illusive amalgamation of Laws that formed together to give the image of a body. The only thing that made it more than what it was was the piece of Eridel’s soul that it had been forcefully fused with.

 

This allowed Eridel to completely embody the manifestation and gain the full body experience but even then, his situation was a lot more volatile than what he would wish for.

 

On a happier note, the body he made was pretty handsome if he had to say so himself. It couldn’t be helped, his pride as an entire planet and phenomenal existence with the power to wield all laws would NEVER allow him to make anything less than exemplary for his manifestation on the planet.

 

The body was roughly 7ft tall with long flowing white hair, golden eyes reminiscent of his primordial essence and pure white robes that slowly undulated with an unseen force.

 

In reality, a true manifestation or whatever it was called required him to do a pseudo reincarnation on a part of his soul into a soulless embryo. That would truly make the body he gained organic and less than likely to break apart along with that part of his soul.

 

For now, this current form would do. Or so he thought.

 

Even if he wasn’t rusty when it came to using the body, he was a complete novice when it came to wielding this amount of power and it was causing serious effects to the environment.

 

Talk less of its less than visible effects on reality, just its effects on the 2 children before him were causing him a headache.

145