Ch.72 Centre of The Central Continent
4.7k 9 139
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eridel turned his attention back to the land below him.

 

The land was absolutely overflowing with essence, it was to the point that certain objects and items had a golden glow. (Colour of the Eridius Worlds Magic Energy, other World Magical Energy is blue). Magical Herbs were so abundant that the grass looked like it had been completely replaced, even the Lifeforms in the area casually walked over them or slowly grazed like they were really just common grass.

 

Golden Magic Stones were also casually left around as if they were a bunch of pebbles and the surrounding trees towered into the sky like mountains. Clearly, the abundant Magical Energy in the area was creating astonishing effects that the rest of the World was missing out on.

 

What kind of wonderland was this?

 

“A Sacred Land… Even if this area was already good before her arrival, I didn’t really expect one to form so soon. Well, considering the number of 4th Realm Cultivators a few more of these should form before I evolve.” Eridel’s honeyed voice sounded out as he casually twisted his hair.

To be honest, he didn’t need to be in his Avatar at all. But he wanted to have a nice feel of things before he went back into his upcoming seclusion. He had quite a few things that he wanted to implement into the World before he evolved and became a Mid-World so the seclusion was a must if he wanted to finish in time.

 

Eridel gazed at a particular group of Beasts below that were radiating powerful Auras. There were 3 species in this place and the one that Eridel was looking at was a group of Snakes. Every single one of the Snakes here could be considered an Elite in this World and the weakest one here was actually a Stage 9 Spirit Beast…

 

If Eridel didn’t know better he’d definitely say that they were the strongest group of Lifeforms in the entire World. But weren’t quite there yet. Places like the depths of the Sea and the North Continent were kind of hard to top.

 

The second strongest group here was actually a bunch of Dragons. Divine Dragons to be exact. The new mutative race that was originated by Drako and the close cousins of the Snake Clan.

 

Eridel could see the said Drako messing around with Lily and and the now 4-headed Hiculu as their big sister Jörma (fuck, she’s super big now) casually watched. Eridel stared at her for a few seconds because of something that he noticed and the Beast actually tensed.

 

She looked around warily as if scouting for danger but Eridel knew he was the cause and he was thoroughly impressed. Most Residents didn't sense him unless he did something that was impossible to ignore, like speaking out loud or directly appearing in front of them. It wasn’t that he was hiding his presence, nay, it was in fact the result of the Residents subconsciously protecting themselves.

 

Just like with the 2 Twin Stars before they received Eridel’s gifts, most Resident’s completely deleted his existence from their memory. So for Jörma to

 

‘It must be because of that thing on her head. Hmm… As expected, she fully tamed it.’

 

In the middle of the majestic Snake's forehead was… a vertical 3rd Eye! The eye was previously closed but now opened to reveal an eerie red iris that shined ominously with murderous intent, it was also looking right at him.

 

The eye shined brighter and Eridel knew things were about to go left.

 

“Whoops~”

 

Eridel giggled and dissipated his avatar at the same time the Cloud beneath him turned to stone and shattered.

 

Jörma glared at the debris and ignored the startled looks of her siblings. She could have sworn she sensed something more than a mere cloud, even if the cloud was clearly strange, that was not what she felt at all.

 

She… couldn't even remember what she felt, but she knew that the cloud was not it!

 

‘What is going on…?’ She thought. She couldn’t help but feel that something was seriously wrong. However, when she saw the slightly panicky looks of her siblings she decided to forget it. She was the role model of everybody here and when she appeared distressed, everyone else started to feel wary. Because they knew that if there was something that she could not deal with, it was something that could eradicate their entire race!

 

Unfortunately, she didn’t realise that she was forgetting permanently.

 

‘Whew~ she’s quite a big girl now.’

 

Eridel remembered when she was merely 10 or so metres long. Now, she was over 300 metres long and she wasn’t even a Celestial Beast! Just like Apis, all Celestial Beasts were innately large and anyone with knowledge of them would think that Jörma was part of the same group. But she was not!

 

She was a normal Enlightened Beast with an Enlightened Form (Humanoid Transformation) and everything.

 

The only reason she was so big was because of her special bloodline that had benefited from the Tribulation and managed to evolve, no longer was it the Earth Devouring Bloodline, but now it was the Sky Devouring Bloodline!

 

This new bloodline not only allowed her to absorb more essence from whatever she ate, but now… She could directly eat Magical Energy from the air too! She could just open her large maw and whoosh, free Magical Energy incoming. It was simply too crazy.

 

As for Jörma’s siblings, they were pretty amazing too. Despite the fact that Drako was extremely lacking in terms of cultivation when compared to the other 2, his potential and talent were not in any way inferior!

 

Even though he was a 1st Stage Seeking Beast, his strength could compare to Lily who was 1st Stage Enlightened Beast. Despite the fact that this was because Lily was not really that good of a fighter, this did not take away from the fact that he could fight against someone a whole Realm above him!

 

The reason for this was because of the various things that boosted his strength. First was obviously the Laws of Fire, then came the bloodline that he gained from the Wind Supreme Dragon, and finally was the Anatomy Refinement that Raiko had taught him. Both of the 2 sworn brothers had been undergoing Anatomy Refinement on the mountain that never stopped getting struck by lightning all this time

 

Unfortunately for Drako, all these things that boosted his strength also stalled the speed of his cultivation.

 

As mentioned before, it was much harder to enrich Mana that was formed from Laws with regular Magical Energy. On top of that, when absorbing Magical Energy, a portion of it was passively absorbed into the flesh, but with beings with powerful bloodlines, the portion of the Magical Energy that was absorbed into the flesh was drastically increased and not enough went into the Beast Core or otherwise replacement (e.g Mana Core). Last but not least was the Anatomy Refinement, the thing about Anatomy Refinement was that you had to get hurt badly and wrestle your life from the grip of death to ‘level up’. But for a Beast to cultivate their Mana, it needed to eat essence-rich foods.

 

It was kind of hard to eat and get struck by lightning at the same time…

 

Despite all of that, Drako was doing pretty well for himself.

 

As for Lily and Hiculu, they were 1st Stage Enlightened Beasts and were naturally powerful. Lily’s face had been completely healed without any blemishes and only continued to become more beautiful. Her illusion abilities had also become very powerful and she was a terrible foe to have to go against.

 

Hiculu had regrown the head that had chopped off when he became a Seeking Beast but unfortunately, he didn’t get the total of 4 heads that the Seeking Beast Realm promised him. Because of the fact that one head was already chopped off, the 4th head he would have gained went into replacing the lost one. Only when he became an Enlightened Beast did he get a 4th head. Besides that, his poison had become extremely terrifying and it was to the point that even Jörma was wary of it.

 

Eridel’s Planet Core pulsed as he grew excited. With such figures in his planet, he was destined for a magisterial future!

139