Ch.75 Hybrids
4.3k 9 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Other than vastly reducing the problem of romantic relationships, Eridel planned for the Soul Mates project to get rid of a problem that he considered far more troublesome. The Hybrid stillbirths.

 

It was a universal problem that a child created from parents of 2 different species had a high likelihood of meeting fatality before birth. And even if the child was born successfully, there was a good chance that they were going to be either disabled, crippled, disfigured or mentally inept. Very, very rarely were they ever born complete. But when they were… 

 

Knowing this, it was obvious that the situation with the Devils born from the Blood Fiends and Monsters was abnormal. How could it be possible that whilst the other races were experiencing endless issues when crossbreeding, the ‘union’ between the Monsters and Blood Fiends was experiencing countless successes?

 

Were the gods looking upon the Devils with loving smiles?

 

Obviously not.

 

In truth, only a select few Monster Races were actually capable of giving birth to those Devils. These Monsters had a very high libido, a 100% child-birth success rate and it was not restricted to inbreeding. If these Monsters could find someone that was compatible, they could certainly create a Hybrid… but at a cost.

 

Taking the Devils for example, even though they had immaculate physical strength and even greater potential; They were completely incapable of utilising Mana.

 

It couldn’t be helped. Even though they were born successfully, the defaults of a Hybrid could not be completely avoided. But it caused one to wonder… What would happen if a Devil was born as part of the 1% that was born perfectly whole? Born with the benefits of both races and weaknesses of neither.

 

In any case, the Monsters that were capable of creating such feats were the experiments of Eridel that he called [Breeders]. Quite some time ago, he had been pondering over the Hybrid problems and had decided to start a few experiments.

 

The Breeders were the only success.

 

But make no mistake, the title of Breeders was not limited to a single Monster Race but rather a group of them. One of these Breeders was the Goblin Race. They, along with others like the Ogres and Orcs were able to create Hybrids with other races and with almost zero still-births. Eridel had considered it a success.

 

If only he could understand the full depths of the Menaces he had created. Life was not something to be played with so easily…

 

 

‘Not only would Soul Mates achieve the most perfect chemistry in any way possible… they would be able to give birth to perfect Hybrids if they were from different races!’

 

This was Eridel’s most important goal when it came to the Soul Mates project. But there was a problem.

 

Eridel could not guarantee that Soul Mates would be able to find each other.

 

If they were born in separate Continents and were unable to travel the World, there was nothing that could be done and Eridel didn’t dare to help. He had previously thought of utilising Fate to make them ‘somehow’ find each other if one of them didn’t die first, but he vanquished the idea as if it were an evil spirit trying to possess him.

 

Just thinking of the Tribulations that they would have to endure had made Eridel’s core dim.

 

‘Haah…~’

 

However, although it was not a certainty that Soul Mates would find each other, the closer they were to each other the more they would feel the bond. That was the best he could do.

 

After achieving contact and sealing the pact though? Hmph, even if one of them had entered an alternate dimension the other would still be able to track them. Soul Mates were almost inseparable.

 

‘Thinking about it, they should also be able to compliment each other's strength when close to each other. Even automatic dual cultivating when performing the deed is possible. Aaah…~ Soul Mates are indeed amazing. If I’m successful, they should be one of the biggest backbones of this World!’ Eridel thought with glee.

 

‘Alas, I have planned for far too long and it is time to finally put everything in motion.’

 

Eridel gave a cursory glance around the whole World and only planned to give a quick glance at the situation, but he couldn’t stop himself from pausing at 3 specific locations.

 

The underground cavern of the Slime Abomination.

 

The ever-turbulent depths of the Sea.

 

And finally… the centre of the Central Eastern Forest where Ciera’s Lake lay.

 

‘I’ll see you soon I suppose…’

 

 

(1 Week Later)

 

Even though Eridel was in seclusion, the rest of the World was still very much active.

 

Over on the Dragon Mountain, The Crystal Dragon had begun mating with other females, dead set on spreading his royal genes. Unfortunately, he was only able to mate with other female Supremes because of his ridiculous size. Even the female Supremes were unable to cope with his size unless they transformed into their Enlightened bodies along with the King, evening out the playing field. Hopefully, this wouldn’t affect the birth of the children.

 

In the North Continent, the Twin Stars of Hope were trekking across the lands like nomads as they gathered supporters and preached of overcoming the threat of the Undead, killing their oppressors, retaking their Continent and blah blah blah. On a more interesting note, both Stars had been teaching their techniques to their subordinates that were willing to fight. But what was more exciting was the actual cultivation techniques and martial skills that they had been passing down.

 

Gabriel taught hand to hand combat to the majority and weapon arts to the rare few who found their own sticks to substitute as weapons. Seraqiel on the other hand wasn’t yet able to teach her mind-blowing skills because of the lack of necessary tools, but she was able to teach the cultivation technique that she had learned from ‘Jonas’. Allowing the Humans to show the true might of Enlightened Beings.

 

Over in the East Continent– The High Human Queen commanded her brethren as they constructed buildings with tools never seen before. But hold on, looking at the layout of the territory… Could this be the beginning of a city? …Nay?! it was more than that! With the smaller village looking areas in the far distance this could well add up to being the first ever true Kingdom.

 

Marvellous!

129