Ch.80 The Queen’s Consort
4.6k 14 132
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was now an Anomaly on each Continent. Ciera Domicus the living Spring of Life in the Central, Cleo the living Storm Cloud in the North, the Unnamed Blood Tree in South, the Volcano in the East and finally, the Heavenly Sun Flame in West.

 

It was surely a coincidence with the first 2, but the 3+ more afterwards? What was the System’s- no, Eridel’s aim?

 

Even the Moon had been granted life as an Anomaly and nobody could predict what it would do. There were many beings in existence that wielded the Moon Laws to strike down their foes with heavenly might, but no one could use the full extent of a Moon’s power without the help of terrific Runes and heavy sacrifices.

 

But here was a perfectly sapient Moon that had no restrictions whatsoever on the power it could draw out from its own body.

 

Terrifying.

 

The whole entire Eridius World was terrifying.

 

Ground-breaking and absolutely rule breaking phenomenons had repeatedly taken place all over the World ever since Eridel’s arrival like it was nothing.

 

A whole new racial faction called ‘Monsters’ that had never been seen before, Tribulations that purified and even enhanced the potential of cultivators, Beasts that could gain humanoid forms along with the ability to absorb Essence from the air, every object that could passively absorb Magical Energy (Trees, Herbs, Ores, etc) already being in their first stages of cultivation, treasures that could make other-worlders turn green with envy, alternative Realm evolutions (Celestial Beasts) that possessed untold powers, Anomalies that could use the World’s ability to form contracts… too much.

 

This World was too much.

 

The impact that the World would have on the rest of the galaxy was unknown and no one was aware of it. Time continued to flow and the World continued to grow. The Magical Energy on the Planet was soon going to reach Saturation and everything would explode once more.

 

A new dawn was nigh…

 

 

[Central Continent, Eastern Forest, City of Elves]

 

(3 Months Later)

 

Within an intricately designed building, a being of transcendent beauty and imperial grace sat upon a throne with a pensive look on her face.

 

She had smooth green skin clear of blemishes, fully white eyes that glowed like stars, long white hair that rested softly against her ankles, perfect white lashes that graced her eyes, an alluring figure to tantalise the senses and the most perfect face that exceeded mortal imagination.

 

She was the Queen of Elves.

 

Titania sat upon her throne with one leg crossed over the other, pointing delicate toes towards the ground with her face resting peacefully on her fist. Although her clothing seemed to consist of 2 white pieces of cloth that wrapped around her chest and waist respectively, none of the people moving about around her gave her a single vulgar look.

 

Clothes had been prevalent long enough that the idea of them coming off was much more interesting than it used to be. And yet, the Queen only received gazes filled with reverence, adoration or fear.

 

Nobody dared to blasphemy the Queen.

 

They had learnt that lesson long ago and they were unwilling to pay for another one.

 

Titania gazed into the floorboards of her new palace absentmindedly... Worries for the future had been blossoming within her heart for a long time now and they had refused to stop. She couldn’t stop thinking about the rising ambient Magical Energy that had recently begun to feel compressing, and her conversation with the Lady of the Lake (Ciera) that she had a few days ago.

 

Back then Ciera had informed her that the World was at a tipping point and was bound to evolve in any moment, and even though she couldn’t understand how a World could evolve, she was very apprehensive.

 

She still remembered the day that Magical Energy first appeared; it was like a blessing from the heavens when everything glowed with profound life. Comparing the World with Magical Energy to the World without it was like comparing a coloured image to a black and white one. Alas…

 

Even more memorable than the scene of Trees shooting up into the air and varying Beasts growing into new forms as they evolved… was the absolutely apocalyptic series of events that happened before it.

 

The unholy rage of quaking earth, lightning bolts that stole lives like thieves in the night, sundered mountains that collapsed like sand, yawning seas that rearranged landscapes… 

 

Titania shivered at the memory of it. A lot of life had been lost that day and she was afraid that the second coming was close.

 

“Is something wrong, my Queen?” came the familiar voice of a male on her right.

 

On her right was a Man that sat on another throne. His throne was made from the same beautiful wooden material that hers was, but it was smaller and less designed. The Man himself had healthy white skin, intelligent cerulean eyes, black shoulder-length hair and a slender but muscular figure.

 

The gaze on his handsome face was soft and intimate but tinged with a hint of worry.

 

He was her husband, Alan. And by virtue of being her husband he could be considered the King of Elves… but it would be more accurate to call him the Queen’s Consort than the King.

 

{𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡’𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: Introduced back in Chapter 25: Status of The Central Eastern Forest}

 

Everybody and their friends knew that Alan was nowhere near as capable as the Queen. Although he was indeed the next best, being the most talented Elf after her highness, he was inferior to the Queen in every way possible and thus not eligible to hold the equal title of King.

 

The concept of politics hadn’t even finished gestating so there would be nobody calling him King just because of the fact that he was ‘married’ to the Queen. Only might makes right.

 

“I am fine, Alan.” Titania looked at her husband with a tired look. She was so occupied with potential problems and managing the Elves that she rarely had the time to pay her husband any mind these days.

 

Alan’s eyebrows drooped with sympathy. “My Queen… may I suggest-”

 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

132