Ch.99 Becoming a Pseudo god
4k 15 128
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

SHWIIIING!

 

From the point where Eridel’s hand met the floor, a golden Magic Circle spread across the floor and rapidly expanded until it encompassed the whole of Gaia’s body.

 

Gaia remained passive, but she was clearly uncomfortable. There were many things that someone could do to you with the help of a Magic Formation, and she didn’t have her previous Immortal strength to defend against it if she needed to.

 

She was quite helpless, and for the nth time she was reminded of why the obtainment of Power was her highest priority. But for now, she was once again put into a situation in which she had to entrust her life to someone else…

 

“Brace yourself, but do not resist.” came the sonorous voice of Eridel.

 

Gaia did as he asked and immediately steadied herself before forcing herself into a state of tranquillity, something most experienced cultivators were able to do because of their daily cultivation/meditation sessions.

 

A moment later, the ‘Magic Formation’ flared to life and sent an amalgamation of Essences into Gaia’s body.

 

!!!

 

Gaia’s eyes widened as she used her Spirit Sense to watch as Essences flowed through her body, changing the nature of her body and even her DNA, remaking it into the vessel of a god, before flowing to her Mana Core with single-minded purpose.

 

This was where she got a little worried. Because if something untoward happened to her Beast Core, she was as good as crippled. And she wasn’t sure she could find the necessary materials to remedy that in a World like this no matter how freaky it was. Hopefully, everything would be-

 

Crrrack-BOOM!

 

‘!!!’

 

Gaia’s mind was sent into a state of shock as she watched as her Beast Core was shattered right before her ‘eyes’, the accumulated Mana dispersing throughout her body and out of her pores, fading away and leaving her powerless in a matter of seconds.

 

She could not believe it. The thing she had been dreading the most had just occurred and she was now a cripp-

 

“Relax~” Eridel said with a voice that sounded like it came from the high heavens and Gaia immediately calmed down, her rising panic deflating even faster than her Mana did. Clearly, Eridel had released the restrictions he had put on his voice and was letting its innate power do his bidding, causing Gaia to once more focus on the happenings of her body.

 

The strange Essences in her body had all coalesced into the location of her now destroyed Beast Core, and seemed to be forming… a new Core?

 

Indeed! A new Core that seemed to take the properties of the Law of Creation, had replaced her Beast Core. But it was most certainly not a Beast Core. It radiated a certain hallowed intent that put to shame her previous Core even if this new one was empty. It was something that she had seen only a few times in her life and something that was very hard to confiscate unless you owned terrific power.

 

A Divine Core!

 

<Congratulations, Gaia. You have formed a god contract with the Eridius World.>

 

<Condolences, Gaia. You have lost all Mana and consequently don’t even qualify as a Stage 1 Magic Beast. To regain your cultivation, you will need to cultivate Divine Energy instead of Magic Energy.>

 

!!!

 

Gaia was expecting it, but she was still shocked! Somehow this man, Eridel, had managed to form a god-contract between her and the World!

 

‘How could this be? Has the World truly awakened its consciousness?’ Gaia thought incredulously. She had been speculating the possibility ever since the World evolved and everything in sight just seemed to bend reality, but to have a nearly direct confirmation like this…

 

It was mind boggling even to an ex-immortal like her.

 

She was even a god now. Although she was much weaker than she was 5 minutes ago, she could tell that her new starting point was much, much greater than her previous starting point.

 

‘Is becoming a god so simple nowadays? How much time did I spend in the Reincarnation Cycle?’ Gaia sceptically thought, doubtful of how easy she became a god.

 

Actually, it wasn’t as simple as she was making it out to be. The pain she had suffered as the new Divine Core formed itself in her body was enough to make the Crystal Dragon King prefer the strike of 10 Tribulation Bolts. But as an Immortal, what kind of pain had Gaia not experienced?

 

Pain is temporary. Power is eternal.

 

‘Unbelievable…’ Gaia thought, still thinking of the possibility of a Worlds Consciousness being formed despite only having Magical Energy for 120+ years.

 

If only she knew.

 

“Well…” Eridel said, bringing Gaia’s attention to his soul-stealing eyes. “It’s time to pay up.”

 

Gaia sighed once, hoping that at the very least, whatever happened to the rest of the Galaxy the Sigothia World would be fine, before complying and telling Eridel everything she knew about the 196 other Worlds and their locations.

 

*10 Minutes Later*

 

“Alas, our time together has come to an end… In any case, it’s been a pleasure speaking with you and I had a lot of fun.” He wasn’t lying. It was his first conversation with an Immortal after all and it was quite entertaining. “But I’m quite the busy man and our business here is done. However If you need anything, all you have to do is scream out the following words. ‘Lord embodiment of all that is sexy and desirable, please do with me as you wish and save me from my vows!’ and I shall appear. Pfft-HAHAHAHA!” Eridel crudely said before bursting into sprinkles of light, and leaving his boisterous laughter behind.

 

 

Shortly after that, the Despicable Brother had been chosen by the Sin of Envy, and became the Demon god of Envy. The first of the only 7 Demon gods that the Eridius World would have.

 

He was sure to make a big mess of the Eridius World.

 

But that was all according to Eridel’s plan and he naturally didn’t dwell on it. He was far more interested in how easily he had scammed Gaia, and the benefits that would come from her connection to the Sigothia World.

 

Yes. He had scammed Gaia.

If she had experience as a god, she would have known that the contract she had established with the World was the same as any other. This meant that she was a slave to the World just like any other god, and was unable to leave his domain.

 

Gaia a partner? No, just a slave, a godly slave.

128