Ch.134 Beating up Juniors in Broad Daylight
2.4k 4 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Speaking of Alan, on the 2nd month of Zalucard’s speeches, he was unable to keep his silence and actually came down from the palace to confront him.

 

Originally, he thought that the boy would suffer from the undying loyalty that the Elves had for the Queen and would only need to wait it out. Sooner or later, the Elves would no longer be able to endure the Zalucard’s nigh blasphemous tales, and he wouldn’t need to anything on his own. But who would have thought… who would have thought that the mere boy of 39 years of age would actually begin to change the minds of the people!

 

He had no doubt that half the reason for his success had to do with the stupid act of handing out his resources to the crowds that came to his speeches. Such an act was too selfless even for a Fae, and even he thought that the boy was one of the most exemplar ‘Elves’ that he had ever seen.

 

However, this boy was coming for his own position and he was not going to allow it! Still, he was a noble Elf and wasn’t going to start killing on sight, instead, he was going to give the boy a warning first. But if the boy refused to give up his foolish acts, don’t blame him for being ruthless!

 

 

Such a meeting naturally ended up in disaster.

 

Alan had come to one of the speeches with 2 Grand Elders accompanying him, much to the crowd’s awe, and proposed that Zalucard ceased his actions of trying to marry the Queen or suffer the consequences.

 

The fact that Alan had managed to summon 2 Grand Elders to this occasion spoke volumes of how seriously he was taking this situation. Normally, all the Grand Elders along with the Queen spent all their time cultivating or improving the martial techniques, only taking time out on special occasions like the birth of the Fae to make an appearance. Even the Grand Elders that had stayed in Faerie after finding it satisfactory went back into seclusion after things had settled down and it was unknown when they would reappear.

 

This was because of the fact that as Grand Elders, they were extremely knowledge about the circumstances of the Dawn Forest and even places outside of it such as the Western Forest containing the True Dragons, the vast desert in the South with the ridiculously huge Elephant, the ex-neighbour Snakes who now resided in the centre of the Continent, and even the Jungle in the North that had given birth to the new Monkey King who’s 400 metre tall height nearly rivalled the Elephant.

 

Such forces had large territories and powerful forces that they could employ along with terrific ambitions that aimed for the skies, and all of them, including the mellow and calm Elephant, were competition. So if the Elves wanted to preserve their freedom and grow their influence in this Continent for years to come, they had to take every chance that they got to raise their power! 

 

However, this caused them to often neglect their surroundings.

 

It was because of this reason that the Queen was mostly oblivious to the current situation and hadn’t responded to Alan’s actions in all this time, something that she would come to dearly regret in future.

 

Zalucard had refused Alan’s demands, and after Alan made a few more desperate attempts to change Zalucard’s mind (because he truly liked the boy and didn’t want to see him dead), he ruthlessly attacked him just like he said he would.

 

That was when things all went wrong.

 

A massive brawl between Zalucard, who at the time was in the Mana Refinement Realm (2nd Realm) and Alan who was in the Soul Refinement Realm (4th Realm) took place. Obviously, no matter how miraculous Zalucard was, it was impossible to breach the gap of 2 entire Realms, so his many guards got involved, and in turn, Alan’s 2 accompanying Grand Elders also got involved.

 

The fight lasted quite a long time before a group of Grand Elders who had been informed of the situation came and put a stop to it, but amongst these Grand Elders were those who had joined Faerie, and naturally they were more inclined to take Zalucard’s side. They didn’t even bother to take in Alan’s account and directly brought him back to the palace where he had to explain himself to the Queen herself, who could no longer act aloof.

 

Her husband was out on the streets, beating up a junior in broad daylight! What a humiliation!

 

However… She too realised that she was at fault for letting the situation go on for so long and decided not to punish Alan at all. After all, he was doing this for her. How could she be so heartless as to punish him for it when the situation was still rectifiable? All she did was make him promise not to attack the boy again, then made a public announcement that she would not marry Zalucard, and that he should completely stop his campaigns or truly pay the consequences.

 

This completely changed the Elves' thoughts towards Zalucard once more, and now they completely despised him.

 

‘What were we thinking?’ They would ask themselves ‘A man who dares to poach the married Queen? How insidious! Is this the true face of Zalucard, the leader of the noble Faerie? The Fae were also in on it and fully supported him even now, they must be in cahoots! The whole Faerie is a scam!’

 

They had completely disregarded all the donations that had been freely given and all the good deeds that Faerie had performed.

 

All because of one announcement from the Queen.

91