Ch.139 Taking a Risk
2.5k 6 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If Eridel could convert a gaseous planet into an Anomaly and personally raise it into some kind of subordinate gaseous World, the benefits would be unimaginable. However, in all the time he had spent here, he had yet to do so. It absolutely did not take 1 and a half years to convert something into an Anomaly, no matter how big it was. As a matter of fact, the process was quite quick.

 

The reason he had spent so much time here was because he had long realised that even if he were successful in converting the planet into an Anomaly, there would be no point if his access to it was severely limited. The strength of Eridel’s Avatar was that of a pseudo 6th Realm because that was the limit of his World’s current power, but even with such strength, to fly from the Eridius World to this planet would take 12 years! And that was even if he were to fly non stop. How could he accept such a thing?

 

Although the lifespan of a Mid World, especially one as unique as him, was extremely vast, to spend 12 years just to visit this planet when he could avoid it was just too wasteful. Provided to him by his inherited memories was 2 options and both of them were Rune Formations. The first option was to set up a Teleportation Formation on the surface of the planetary core and put the corresponding one somewhere on his planet. The second option was to set up a unique Formation that would actually allow the entire planet to move and move the planet next to his, something that although crazy, had been practised many times in the past. The only prerequisite was that the Planet didn’t already have a consciousness. This was because, not only was it not possible to forcefully inscribe any kind of Rune onto a conscious World’s core, but it was also extremely dangerous to be next to it.

 

A World could not personally defend itself but it had no problem raising or lowering temperatures to apocalyptic degrees, or summoning a hoard of gods.

 

Obviously, Eridel didn’t need to care about these issues. However, when he remembered how the Runes that he had inscribed onto his own core (something that only he could do as its owner) had become Integral Laws, he was slightly wary that not only would the Rune Formation become something more than permanent when the gaseous planet became a sapient life form and obtained control of itself, but he had a slight suspicion that he would lose all control of the Formation as well.

 

If he used the World Travelling Formation and it became an Integral Law, that would give birth to a sapient planet that could completely move on its own, something that even he couldn’t do. But the problem was that it might… run away. Eridel found the thought of a planet running away from him amusing, but he would suffer a major loss if such a thing became a reality.

 

However, the more he thought down this path, the more he realised how much of a treasure trove the gaseous planet that he had truly was.

 

What if he were to purposefully create Integral Laws? What if he were to make the already unique prospect of a gaseous World even more special? He could create a World that was just as bizarre as him! And of course, it was that thought that nearly left him stunned.

 

Eridel wasn’t a fool.

 

However, the idea that his thoughts had spawned for him was too delicate so he decided to shelve it away.

 

The prospect of an allied World that was just as unique as him was too great to give up, so Eridel decided to take a risk. Not only would he inscribe the World Travelling Formation, but he would also add a few other interesting Formations that would become useful as Integral Laws, such as a self-sustainable shield. 

 

It was all of this that took 1.5 Years to create. After all, he had to physically inscribe the Runes across the entire Core, unlike when he was inscribing on himself. The other name for a gaseous planet was the ‘gas giant planet’, this was because… all gaseous planets were huge! To physically have to inscribe Runes across a Core which alone was 3 or 4 times larger than his home World (The World he was born in), was obviously a monumental task. To complete the formations in just 1.5 years was actually a great achievement!

 

Now, in the current time, he was standing upon the core of the Formation with a triumphant yet slightly cautious expression. However, he wasn’t truly worried. Even in the absurd event that his conjectures were wrong and the gaseous Anomaly made the abnormal decision to disregard him… There were many means that a being like Eridel could use on a disobedient fledgling Soul. He didn’t want to do such things, but he would if he had to.

 

The only thing that had him cautious was the unknown. Nothing he was doing had been done before and he would be a fool if he didn’t prepare for any change in the situation.

 

He would have liked to activate the World Travelling Formation to bring the planet next to his own before converting it into an Anomaly, but every Formation needed energy to activate, and the only energy he had available was the energy that was forming his Avatar. He planned to use this energy to start the Anomaly Transformation and the Eridius System that was present wherever he was present, to finish the Transformation. Where would he find the energy to do so if he wasted it on the Formations?

 

The good thing was that the planet would be able to power the Formations itself once it became an Anomaly and gained sapience. Now, all that was left was to start the transformation.

 

Eridel blew out a long breath of air before a tenacious light appeared in his golden eyes.

 

“It is time.”

 

{𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡’𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: The lifespan of Low World is roughly 10 billion years, Mid World 30 billion years, High World 100 billion years and a Law World is eternal.}

84