Ch.144 The Blood Fiends Cross The Sea
2.8k 7 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Soulmate link began to pulse a little and Eridel could immediately tell that the pink planet was trying to respond to him, however, no words or even intentful thoughts were coming through.

 

It wasn’t a surprise. In truth, the Soulmate link was something that took a long time to learn how to utilise. Messaging or sending images to someone psychically was not as easy as it was to do so physically and was actually really hard to do.

 

In fact, the ability to send messages using the Soulmate link was something that most could only do when their Soulmate bond had been consummated. Not because it was a requirement, but because after consummation, the 2 Souls would completely link together in an unnatural way that caused the intimacy and compatibility between each other to reach the peak. In that state, Soulmates can really and truly look at one another and speak without words. It was this special connection that gave them insight needed to better use the functions of the Soulmate link.

 

But as the creator of the entire concept, how could Eridel not have any leeways? He created the whole thing so how could he not use the abilities that didn’t need essential conditions? What a joke that would be. But even if he wasn’t the creator, Eridel was still extremely versed in things that concerned the Soul. It wouldn’t take long for someone like him or even Gaia to comprehend some of the functions of Soulmate link once they took time to study it.

 

So whilst it was difficult for the pink planet to emulate the things that he did, it was nothing for him to do so.

 

=You will learn how to communicate with me at another time. Right now, we- you and my subordinate need to start moving.= Eridel said through the Soulmate link.

 

The pink planet's Spirit Sense pulsed with wonder, fascinated by the workings of… well, everything. As a being who had just gained sapience all things were interesting and eye-catching, especially when they were interactable like the entity known as Eridel.

 

=You should already instinctively know how to move your body. However before that, you should camouflage yourself. It’s time to go.= Eridel said.

 

He had installed a powerful camouflaging Formation along with the others, but just like the others, they had disappeared when the pink planet had become an Anomaly. He assumed that they had fused with the core and become innate functions of the planet. Otherwise, it really would not be funny if they disappeared.

 

However, his worries were not founded and after the planet went through various emotions –mostly consisting of innocent excitement and curiosity– the planet began to slowly fade away as if it was an illusion, and soon, it had completely disappeared. But just for good measure, Eridel expanded his own Spirit Sense far and wide in an attempt to detect it.

 

And he did. But only because the pink planet was his Soulmate. He could sense her Soul (something that would never be able to hide from him), but not her body.

 

Perfect.

 

Then without wasting any time, he began flying towards his Planetary Body, only pausing to make sure that the pink planet was following him. It would take roughly 12 years, but soon he would be able to meet his Soulmate in the flesh, or rather space rock… He couldn’t help but admit that he was slightly, verrrry slightly… excited.

 

‘My first Soulmate, hmm~... Considering the fact that I specialise in the almighty Dao of the booty… she should have a big ass when she creates an Avatar, right? Right? Hehe… Hehehehe~ HAHAHAHAHA!!!’

 

 

[Eridius World, Sea between the South Continent and East Continent] 

 

(5 Years Later, Year 172)

 

Somewhere between the South Continent and the East Continent, a large road of ice was slowly streaking its way across the Sea. It was extremely wide and was long enough that you couldn’t see where it originated from, however, going by the identity of the many individuals that stood upon it, it wasn’t too hard to guess where they had come from.

 

The aura of cynicism and brutality, the completely blood red eyes, the sharp teeth and fingernails, the pale skin. All of these traits could only mean one thing. It was the Blood Fiends from the South Continent.

 

They were the tyrannical race which had claimed half of the continent as their territory and were 1 of the 2 reasons that had caused the extinction of all Humans and Beasts on the South Continent. They were led by their progenitor who went by the name of Ghost, or ‘Crying Ghost’ if you could live to say it, and were very savage.

 

These sinister beings actually used to be regular Humans who struggled on a day to day basis to obtain the most basic of foods that grew in the Forest that they had come from, not even daring to hope for the meat that the Beasts liked so much, however, after a dreadful mutation pioneered by Ghost, they had become baleful beings whose diet mainly consisted of blood.

 

Nearly 200 years had passed since the dawn of their conception and they had achieved many grand feats that struck fear across the entire South Continent and would have done so to the rest of the World if communication was possible. Their leader was ruthless, but he was a genius who had been able to fend off the apocalyptic might of the King of Monsters time and time again. Under such a powerful leader, they had obtained enough power and resources that they had fully occupied their half of the Continent. However…

 

What was the current situation?

 

A paltry number of 12,000+ Blood Fiends stood upon the ever-growing road of ice in a despondent manner as if they were advancing towards their doom. There were no visible injuries, but it was clear from their uncharacteristically rough skin and dry hair that they were in a prominent state of disarray. Perhaps, if the Blood Fiends weren’t so adept at healing themselves using the blood of others, they would have been covered in wounds.

 

How did this happen?

93