Ch.156 Discovery of Another Continent
2.3k 7 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the Fae leader was still much weaker than him, he knew that it was time to go. There were no 2 ways about it. The ferocious look of pure malice that promised him endless suffering wasn’t something that he hadn’t seen before, but in his experience, each and every time he had seen a face like that being directed towards him, trouble always followed. It wasn’t always instant and it was obviously never endless, but each and every time somebody dared to look at him like that, if they didn’t die, they would deliver.

 

The delivery might be weak but more than enough times it was not. After all, only those who had the utmost assurance in themselves would look at him, the Blood Fiend Progenitor, like that. Even the weaklings that he had terrorized in the past were too occupied with feeling either fear, desperation or despair, unable to summon the slightest wisp of rage with the threat of death looming over their heads. Later, if they were still alive and he was already far, far away, they might snort their noses and stamp their feets to display their fruitless feeling of indignation, but nothing much more. What else could they do?

 

It was only people who knew that they could do something, people who were confident in their own viciousness or the viciousness of their backing, that would dare to look at HIM like that. And as such, he always made sure to kill anybody that looked at him like that even if the costs were obscene, but obviously, this time, he could not. He would have the Phoenix of Envy to deal with if he dared.

 

In rare situations like that, he would have to hope that he could withstand the delivery or hope that somebody else killed the deliverer, but obviously, this time, that would not be the case.

 

Nobody on this continent dared to kill the Creatures in Green. Nobody but the Phoenix of Envy himself, and obviously… that would not happen.

 

The Fae leader was intent on seeing his destruction and had more than enough ways to ensure it without lifting a finger. That was how powerful a few of the Creatures in Green had grown. Of course, he was still immensely powerful himself, but if all the Creatures in Green gathered to kill him. That would be his end. The Phoenix of Envy wouldn’t even need to show up.

 

He understood all of that and more the moment the Fae leader gave him that face. So, without hesitating, he turned towards the mass of Blood Fiends and ignored the Fae. Before the Fae Leader could say anything more than ‘you’, he had already sent an order to his entire race, causing them to follow him with mixed emotions with the predominant one being fear, as he rushed to the edge of the continent.

 

He was fleeing immediately.

 

Unfortunately, 3/4 of the way there, a mighty force of Monsters (with a few of them bearing green symbols on their heads) had intercepted and attacked them without even asking them to surrender. This army only continued to grow the longer the ferocious war went on and not before long even Creatures in Green and Demon Kings had begun to show up, laying waste to the Blood Fiend race.

 

By the time he had reached the shore and wiped out  the surrounding forces of Envy with the help of his Fiend Lords and other strong Blood Fiends, only a paltry 12,000+ of the previous nearly 200,000+ Blood Fiends were remaining.

 

 

That event was by far the biggest loss that the Blood Fiend race had suffered to date and even a few of his more careless Fiend Lords had perished in the battle. This was mostly due to the fact that unlike any other war in the past, the Blood Fiends couldn’t hide, retreat or even use the environment to their advantage. It had been very clear where they were going and their enemies knew it. They had been forced to run through an open grassland, a small and sparse forest, and a desert, facing innumerable attacks all the way.

 

But they did it. They had managed to escape from the forces of Envy and with the help of Fiend Lord Jin and a few other Blood Fiends with the rare Ice Affinity, they had slowly ventured into the sea. 

 

A little more than a year had passed since then and the Icy Road that they had been building all this time had grown extremely long. Ghost had seen all kinds of terrific Sea Beasts and Sea Monsters and they were all quite interesting. Sometimes, when he was in the mood, he would kill them for fun and collect their body parts to facilitate his new hobby. It was unfortunate that he had been forced to abandon all the Devil and Fae materials, but he tried not to dwell on that. If he thought about what he had been enduring in the South Continent the last few decades, his blood would boil. So instead, he liked to think about his future.

 

Even with his lack of experience outside of the South Continent, he could tell that the Phoenix of Envy was something completely unnatural. Not only had it been the first creature to enter his continent, proving that it was already a being like no other, but it had also kicked out 2 powerful Emperors who had long established deep foundations that should have kept them safe.

 

What were the chances of running into something like that once again? It had to be impossible, it just had to be. Because otherwise…

 

Ghost felt a shiver run up his spine as the images of past events passed through his mind. However, it was at this moment that he caught a change in the scenery. A change in the endless blues.

 

“That’s… land right?” Ghost murmured to himself. “It’s quite big, even from here... Can I have finally found another Continent?” He had seen many islands on his journey and had even stopped at a few to boost up his reserves, after all, he couldn’t always drink the blood of his fellow Blood Fiends. It got quite boring. However, what he wanted to find was another Continent. Even after suffering defeat after defeat, his ambitions still knew no bounds. He had always desired to be Kaiser and that had not changed. That WOULD not change. But he would not be Kaiser of a pitiful island. No, that would never be enough. He had the potential to rule a large Continent and he would not allow himself any less. It may be harder with the massive decrease in the number of Blood Fiends but everyone who was left was strong, smart and most importantly resilient.

 

...But was that even a Continent in the first place?

 

As he mulled over the question with mild hope, he suddenly remembered that he had someone, or rather something, he could ask who would give him a definitive answer.

 

“System. Is that a Continent?” Ever since things had fallen apart and all that he knew had turned on its head, he had been relying on the System more and more for answers that he himself could not answer.

 

DING!

 

<Yes. That is a Continent.>

 

DING!

 

<Congratulations Host, you have discovered another of the 5 Grand Continents; The East Continent.>

 

‘FINALLY!’ Ghost inwardly roared with bubbling glee. But as plans for conquest began to rumble through his mind he couldn’t help but think of a familiar face that he had not seen in a long time.

 

‘...I wonder where Asura ended up. Could he be on this Continent…? I hope not. I’m truly tired of seeing his ugly face. Anyways, he left from another direction so it should be fine.’ Ghost thought with narrowed eyes.

 

Strangely, the thought of Asura dying never crossed his mind.

79