Day 1 (Part I)
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chiyo wakes up and finds herself within a luxurious bedroom. Her head feels like shit and she can't seem to really remember what happened to her before then. While she's still trying to collect her thoughts, the door suddenly bursts open. A blinding light shines through as seven people enter the room.

"You're awake" The man dressed in all black peers down at her with a cold gaze. She shivers, wholly intimidated by the way he towers over her small figure.

Chiyo immediately remembers this person. He's the leader of Area One, one of the richest districts in the country due to its affiliation with banking and finance, Shichiro Kaito. While she did not know much about him, Chiyo could tell that he was a man pursued by many. He had the kind of visage that stopped people in their tracks, a mysteriously alluring charm. Straight ebony locks that made girls green with envy and deep abyssal eyes that beckon to any who dared approach.

"Sorry, you must have been surprised by what happened." a voice rings like a delicate bell in a church choir. With a motion of the hand, her secretary pushes the wheelchair nearer to where Chiyo sat on the king size bed. For the first time since the meal, she finally catches a glimpse of the youngest leader from Area Seven. From what she knew, Area Seven was a religious community that lives faithfully by the doctrine of the goddess Meia. Yukano Kiara, a dainty and petite elfin girl in appearance, seems a stark contrast to her original image of a leader. Chiyo finds herself entranced, caught by nebulous eyes that seem to dive deep into her soul. They were like glistening diamonds, melting onto the blanket of snow that were her tresses. Kiara's aid, whose identity remains unknown, is a tousled mess of milky white hair that blends with tawny skin like a milk coffee.

"What happened?" Chiyo looks around, feeling her head spin under their intense scrutinization. Why was she here? And why were they of all people here with her? She needed answers. Badly.

"You fainted after you used your "gift" in front of us. Do you remember?"

Chiyo shakes her head in reply and as she's doing it, the memory of the previous night floods back to her. She recalls her internship in this five star restaurant. Due to her exceptional talent in cooking, she was given the opportune chance to serve the famous seven leaders during one of their meetings. However, when problems arose during the course of the meal, Chiyo was required to come and meet them directly. The next series of events were a blur, but she remembered feeling dizzy and fainting when she made contact with one of the leaders. Which led up to this point in time.

A set of inquisitive eyes snaps Chiyo out from her thoughts, as it burns a literal hole into the side of her head. She wonders if he had blinked even once during the last 10 minutes of this silent exchange.

"You don't know about your power?" the untidy man looks at Chiyo curiously. "How strange, how could a normal citizen obtain a "gift"? Is she perhaps the future heir of a district?"

There he stood in all his glory, the leader of the Science and Technology sector, Area Five, Daisuke Hirahito. Dressed in what seems like weeks old pajamas and a lab coat lazily draped over the top, Hirahito's appearance leaves much to be desired. His hair is a sloppy mop of black that covers most of his face. And if that wasn't enough, his thick rimmed spectacles paired with an unshaven beard hide whatever is left.

There seems to be some confusion amongst the leaders.

"It seems like some of us are going to die very soon." the statement seems to have been intentionally directed at Kiara.

Violet meets phosphoresce crimson as she shifts her gaze to the far back of the room. Leaning against the frame of the door was the current Area Three leader, Ryou Yousuke. His appearance was uncommon to most, with chiselled jawlines and sculpted Spartan like shoulders that spoke of raw inhuman strength. Well no surprise seeing how Area Three is owned by the yakuza family, Black Dragon. Slicked back Russian violet hair cascades over ruby orbs as he studies her with the unwavering attention of a predator.

"But she doesn't look so good though. Does this power affect her health? I mean she even fainted when she used her power," someone exclaims.

"No worries, I have hired the most professional doctors in the district and they didn't seem to find anything wrong. If you're still not sure, Hirahito can perform another check up." Kaito seems to dismiss their concern with ease.

"I already did. There is indeed nothing wrong. Maybe she fainted because she received the 'divine offer'?" Hirahito seems to be inching closer to her with each spoken syllable.

Chiyo is unnerved to say the least. However, no matter what they say, she's finding it a little more than difficult to piece the puzzle together. Chiyo can't seem to bring herself to answer Hirahito's question.

"She doesn't seem to remember so let's not question her too much. One of the things I hate the most is making a cute girl uncomfortable after all." The clicking of heels catches her attention. A gorgeously curvaceous lady stands a bit closer to Chiyo. With fiery locks and a red lipped smile, everything about her screams bold. Every curve on her body, from brow to ankle only serves to add to her womanly appeal. From the way the lady's bosom jiggled as she shifted her hips, she must have been Ai Natsumi, the leader of Area Two, which specialises in real estate.

"But there is this one question that she must know how to answer." Yousuke flicks the cigarette to the floor and stomps on it with his heel. "What district are you from?"

Did this guy just litter within the hotel room?

Chiyo nods in response. She could at least answer that much. "I'm from Area Six"

Her answer seems to have caught the Area Six's leader's attention seeing how he brightened up immediately after "Oh, you're from Area Six? Hmmmm, which family are you from? I have never met you before."

The first thing of notice is that compared to the other leaders, with the clear exception of Hirahito, Shouta Akira is dressed down in a casual white tee and khaki pants. Yet the shirt fits him well. It would not have been difficult to tell that he was a man of athleticism from the taut and sinewy muscles that rippled his biceps. From his earthy sun kissed skin, to hair the colour of cinnamon and hazel eyes that crinkle at the corner when he smiles, he carried a simple yet rugged charm about him. If anything, he reminded Chiyo of a golden retriever.

"I'm from the Muuri family, I'm pretty sure you've met my father before" She finds it weird that they've never met before since Area Six is literally just one big farming community "Since he's in charge of the big cherry farm near AYT avenue."

"Oh, you're Mr. Muuri's daughter! I heard a lot about you. He said he's very proud of his beautiful and talented daughter, that must have been you!" Akira smiles happily to which Chiyo laughs, bashful at the mention of her father.

"You must not be interested in farming, that's why you're here right?" Kaito interjected, crashing the flowery atmosphere that the pair were sharing. "Are you planning to move to Area One?"

In Galsia, people often choose to stay in the same area that they are born in. However, they can also choose to migrate to a different area depending on their preferences and talents. If they have the required skill, an internship may be granted along with the chance to gain permanent residency after a few years of work. Except for Area Three and Seven where the decision has to go through the higher ranking members in the family first before the person is granted permission to move, other areas are less restrictive when it comes to transferring.

"Ah, actually I only came over here to intern, I haven't actually planned on moving here permanently just yet"

"I'm sure if you want to follow your dream, wouldn't Area One be a perfect choice? If you really want to, I can approve your request immediately." Kaito says with a business smile on his face.

"Wait a minute, this cunning man!" Natsumi exclaims, pulling Chiyo into her chest. The smaller girl can feel herself suffocating in between the 'soft, bouncy' cushions as Natsumi hugs her tighter. "You already thought about taking her to your side?"

"Yes, this money printer! You should think about Chiyo's wellbeing too!" Her vision is immediately obscured by two blindingly colourful balls of fur.

The pair were identical to each other, both rocking an insanely wild shade with streaks of pastel highlights for their hair. Though the only thing setting them apart was the choice of colour, the Area Four leader Katsurou Kazai donned mint green while his sister, Katsurou Momo sported a sweeter pink. Stylish, chic and confident, they were the true embodiment of the entertainment district. Under the crystalling light of the chandelier, their eyes shine like glazed pink confectionery as they stare up at Chiyo like kids in a candy store, filled with an unsatiated desire to try out this new flavour of goods that they have never seen before.

"Area One is no fun, come to Area Four! We can hang out and the food there is excellent too!" They cling onto either side of her and Chiyo can feel her body slowly splitting in two as they tug her back and forth like a rag doll in a game of tug of war.

"Please let-" she nearly hurls onto the floor.

"Don't listen to these little monsters!" Natsumi pushes the Katsurou twins aside as she smiles at Chiyo. "If you want to intern in the best five star restaurant in the country, you should come to Area Two, I'll recommend you there. Your cooking skill is excellent and you deserve that position."

Yousuke bellows with laughter after hearing the conversation

"Honestly you businessmen should drop the act." he smirks, long fingers threading through his hair absentmindedly "Just say it directly. You want her by your side so you can use her power for the upcoming war."

Natsumi narrows her eyes "Says the vulgar man who forces people to do whatever he wants. Don't you dare hurt this girl. I won't let you use her like what you did with your people."

"Oh yeah? Why would I hurt or use her? Unlike you pathetic people, I don't need that girl. Myself alone is enough to beat all of your asses." Yousuke scoffs, slinging his suit jacket over his shoulder as he makes for the door.

"How scary!" the twins hide themselves behind Chiyo's arms.

"Actually, what he said is right." Kiara speaks up after having been silent this whole time. "We need your help, Ms. Muuri. Your power would help us a lot in the upcoming battle. It's okay if you just want to live quietly without any relation to us. If that's the case, we won't bother you anymore. But please consider this, if you have any wish in exchange, we can offer you anything."

"Do I have to decide on this right now?" If they were going to ask something so grand of her, she felt like she at least deserves to have time to think about it. Especially when it seems like the faith of the districts were resting on a single word.

"There is no need to rush. We will be staying here for a week. You can continue thinking until then." Kiara chuckles.

"And feel free to stay in the hotel. All the fees are in my charge." Kaito, who seemed to be very good at taking opportunities, added ever so casually.

"Um...right, thank you"

"Yay! We can stay with Chiyo for a week!" Kazai and Momo bounce onto Chiyo, knocking the air, and possibly life, out of her.

"I'm happy to meet you too, Chiyo! You might think I'm up to something, but I genuinely want to be friends with you, we're from the same area after all." Akira smiles gleefully.

Hirahito doesn't say anything, all he does is continue to mumble to himself about something that she could vaguely make out to be about "gift" and "power."

Natsumi reaches out to stroke Chiyo's cheek (to which she evades expertly) with a playful glint in her foxy eyes. "I also want to be close friends with you too. Ahh...I'm really sick of staying with these seven weirdos. Having you accompany me would be way better!" She swoons dramatically, her bosom swinging like a pendulum in motion.

"We should let her get some rest now, we'll talk to you again another time Chiyo." Kiara tells the others, sending a heavenly white smile Chiyo's way before they all exit the room.

The moment everyone's gone, Chiyo releases a heavy ass sigh as she flops back onto the bed. Her hand automatically finds its way to where her phone sits on the bedside table, fingers slide across the screen as it traces the digits that she's memorised by heart.

"Hi, sweetie! Did you just finish work?" The voice on the other side chimes happily.

"Hi dad" She groans "Actually, about my work...it seems like I've been caught in a difficult situation. It's not what you think though, I haven't done anything illegal. I would never. It's just...." Chiyo lets her words trail off as she wanders with her thoughts. A part of her wanted her father to be the one to ask, to be the one to reassure her that this was nothing and that it was all just some hellish dream.

"What's wrong? Are you okay, Chiyo?" Her father asks nervously.

"The...area leaders...they said I've been blessed with a gift... but how? Nothing's making sense to me dad" She hops up from the bed, deciding that maybe pacing would be a better way to clear her mind.

Get the good old brain up and running.

"What do you mean? You received a 'gift'?! That's impossible! A gift can only be passed on when the current area leader has died" Her father sounded shocked, well, he had every right to be, so was she. "Okay calm down, Chiyo. What 'gift' did you actually receive?"

"I don't actually know" Chiyo stops dead in her tracks, the realisation hitting her like a bucket of cold water "I mean, I just woke up in this room surrounded by people who could end my life at any moment if they wanted to. But instead, they said they wanted to use me..."

"Use you? That's dangerous! You shouldn't get involved with these people. They are all very cunning...actually, Akira is okay. If you need any help just ask him." Her father sighs, she can almost feel him massaging his temples from the other line "Since you don't know what your 'gift' is yet, find it out first. It might be a mistake so don't worry...but remember, even if your power turns out to be real, you must never involve yourself with them. Our world is different from theirs."

"Okay, dad....thanks. I'll figure something out. And it seems like I'll be stuck here for the next week so I might not be able to come home to visit. Please stay safe. I love you..." Chiyo gnaws at her bottom lip as the call ends. She just wanted to go back home and eat freshly cooked meals and gaze out over the cornfield as the sun sets. But instead she's stuck here, being fought over like some trophy prize. Shaking her head, Chiyo rids herself off pessimistic thoughts. No good was going to come from her just sitting around here like this.

She needed to get some fresh air.

———

0