Chapter 5.2
1.4k 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Minutes pass and I just lay there with her rapidly cooling body, shellshocked, considering how to deal with my new reality, hating The Doberman, hating this messed up world.

I wonder where Synthia went, to what kind of afterlife. Essentials spoke about some of them. About how some practitioners use the souls of the dead or their echoes. 

Then it hits me: Synthia's karma is in the red, utterly ruined. She isn't going anywhere nice. Unless...

I sprint to the library, new life injected into my body. 

I find the brick as I run, and then make my way in.

Then, I start running my finger through the spines of the books anxiously, reading the lettering. I move through shelf after shelf, looking for a book containing information on karmic transfers.

There On Karmic Debt Manipulation. I pick up the book and go straight for the table of contents. 

1. What is karma and how does it work?

2. Techniques to avoid bad karma.

3. Creation of a karmic barometer.

3. How to surpass the bottlenecks of good karma.

4. The flaws of becoming a full-time karmamancer.

5- How to perform karmic transfers.

There. I skip right to chapter five and begin skimming through the text. As it turns out, it recommends having a barometer before attempting this ritual, so I also brush up on parts of three. 

I gather the materials I will need: chalk, a pendant connected to a necklace, and a knife.

I keep reading as I walk back to Synthia, boon on one hand, materials on the other.

"I don't hear you cooking! I'm hungryyyyy!" calls out the Doberman from upstairs.

I ignore the bitch and keep walking.

I make it back to the body and begin construction of the small chalk circle. I then cut one of my fingers, drawing some drops of blood which I place inside the pendant's small glass flask.

The red blood turns a dark red that is almost black when the necklace is placed inside the circle.

For the next step, it says to eat or drink part of the other parties body. I choose to cut a few short strands of Synthia's blonde hair.

"I, Jesse Scaurgez, take on all of Synthia's bad karma, all of her burden, so that she may not suffer in her afterlife. May you find the peace you were denied in life, Synthia." I intoned, swallowing her hair.

Using my sight, I try to identify if it worked, what has changed.

An ominous aura flows from the pendant. The blood has turned completely black.

I pick it up to observe it further and the deeper I look with my sight, the more I think I can see the blood moving, whispering warnings and bad omens. The thing even smells bad.

"What have you done," growls The Doberman, throwing the door open. "The horrible smell that is coming from that reeks of bad karma. I felt the smell double in intensity. Tell me what you've done!"

"I did many things today," I smile scornfully. "For example, I watched my fucking aunt getting butchered by a monster."

She grits her red teeth. "You want to be a smart ass, huh? Get on all fours, show me your ass, and don't move willingly or be forsworn."

10