Chapter 9: The Rules
69 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After getting a full nights sleep, Kazema and Luna went to the adventures guild, today they were to learn the rules and practice killing some monsters.

After reaching and entering the adventurers guild, Kazema and Luna search for their guide... But the woman is nowhere to be found.

"Where's the suspicious woman?" said Luna with a smirk on her face.

Kazema and Luna look around as they hadn't had a chance to look yesterday, wooden chairs and tables in the lobby, a kitchen for when adventurers come back from their mission, the receptionist area to find yourself a guide, many adventures, some with guides and some here for the first time, but the suspicious woman was nowhere to be found.

"We should probably give her a name, or at least a nickname until we find her."

"You seem really determined to find this woman, already have special feelings for that woman after only meeting her once?"

"N...no."

"Why the hesitation? Humph not that I care."

"Back to the topic in hand, any names?" 

"Lilith..." said Luna under her breath.

"For how you were acting, I guess you really like Lilith." 

"I just said that so you'd shut up about her, besides, we should probably find her."

After their small discussion, Kazema and Luna left the Adventurers Guild in search of Lilith, they followed the main road down to the outside of the capital, outside the walls of the capital they saw a river where a 'suspicious' woman was sitting down on a log looking at the small hordes of fish swimming around in the river. 

"Lilith?" said Kazema to the woman sitting on the log.

The woman had no reaction to the words of Kazema, maybe because Lilith wasn't her real name, or because the woman was purposely ignoring him, whatever the reason, the woman had no intentions of moving anytime soon.

"Ahem, could you please tell me the rules?" 

"The rules....? Are you?!"

"Yea that's right, it's the person that you were supposed to guide today."

"I-I'm so sorry!"

"What were you doing here anyways?"

"I was looking at the river."

"I can tell that much..."

"Y-you're here for the rules right? I should start right now to make up for the time you wasted on finding me.."

Anger. Sadness. Sorrow. Emptiness. And Hopelessness. All those things were radiating on the air around Lilith, although there were no signs of those feeling on her face, or her voice, Kazema and Luna could sense them at that moment, it wasn't going to be easy, but Kazema and Luna's first mission is to help Lilith accept those feelings.

"The first rule is that you must accept a quest at least 2 times a week, small quests from the ranks of F, E and D are counted as half quests, so completing two small quests will only count as one quest. The second rule is that you must complete your quest within the time limit given to you, or else you will be warned, after being warned three times, you will be dropped down a rank. The third rule is that you can only accept quests from the same rank you're in, example; if you're a rank F you can only accept quest of the F rank. And the last rule is that you must always bring your Guide with you. Those are all the main rules that are required to be taught, the rest are common sense, any questions?"

"One question, are you okay with the name Lilith"

"Lilith? I'd be glad to have that name!"

After the rules, the quest begins...

 

 

 

6