Chapter 14: Vision of Doom
4 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kimarya opened her eyes. She was in a city of stone and wood. Smelled the saltiness of the ocean in the cool breeze on her face. She tried to turn her head in confusion to the scenery change, but found that she had no control of her body, as if she was an observer stuck in her own head. Kimarya stood between pillars reaching towards the sky, holding up a wooden roof.

There were no walls. She saw ‌she was high up. It seemed to be some sort of ancient temple up on a hill.

She thought to herself, is this the vision the Great Elder Shamaner mentioned?

Her body moved on its own. She even heard her own voice in her head talking to Sunny about this Temple. This was a very bizarre feeling, very different from when Sunny or Sasquatch take over her body. When moments like those have happened, she could always feel deep down that she could override them if she truly needed to.

She kept gazing out at this temple; she saw many hieroglyphic like inscriptions on the floor and crawling up the massive columns. Kimarya could feel Sunny answering affirmatively to the Kimarya of this vision and scanning them. She wondered if she could communicate with them. She started yelling in her head, “Sunny, Me-Kimarya, Sasquatch, can any of you hear me?”

Trying this over and over, but her vision self and Sunny continued doing what they were doing, completely oblivious to her many attempts.

Suddenly, she heard a snoring sound louder than Kimarya’s and Sunny. The snoring sound suddenly stopped. “Hmm, how odd? You’re Kimarya, yet you aren’t my Kimarya. What is going on?”

“Huhuhu, I thought I felt someone knew in this occupied head. Please explain to this great and powerful and oh so magnificent one, what seems to happening right now?"

Kimarya, both surprised and elated, said, “Sasquatch, I was just in the Veil Stone selection and I touched the centermost crystal and I’m in a vision right now! Why am I being shown this? Can they hear you responding to me?”

Sasquatch responded, “Huhuhu, this great one already knew this, just testing you! This magnificent and omnipotent one knows everything! No, this great one had to make some efforts to respond to you.” When Kimarya heard this, she wanted to facepalm so hard, but ultimately couldn’t.

“Stop playing around. Please communicate with myself and have her help her past self-----”

Suddenly, she felt the most dreadful feeling of danger she has ever experienced, something that was completely incomparable to the Hyena and Murder Crow. It felt like every single one of her cells was screaming. She felt as if she was utterly insignificant. Like she was less than even an ant before some dreadful colossus looming above that seemed to push some dreadful formless pressure against her and trying to pulverize her.

She felt completely and utterly trapped!

**Sunny** RUN NOW! DREADFUL EXISTENCE! LESS THAN 0.0009% CHANCE OF SURVIVAL!

Sasquatch shouted in her head in a voice so booming and more agitated than she ever heard him, “GET OUT! TURN AROUND AND WHATEVER YOU DO, DON’T LOOK AT IT!”

It was too late.

When someone tells you not to look at something, especially in a stressful situation, few people can be so disciplined to gain control of their body within less than a split second of your brain interpreting a message telling you to not look at something dangerous? Her chin moved up, her glazed eyes finally focused past the massive city below, then past the city was the crimson sea mirroring the equally red and orange skies painted by the sunset.

Except she saw a massive blotch in her vision. She at first thought it was a smudge on her eyeball, maybe a hair or particle getting stuck in her eye. She thought maybe a cloud or even a mountain range rising from the sea before she finally realized that it was a creature so massive her eyes were incapable of totally encompassing its entirety, incapable of recognizing it as a living being. How could something so massive exist? It clicked in her head at that second, her brain whirred into complete awakeness as the shapes made sense. It was a colossal body with what appeared to be two massive appendages at its front. Appendages appearing to be scythe-like arms whose sharpness even pricked her eyes when she stared directly at them. Each arm-like appendage appeared to be big enough to dwarf an aircraft carrier, its massive body behind it pushed forward as if trying to tear the ocean in half. Its forward momentum creating massive waves in its wake. Its upper body pushed forward out of the sea and what appeared to be 6 colossal legs that could shoulder the skies and a seemingly infinitely long underbody shaking the ocean and threatening the skies as it broke the surface of the seas.

Kimarya heard Sasquatch shout “GET OUT NOW OR YOU WON’T HAVE A CHANCE TO ESCAPE IT!!!”.

Kimarya felt this moment to be the most dangerous moment of her life, she heard herself respond to sasquatch that she still couldn’t understand how a gigantic and slow creature more than 300 miles away would warrant her need to escape at this moment.

“It will be on top of this peninsula in less than 2 minutes, so you need to move right now, its faster than its size would make you think!”.

She looked back at the monstrous fiend and somehow it seemed to be much bigger and closer than she thought just a moment ago.

Sunny and Sasquatch simultaneously shouted, “RUN!” Kimarya’s body ignited with energy rampaging from within her core. Blasts of air assaulted the area around her as her hair rose up.

She pressed the red button on her wrist and from within her ring of storage shot out a golden box that sprang open towards her and its contents connected to her light armor and fully encompassed her. Four long metallic appendages formed on her back, the back two slightly longer and more sturdy than the front pair. What caught Kimarya’s eye as she observed her vision self do all of this was when a computer chip came out magically from her chest and flew to the back of this golden suit and landed on the protective spinal area of this suit.

**Fight or flight mode activated**

Kimarya turned and dived off the side of the temple, the exact opposite side of the monster. She did this with zero hesitation regardless of the city looming hundreds of feet over where she was as her tactical suit transformed into a sleek wingsuit as the appendages retracted.

She could hear herself mutter, “My cultivation doesn’t yet allow me to fly. But I prepared this suit for the meantime. Stutter step isn’t quite as effective on the ocean or quick in this environment.” She glided around spires, she saw people stunned by the pressure emanating from the monster as she scream, “There’s a monster coming, run!”.

She didn’t look back.

She knew she would barely be able to escape herself, let alone save others. Kimarya was quickly seeing the edge of the city before Sasquatch said, “Escape towards the sea, the land route is closer to it, just go straight into the ocean!”.

She altered her direction slightly, seeking to directly fly off the side of the city and into the ocean. Kimarya muttered, “It’s been like two minutes, is it really here?”

She made the mistake of turning her head to the side and felt her heart skip a beat as she saw its colossal form towering over not just the town, but even the gigantic temple overlooking the city. It stopped, and she finally saw that the surrounding haze around it was millions of tiny tentacles moving all over. She saw powerful cultivators shouting as they flew up to it and immediately get impaled by these vicious tentacles.

There was no chance of resistance, it was as if they were less than flies to it as it ignored them as the gigantic head looked down directly at the temple.

A voice rolled out like a wave from this monster, a voice that sounded totally inhuman and colder than any she could even imagine “Lesser beings, cherish the honor to be consumed by me…..DIE!”

The tentacles grew still for a second before they impaled all of the cultivators high in the sky and made their way to the city. At that moment Kimarya finally flitted over the edge off of the peninsula and towards the water below. Her heart was beating so fast she was sure it would explode! She crashed into the water.

**Adapting to aquatic escape mode, mimicking the most efficient form for this environment**

The wingsuit reassembled itself around her, the tough and spiky edges retracted to a smooth surface where water would not come in as she resurfaced. Oxygen was pulled inside of the two vacuums on her side. The form lengthened and resembled a sleek teardrop shape. The materials in front of her head grew pointed and further behind her legs a fish-like tail was formed.

Above her body rose a blue-black dorsal fin. The suit changed color as its form resembled a Marlin! The form punched through the water as the body undulated in the sea, its powerful tail went back and forth incredibly fast.

She looked back again and saw tens of thousands of others dive off the cliff. Hundreds flew up into the sky. Resistance or fighting was impossible, so they tried to escape.

Tentacles followed behind each of them. She even saw one coming directly for her, who was way ahead of many.

She dived further and pushed as much of her energy as possible into her suit to maximize its full output as her speed tripled.

Yet even as she increased her speed more and more, she could still feel the tentacle locked onto her rapidly following behind her. Those that tried to escape by flying were swiftly taken out by the tentacles in the air. They were quickly punctured through. Those were the ones with weak cultivations. Whereas those stronger and with much faster flying speed barely escaped into the horizon carrying one or two loved ones or their disciples.

Others that tried to swim like her seemed to have had better odds in the water, but ultimately the drag of the water slowed them down where the tentacle finally caught up and grabbed them. As she swam, she saw as if all the fish and sea life in the ocean, just millions of them were frantically escaping in the same direction as her as she passed them. The roaring of the water couldn’t drown out their frantic sounds or even of the people as they screamed in panic. She utilized her full cultivation, pushing to her absolute limits, swam around those in front of her. She even weaved between massive fish in the area that were trying their hardest to escape the horde of tentacles.

Predators and prey alike fled, ignoring instincts as they fled a threat much bigger than the fears written into their blood by their ancestors. They all fled like one, an unending tide.

Kimarya saw her vision self looking from side to side, confused as to what she was looking for in such a dire moment when all she needed to do was flee as fast as possible.

She jerked her head in the direction of a speeding blur rampaging and smashing aside all the fish and people as it propelled through everything. Its speed was incredible as it cleaved through the water. It was the ancient corpse shark, the deadliest and most feared creature on these shores. Only blood followed as it rampaged through all things in its way. Kimarya’s eyes shined as she moved towards it. A vicious hook was being formed on the side of the suit. She understood immediately what her plan was, her future self planned to attach herself to the shark and escape with it.

Kimarya swam between both large and small creatures as she made her way to the area it would soon pass through and was ready.

As it came up below her, she shot the hook towards its rotting dorsal fin before it immediately caught on and immediately pulled her along.

Spikes formed on her underside as the insane water resistance pushed her against its body. The hooks sunk in and the Marlin form immediately flattened out and sunk more and more hooks into its body to secure itself to its body.

Her surroundings blurred by the speed of this corpse shark was truly unbelievable as it fled in distress, using all of its fearsome might to get away from the monstrous existence back at the town reaping all the lives of all living beings.

**Sunny** Chance of escape, 90%. Kimarya responded, “I think we will finally be able to get away!”

Sasquatch interrupted,” Just to let you know, we have company. Apparently, the past version of yourself witnessed all of this as a vision.” Kimarya started to feel the vision begin to weaken and grow light. She quickly shouted, “ask her about the microchip! Have Sunny give me the data to make it! The vision is ending!”

1