Chapter 2
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I left the house, I tried to collect my thoughts.

I was Prince Joshua of the international continent belonging to the Arios Empire. I have no idea of how I came to this world. The only lifelines I have in this world are my grandfather and the memories and knowledge of a boy named White. I also have no idea what happened to White, however, I do know for a fact that he still exists within me as I have felt his emotions from earlier.

"Well it's good that he didn't disappear I guess," I said while letting out a relieved sigh.

As I continued my walk to the lake near the village, I can't help but admire the sky. A big blue sun high above the clouds, a bluish yet pinkish sky, and the trail of astral-like gasses that the far too many moons trail off of. Such a view was enough to give me something like an inner peace of a sort.

"Watchu doinn~?"

My inner peace moment was cut short by a sly callout from my back by a certain girl.

"tsk... Nothing, just enjoying the view." I said trying to hide my annoyance.

"Ehhhh? huhuhu~ aren't you a delicate one~" The girl said mockingly.

I stifled trying to hide my growing annoyance towards the girl, "Can't you just go and do something?" I asked as I turned around while giving out a forced smile.

"I want to play with you though.." she answers back with a sloppy act of sadness *Sniffle**Sniffle*

At that moment, it felt like a vein popped out of my head from annoyance.

"Hahahaha that look doesn't suit you at all! Hahaha!" She laughed profusely as how she always did. This girl was Kayla, the annoying sly little devil who always messes with my drawings-- White's drawings.

As I got more and more irritated by that devilish laugh of hers, I stopped and thought for a moment. I was right, White still did exist somewhere within this body. The fact that I can feel his feelings towards the person in front of me, even if I feel foreignism towards her, confirms my conclusion.

Noticing the change in my expression, Kayla curiously eyed my face and stabbed my sides with the blade of her hand.

"Eek!" I snapped back to reality as my body felt like a bouncing jelly. "Why you!"

Having satisfied that she has pissed me off again, she ran back to the village while laughing loudly like a crazy witch. As I was planning to catch up to her, the birds in the forest began to gawk-- as if something was coming.

With a loud roar, what appeared beyond the woods was a giant bear-like creature, almost 2 meters tall with its body fused with rock segments and almost foot-long claws. It was a Second Grade Chimera beast that is rarely seen outside of the forest. However, for one to appear now, and as angry as it is why would-

"Kuhuhuhu let your older sister take care of this!" Kayla said as I collected myself.

"Older sister? You're just a year older than m- wait that's not the point! That's a Second Grade Chimera beast you know?!" I answered back trying to reason her out of engaging it.

"hmmm?~ no cheers for your older sister?~"

'This little brat!' I cursed in my head.

While I was trying to calm myself down, Kayla already charged towards the bear-like chimera beast. Holding a short sword in her right hand, she ducked to dodged the swipe of the chimera's claws, she then swung her sword upwards towards the chimera's torso, then followed it up with a series of slashes at many different angles.

However, the rock segments in the chimera's torso were able to repel the sword out of Kayla's hands.

"Welp," she said in realization with an awkward smile on her face.

The Chimera tried to grab a hold of her, but she dashed backward to avoid it. At the same time, catching her falling sword and slashing it downwards with full force on the Chimera's arm. This time, however, an aura of red and lightning enveloped her body.

Her sword was also covered by her magic. Strengthening both her body and blade, it looked like she aimed to do quick work of the beast.

With a loud thud of breaking rocks, the rock segments in the chimera's body cracked as the sword slashes past it and into the bear's flesh.

"Kufufu how about that!?" She said proudly.

The Chimera roared louder than before as its eyes began to emit bloodlust far surpassing its earlier aura.

"This is bad, Kayla! Finish it off!" I shouted, trying to urge Kayla to finish her job.

"Yeah!-- huh?" She asked, but it didn't feel like that was directed to me.

"What's wrong?" I asked back

"My sword! I can't pull it back!" She answered back hurriedly while trying to pull her sword out of the chimera's arm. However, it seems that the thick rock segments on the bear's body made her unable to do so.

The Chimera raised its other arm and swiped Kayla off of its body-- Kayla's sword, still stuck in its arms. Kayla rolled a few feet from the bear's force and was slowly losing consciousness.

I tried to study the situation once more. Kayla was a few feet away from the rampaging chimera. Thinking of what I could use and do to save this child and escape from this situation, I urged my body to move Kayla out of the rampaging chimera's charge.

My attempt was successful; however, my small body is not strong enough to carry someone while running from a rampaging bear. That, I realized as I tripped on my feet.

"Damn it!" I cursed as the Chimera's attention came back to us.

I was panicking, thinking, and studying the whole situation. I couldn't let this child die and I also couldn't just cause the death of this body. Concluding, I picked up a long stick from a branch of a tree

in an attempt to somehow blind the chimera's eyes so that I can wake Kayla up and ask the adults from the village for help.

As I drew my plan in my head, I steeled myself for my first life and death combat in this world, and my previous.

0