Chapter 8
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome back master." As soon as I stepped inside the house, Sophia courteously greeted me with a curtsy.

"Sophia, what's for Dinner?" I asked Sophia, placing a hand in my rumbling stomach. It has only been a few hours since grandpa and I had breakfast but it seems that all that walking tired my body out.

I turned my gaze at Sophia. Despite her looks, she is an automaton and therefore does not require any food as a source of energy.

Sophia replied, "Unfortunately I still haven't prepared one. For now, however, I can serve you a light meal to fill your stomach."

"Sure, that's also fine, please just serve it in my room."

"understood," She replied before heading to the kitchen.

As I walk up the stairs to my room, I thought that it is time to learn more about this world. Of course, White's knowledge and memories had greatly helped me in adjusting to this world, but even a seven years old boy's knowledge can only come so far. Especially considering our current location.

Once I was in my room, I peered my eyes to the few books stacked on top of each other above my desk. I held the book on top. It looks like a book that has aged, yet evidently preserved. As a matter of fact, all the stacked 4 books were rather well kept.

Unstacking all the books and laying them down on my desk, one book, in particular, caught my attention.

"The Birth of a New Era" I read the title.

"That's the book you loved to read," a voice rang from the door's direction. Startled, I turned my attention towards the person in the doorway.

"Master?" Sophia tilts her head as she asks, seemingly surprised as to why I was startled.

"N-nothing."

"I have brought your meal, may I come in?"

'you already opened the door so what's the point of asking about that?' I asked in my thoughts, giving out a quiet sigh.

"Sure, come in."

I stacked up the books once more so that Sophia can place my meal on my desk. The books I had all seemed like storybooks, which were not what I was looking for as the books I'm looking for are historical and factual.

"Sophia, do we have any history books?" I asked Sophia who was preparing to leave my room.

"That depends on the topic. However, that book in your hand is already considered a history book." She responds.

"This one?" I held out the book, "but isn't this a fairytale?" I asked.

"It can be considered as a fairytale if that is the reader's intention. However, that book is rather historical as it depicts the story of the Hero who defeated the Demon King and ended the old era of our world," She elaborated.

"I see. Thank you."

"If that is all I will be going now, please call me if you need anything," Sophia says before leaving my room.

Looking at the cover of the book, I do recall some of White's memories concerning this book. However, most of the memories I have about this book perceive this story as a tale rather than historical literature.

Before reading the book, I took my meal first as to not stain it.

--------------------------------

Four races once ruled this world: Human, Elven, Beastian, and Demon.

Humans had an unknowing perspective, a clean slate, which didn't have an innate desire as they learn that value from their experiences in life.

In terms of magic, although rarely awakened, humans can birth mages with any of the 7 elements which are wind, water, earth, quasi-blood, fire, lightning, and ice with the latter 3 being a tier above the rest. This makes the race a versatile powerhouse. It's also possible for one to hold multiple elements as long as the attributes aren't the same type of level.

Elves, on the other hand, had a directive and innate will, which was to protect the purity and elegance of the world. In terms of magic, elves can only awaken 4 of their racial affinity (water, wind, earth, and light which is a tier above others. it is also possible for an elf to birth someone with multiple affinities.

Beastians also had a directive will that urged them to love fighting or excitement in general. This was one of the reasons why the beast race allied themselves with the demon race against the humans and elves. As for magic, Beastians are known for their physical prowess rather than their magic. However, they could use also use quasi-blood and transformation magic which was special to their race.

Lastly, Demons. This race also has a directive will that compels them to lead. Like Beastians, demons only follow those who are stronger than them, but unlike Beastians, demons carry more pride in their actions and are considered to be dignified in nature. As for their magic, they can use only use blood and darkness attributes. To make up for that, however, Demons have high resistance against magic.

Wills are important as it classifies a being's race as well as serve to balance the world we live in. However, when one sides tip too much, then chaos would occur.

Twenty-three years ago, a war that lasted for 16 years started. When the Demons and Beastians lost the urge to control their innate wills, they brought about utter chaos and terror upon the world.

The Humans who sought survival and the Elves who sought to protect the world, allied against the Demons and Beastians. The war was at a standstill for 15 years, until one Hero, he who was chosen by the Gods of Dorr Valia, by the name of Luck Whitefield, rose to defeat the Demon Lord who lead both Demons and Beastias at the expense of his own life.

As a result, both the Demons and Beastians retreated to another continent and ended the long 16 years war which we now know as "The Great Race War" and started the "New Era" that we currently live in.

----------------------------------------

I can see how this was both a history book and a fairytale. A hero who was chosen to save the weak by the Gods of Dorr Valia, He who was both a hero and a person who showed compassion and valor, and in the end, saved the world.

I lay on my bed and gave it some thoughts. It's amazing if someone is to be adored by many for his great deeds.  However, I can't help but compare myself to this Hero.

I, as Prince Joshua, tried to follow the steps of his father in order to continue his will upon the world. It would have been amazing if saving the world was the Hero's true intention, but as I compare him to the likes of me, I can't help but feel sad by the thought of this great and noble figure being a puppet of others.

Or maybe it's a reflection of myself...

Looking at the window, I stared at the night sky that revealed a lustrous purple space filled with twinkling stars and moons. Although knowing history is fine and all, I still wanted to know simple questions about this world.

Of course, I have enough knowledge from my previous world to back me up, but for all I know, the customs and etiquette of this world may be different from my own.

White's knowledge and memories have helped me so far, but those are only a few and mostly about magic and adventures from books. Wielding a sword is something I am familiar with, but as this world houses terrible monsters like the Chimera beasts from before, relearning to fight wouldn't be a bad idea.

Furthermore, I have no intention of going back to my previous suffocating life as a puppet for others.

Whilst contemplating about the things of this world I have not prepared for and the things I tried to look forward to, I let my consciousness sink into the deep darkness.

0