Ch-7 Ben vs an adult Earth Bear.
103 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He checked out their power and urja levels.

The four wolves had about 40 urja and 20 power levels respectively.

Their power level was weak as compared to their urja level because during hunts, they were used to relying more on their magical attacks, which is also their racial trait.

'These four wolves turned out to be around equal in strength to the average lion back on earth...well it is maybe because of the rich environment here in this fantasy world.'

Ben knew that they were wolves or very similar to wolves but he didn't know what they were called. 'Ice wolves maybe?'

The brown coloured bear had an urja level of 60 and power level of 120.

It had low urja due to its dependence being more on strength rather than its magical racial trait. The bear looked similar to the normal bears from earth except it had the ability to manipulate the earth below it. All this information...Ben didn't know.

After checking their stats, Ben confirmed that he was more powerful than any one of them alone, but he would still lose if they ganged up on him.

'Hey system, Can I absorb the urja pouring out from that dead bear? Or do I have to get close enough?'

Ding!

[The owner is only required to sense or see the urja to absorb it. The system would be able to absorb the urja if the owner can see or sense the energy. Absorbing speed would depend on the distance between the owner and the urja energy.]

'Ok then absorb the urja pouring out from that bear!'

With his order, the light blue coloured aura pouring out from the dead bear slowly started moving towards Ben's direction. The wolves weren't able to sense anything at all.

They didn't celebrate for much longer, and had already started feasting on the dead bear.

They had to eat quickly lest some other wild beasts appear here by the strong smell of blood.

Puk puk puk puk

Hap! hap! hap! (Sound of eating )

After absorbing all the urja from the bear, he started absorbing urja from the dead wolf as well.

Finally after absorbing all the urja, he didn't waste much time and moved.

The four wolves heard the sound of someone moving and became alert but were relieved after sensing that the beast had gone away instead of approaching them.

Ben only wanted to absorb the urja and not to fight against strong beasts that he knew he would not be able to handle right now.

….

After moving far away from them, Ben hides somewhere to rest and also to check up his urja and power quantity after absorption from before.

Universal beast system.

Owner: Ben clarkson

Ability: Flame thrower

Skill: Basic physical abilities

System ability: Absorb urja, Language translator (works for both speaking and listening)

Urja level: 135

Power level: 270

..

..

 

His urja level increased by fifty units making it 135 and his power level increased to reach 270!

He always used to feel his body heating up and turning stronger after absorbing urja. He knew that he grew powerful but couldn't pinpoint exactly how strong he became.

"I should test my physical abilities first." His eyes became sharp, filled with determination.

….

After a while,

 

An adult earth bear slowly came out from some bushes, and went ahead to drink water so that he could quench his thirst from a small river stream ahead.

Glup Glup 

After reaching the shore, it started drinking steadily, it looked as if the bear wasn't afraid of anyone ambushing him.

After some time, the bear sensed a presence approaching him from behind and became alert of this stranger. It quickly turned it's whole body ready to attack or defend at any time!

The bear saw a terrifying and elegant looking yellow coloured beast, it was a weird combination of the two traits.

The beast looked very unique, at least the bear had never seen someone like Ben yet.

He didn't sense any magical properties on this weird beast so the bear automatically thought that this strange beast was weaker than himself. This thought led the bear to be filled with some confidence in winning against him.

 

'Hm? This bear looks pretty smug about something... weird' thought Ben.

Yes, it was Ben who was approaching this earth bear, since he only wanted to test his overall physical capabilities, he decided to try out his hands on this bear that looked stronger than the previous bear that fought against those blue wolves.

He didn't try fighting with those blue wolves because they were fast, agile and were in a group of four. This bear looked strong but was slow as compared to those wolves, thus he could run away after testing his strength once.

 

Urja level: 100 Power level: 180

This was the information of this bear that the system has shown to Ben.

 

The bear noticed a human like expression on this beast and thought

'Does this beast want to fight me? Why is he approaching me?'

"Stop! Get lost if you don't want to die!" (ROAR!) The bear roared. 

Ben's system translated the meaning behind the roar so that its owner could understand what the bear was trying to tell him.

 

'Oh..I seem to be able to understand this bear as well..ok then, system? I want you to infuse urja to my body so that my overall physical capabilities could be increased for a while.'

Ding!

[Owner can do it himself as well. Owner doesn't have experience in manipulating urja yet so the system would help you for now.]

'Ok ok just do it already.' 

Ben felt a bit irritated by reading his system's recurring texts from time to time but he knew that a system that would give important information from time to time was a helpful system. This also doesn't let him feel lonely or bored.

'I wish this system could speak directly into my mind instead of giving me long sentences to read...no, maybe it would be better if the system could do both speaking and texting at the same time….anyways I should focus on the present situation for now.'

 

Seeing that the beast didn't stop after getting his threatening gesture, the bear decided to attack it!.

The bear was almost about to move, when it suddenly saw the yellow coloured beast disappearing from his position before instantly appearing right in front of him!

Ben used urja to strengthen his physical capabilities before running straight towards the bear and jumped!.

After jumping, while being a bit above the bear, Ben gathered urja at his right paw, and used almost full strength to slap the left-side head of the bear!

Pak!! A heavy sound of someone hitting something echoed.

Roar!......Dhak.

 

There was a terrible cry from the bear after getting hit on the head by Ben. He directly fell to the ground from the hit.

After a while, the bear tried standing up but would fall down again and again out of dizziness. There were even three big claw marks on his upper head, close to the side of the right eye.

 

Seeing the terrible situation of this bear, Ben was shocked!

"Have I become so strong? Could I have killed those wolves alone then?'

Ding!

[ It seems so…]

After reading the system message and looking at the pitiful bear Ben felt some pity, and began doubting himself.

'Wait..when did I become so cruel....was I actually so heartless before? Would I have ever thought of hitting any living being just to test out my strength?.' He felt a little guilty after seeing how pitiful this bear looked.

'System, did you do something to my consciousness?'

He got no response from the system this time.

'It's alright, I won't hate you or anything, just tell me.'

Ding!

[ The system made it so that the owner would not feel much emotion after killing someone or something. The system made the owner a bit more cold minded so that it would be more convenient for the owner in his early stages of gaining strength.]

'Oh...I think….it is better that way….even though it is a bit creepy. Can you give me back my emotions, feelings or excitement later on when I travel back to Earth? while I am watching those anime or reading some manga, Manwha, Manhua, webnovels? Etc etc. Afterall I don't want to lose my ability to have fun in life.'

Ding!

[Yes, the system can do that if the owner ever wishes.]

Ben felt assured after hearing this reply from the system…Wait hearing this reply?...

'Hm? System you can speak now?'

Ding!

[ Yes, the system decided to speak as well as give text messages on the interface after hearing the owner's request.]

"Ho...you're a surprisingly nice system, I wonder why you want me to become a universal beast? Can you tell me the reason?" Asked Ben in a casual tone.

Ding!

[The system would tell the owner later, for now it suggests the owner to care more about his present situation.]

'Oh right! I forgot about the bear.'

After getting a reminder from the system, Ben quickly shifted his attention back to the bear.

The earth bear was still in pain from his hit, and was growling and crying.

Seeing the aggrieved bear, Ben embarrassedly tried scratching his right cheek but couldn't because he realised that he didn't have human hands anymore.

"Hais~ Come on get up already, weren't you acting so strong before? What happened to your aggression? You should Get up and fight me right now!"

 

Hearing his words, the bear felt angry but was also frightened because he realised that this beast was strong, and he wouldn't be able to defeat it.

'What should I do? What should I do? I can't beat this beast.'

After thinking for some time, he slowly stood up from the ground, and pitifully stared at Ben with his big watery round eyes.

"Please spare me O great one, I was blind to have shown aggression towards you before. Please spare me, and I will forever be grateful to you."

Ben got goosebumps from hearing that pitiful tone coming out from the bear. He slapped him again, albeit with more gentleness than before.

Pak!

"Don't act so innocent and pitiful, get lost before I smack you again."

Seeing the terrifying expression on Ben's face, the bear fearfully ran away.

"Thank you! Thank you! O great one, I will forever be grateful!'

After saying this, he ran away quickly.

Dham! Dham! Dham!

He was running very fast, and that too aggressively, which resulted in very powerful thumping sounds that kept coming out from the ground along with his running legs and hands.

 

9