Ch-9 Grey wolf leader’s secret
109 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three small cub sized wolves became sad, their ears dropped and they started throwing tantrums.

"No! no! We want to go with daddy!"

"Yes! Yes! I want to go!"

"Take us! Or we will steal your favourite cloth!"

"Hmph! No means NO."

Said Rak to his kids while staring sternly at them.

"Ow…"

After seeing the angry expression on Rak, they stopped complaining and obediently went back to their home.

"these kids….hais" sighed Rak.

He felt that he should be strict with his kids lest they become disobedient, and start causing havoc in the forest.

"They are your offspring after all, they all have the same adventurous spirit inside of them."

Maria teased Rak.

"Ahem..I am quite exhausted after travelling outside for some days, I will go and rest...as for those three humans...let them stay here for a while until they recover, and we'll see what to do after that."

After Saying this, Rak went inside their home to sleep with the kids. Maria kept staring at his back till he went inside and disappeared from her view.

"Rak…you're still so…." 

A memory passed through her mind before it disappeared. She turned her body and started walking closer to the three humans standing beside their small gate entrance, smiling awkwardly among the celebrating grey wolves.

Maria wanted to explain their current situation to them.

….

The next morning, Sunlight shone upon Ben's face, and his eyes slowly opened to notice the sunlight as well as reflections of three creepy goblins staring at him.

!!

'Damn! I almost screamed...phew...I almost forgot that I am in a different world now.'

After reminding himself again. He slowly stood up from his position, and stared at the goblins Bob, job and pop.

"You guys are ready already? Alright then let's go!.

Ben stretched, and growled to generate some enthusiastic energy inside of him.

"We are ready, boss!"

Replied Bob enthusiastically as well along with Pop and job.

 

Bob looked at Job, and remembered what he had planned to do this morning.

"Job, come here, let me officially accept you as my subordinate, and give you a power of your own."

Huh..

What! Really!

Job excitedly hopped closer to Ben, and waited for his move!

Seeing the excitement, Bob chuckled and slowly lifted his paw to touch the head of the job, and asked the system to acknowledge her.

Ding!

[Acknowledging 'Job'….acknowledged….transferring a random skill.]

 

Shewww!

Huff! Huff!

Job fell down and started suffocating!. She was feeling very hot inside her body, and her consciousness almost faded. Her eyes almost lost colour when suddenly, the suffocation and the heat inside of her body disappeared.

Huff huff

After regaining some strength, 'Job' slowly stood up from the ground before checking herself to make sure whether something was wrong with her body.

After finding nothing wrong Job bowed in front of Ben, and thanked him for this opportunity. She could feel some kind of power inside of her!

Even though she can't yet use it she still knew that some kind of power now resided inside of her. She wasn't an ordinary goblin anymore!

For this, Job was very thankful towards their Boss.

"Thank you boss! Even though I didn't do anything to be useful to you yet, Boss still gave me some kind of power...I can't express how happy I am….please order anything you want in the future boss! I will do my best to honour your orders!"

...

Bob was happy for her and smiled together with Job to congratulate her.

At a small distance away, beside some grasses Pop was expressionlessly staring at the happy atmosphere around the three of them. It seemed like he wasn't very happy.

He slowly picked up a stick, and squatted down to draw lazily on the ground to pass time.

"Kr..ka ke kr ky?…" (I wonder when the Boss will acknowledge and give me something too?...)

 

Seeing how happy Job looked, Ben nodded with a smile.

"You don't have to be so grateful just follow my orders properly in the future."

Although he acted cool and powerful in front of these three, Ben still felt some embarrassment knowing that his system was the one doing all this hard work, not him.

The gratitude should go towards the Universal beast system, not Ben clarckson.

Ding!

[Ben clarckson is the current owner of the system so the gratitude should be towards the owner. The system is just a tool created to powerful beings. That's the only work it does, nothing else. Since you're the owner now, just take the system as the owner's guide to become powerful in the future.]

Oh…

Reading and hearing these sentences from the system, Ben nodded to show his understanding.

'I should already accept the system as a part of my new life now. It seems like I am still not used to its existence yet...hm...well it is okay and all that.. but I seem to have forgotten something...oh right.'

While thinking about the system, Ben suddenly remembered something.

'Hey system! I completely forgot to ask about this, I wanted to know why you want me to become a universal beast? And exactly what is a universal beast? Can you tell me now?"

 

Ding!

[ The system wants you to become a universal beast because you're the owner...no other reason can be found for now.

Universal beast: A beast that can threaten or even destroy galaxies. (Universal beast is just a term used to identify these level of powerful beasts together.)]

 

'Oh..that's it? That's the only reason you found? And someone that can destroy galaxies can be considered a universal beast? Wait then how many urja and power levels do I need to become a universal beast? Can I even reach that kind of level in this life? Well...it doesn't matter, I will just keep growing stronger for now, let's see what happens in the future.'

Ben shook his head, and felt some headache after thinking for so long.

"It is time to go you three, lead me towards the direction of the South."

 

"Yes boss! We should go from that direction, there is a shortcut ahead."

"Yas loss…"

Bob and job replied enthusiastically and even showed the direction towards the south with their right-hand's main finger.

Pop was rather dull and even his body movement was sluggish, Ben didn't pay any attention to him for now, and simply moved up towards the direction pointed by Bob and job.

On the way, he could check up on the power that Job was given by the system.

 

After seeing that Ben had gone ahead, Bob noticed the sad state of Pop and went closer to comfort him.

"Why are you sad? It is not like our boss won't acknowledge you right? You just have to wait for a while, and prove your worth to him."

"Yes, Bob is right, just keep working hard for your boss and you will very soon get acknowledged by him."

After hearing their words, Pop looked up to stare at these two lucky fellows.

'Kr ka kr ka kk ke kr ky ky ky…. ko jo ko ke kr ky' (I am not sad about not getting acknowledged yet….it just feels bad to have you two get acknowledged first, and then me becoming alone.)

Pop sighed and became motivated to work hard for Ben, he wanted to get acknowledged as well.

Now it was not about getting powers, it was the weird feeling of being left behind by his two companions that was making him sad. Pop wanted to get rid of this feeling, and in order to do that he had to carefully follow their Boss's commands.

 

Bob and Job were just about to console him again, When suddenly! Pop's sluggish back straightened, and his eyes became determined!

They saw Pop quickly moving ahead to follow behind their boss.

After Pop left, the other two stared confusedly at each other for a while before following behind their Boss as well.

….

 

It was morning, a big sun could be seen in the sky.

In the grey wolf village, the three humans were currently conversing with each other.

Yesterday, they had a talk with 'Maria' , the wife of the leader of the grey wolves. She told them that the grey wolves of this village had interacted with humans before, not only that, she also mentioned that their leader 'Rak' was given his name imbued with mana by a powerful human in the past, which resulted in his current tyrannical strength.

Due to this reason, he was friendly towards the humans, and even led their wolf tribe to have some interaction and deals with some human villages from nearby cities

Being the absolute rulers of this area in the forest, the grey wolves allowed few human villages to form close to the forest, and even had friendly exchanges with the villagers.

This resulted in this area being more peaceful than other areas of the forest unlike the south area where fierce fights took place at almost every inch of the place.

Only strong adventurers roamed those areas.

Although the Jasper forest was big, it wasn't large enough to contain so many different species of creatures inside of it. Due to this, constant wars or battles between different species occur on many occasions like territorial disputes, resource division etc etc.

 

Even though Rak was friendly towards humans, not many people outside knew that there was a whole tribe of grey wolves who weren't hostile towards the humans as humans were not the only species living in cities.

Most adventurers that came inside were composed of different species so they rarely had any chances to interact with the grey wolves from the west area.

Also most of them were just weak bronze rank adventurers so they would not have the guts to ever explore deep inside the Jasper forest.

The Jasper forest wasn't that important resource for the people outside as only Jasper flowers grew here, there were other bigger forests, and mountainous regions at different places, filled with powerful beasts.

Most adventurers would explore those bigger forests with more important resources.

 

5