Ch-11 Trouble finds iself
100 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking for some distance in the forest, Ben reached a small pond. The pond was very dirty having mud sludges everywhere.

He didn't mind the dirty, smelly atmosphere and stopped in his tracks to check his system interface.

"Hm...This skill 'Spirit control' is very useful….If Job grows more powerful in the future then she might become a source of terror for many people...or maybe not?"

He didn't know whether powerful beings living here have ways to block spirit controlling attacks. If not then Job would surely be almost non stoppable with this skill of hers.

Ben turned down his head and looked at the skill's description on his system interface.

 

[ Spirit control: Using voice as a medium to control or attack]

It was a powerful skill because even if someone was able to completely block off their senses, they can still be controlled using this skill as most beings can't stop their spirit from hearing the voice, but just like any other skills or abilities this one also had drawbacks.

Job can only use this skill using mana, her voice has to be infused with mana to be able to affect others, if not then her attack would become useless.

If she tried to control someone with a more powerful control of Mana, then the person could simply use their own Mana to block off the mana that was infused within the voice.

Even if they can't block the sound from reaching them, they could still use mana to offset the mana contained within the voice.

This way although the voice would reach them but without Mana the manipulation won't happen.

This drawback won't affect Job if she had a more concentrated amount of Mana infused within the voice. If the concentrated mana infused within her voice turned out to be powerful enough to get past the mana barrier of her opponent, then the attack would be successful.

The degree of control over the spirit of an opponent also depends upon the quantity and quality of the attacker's Mana.

If she can only send a small amount, then a strong opponent with good control over his/her mind and body can get out of the manipulation, just like how during battle, the frost wolf was able to shake off the mind manipulation with a shake of his head. Although he wouldn't have been able to do that if Job had more mana to spare.

All these things were mentioned by the system, this skill could have much more uses but Job would have to find this out by herself.

Anyway, Ben didn't come here to just think about her powerful skill, he came here because just a while ago, when Job was battling with that Frost wolf, Ben had heard his system's voice giving him some kind of message. He couldn't understand the message properly due to the battle so he decided to go somewhere alone and see what the system had sent him.

Afterall checking the system interface feels nice when you're somewhere alone.

 

After thinking about this, Ben asked for the system interface to appear before his eyes and saw some text messages appear below his status screen.

 

Universal beast system

Owner: Ben clarckson

Ability: Flame thrower (+)

Skill: Basic physical skills

System ability: Absorb Urja, Language translator

Urja level: 185= 190 ( Increased after absorbing some urja from the frost wolf killed by Job)

Power level: 370= 380

Create abilities/skills

Subordination limit: 2

System mission: Conquer the Jasper forest.

Time limit: Two months

Reward : A useful ability

..

..

 

"Hm...System mission? You just gave me a mission NOW?....Oh right...you Don't know much about this world as well right? So after hearing Bob describing this Jasper forest you gave me a mission to conquer jt...is it like that?...Anyway...what is this system mission? Will I get missions like this very frequently? And what if I fail in completing these missions?"

Hearing his barrage of questions, the system answered hurriedly.

Ding!

[ Yes, the system doesn't know much about the world, it could only identify that the source of This world's energy is Mana. Mana is an energy used in many worlds so the system was able to easily identify it. System missions are given to help the owner become powerful quickly.

This way the system could also give powerful abilities and skills to the owner. The mission's frequency can't be determined. Nothing will happen if the owner can't complete a mission properly, only the rewards would not be given to the owner.]

After seeing the prompt, and reading it. Ben understood something about the system.

'It isn't some super powerful or omnipotent being. It has its limits and acts like a living person sometimes...I wonder who created it? And why was I chosen to become the owner of this system?...hm..I at least know that the system won't tell me anything for now, guess I can just wait and slowly find out in the future.'

After thinking of this, he sighed and wondered about whether he should complete this mission.

'Maybe I should?....it is not like I have anything else to do right? I want to grow stronger as well, and find out about my secrets. The fastest way is to make subordinates and let them keep hunting to increase my urja and power levels….though I am not into creating my own kingdom or empire…..oh right.. I can simply go around conquering different places and then leave like the wind!'

Ben didn't want to cause too much trouble, and bring unnecessary attention to himself.

'It's not like I won't get any attention...with this Universal beast system I will definitely be the centre of attention in the future. The more my strength increases the more enemies I will have in the future.'

Simple logic so he can't just go around doing stupid things, he has to become a bit more cautious and ruthless, otherwise he wouldn't even know when and how he died!.

'This is a different world with powerful people who could easily break any law made by the beings of this world....I have to be more careful with my actions.' Thought Ben with a determined expression on his face.

'Now I also know that there exists other magical worlds out there in the universe…'

Just thinking about this made his body shake with some excitement!

'I can't believe this!....wow there are so many things that I can do now, I don't have to restrain myself too much!...I can even go around living like some villain or a divine beast...ahem ahem...let's not get too carried away now, I am still very weak.'

After dreaming about amazing things, Ben turned his body and began walking back to where he left his subordinates.

 

"Hm? What is this?"

While walking, Ben could hear some faint noises coming from the front.

He didn't go too far away so after some walking he was able to quickly reach back, but the more he went closer the more noises he started hearing.

"Are they fighting with each other? I don't think so.…"

After carefully listening to the noises he could make out that the noises sounded like some battle was going on there.

'Wait!..don't tell me…'

Ben quickened his pace and ran ahead sneakily, he was going to check out the situation. If it turned out to be what he thought it was...then he will have to be prepared to kill!

 

On a plain area of small grasses.

Three goblins were currently in a confrontation with three unknown beings. It seems like they were preventing the three taller beings from snatching away the dead body of a frost wolf.

A goblin was heavily injured by one of them, he was lying down in a pool of blood barely breathing.

 

"So annoying! These weak chickns aren't runnin away even after we took down one of 'em."

A short black haired human male having a lean but muscular body, with a height of 5'5 angrily shouted. He was wearing a tight combat type half shirt and pants. He had young facial features.

"They appear to be stubborn, let me take care of em'." The short guy went ahead with a sinister expression. He was angry.

His two companions, seeing the situation, decided to not make a move.

"Do it quickly, it is dangerous here. We have to regroup back to our team."

Said a long black haired lady with a cold expression, she also had the features of youth on her face. A loose shawl was draped over her body, and a long sword was tightly clenched on her right hand, with blood dripping from it. She was taller than the short black haired guy.

It seems like she was the one who had stabbed and heavily injured one of the goblins.

The last person was a male beast folk with average features, he was wearing a combat oriented outfit suited for combat fighters, though he wasn't just a normal fighter but a combat tanker!

Combat tankers are a sub-profession of combat fighters. They mainly lean towards defensive attacks, unlike those traditional combat fighters who are more offensive in a battle.

This guy didn't make any sound till now, he just stood in his position from the beginning with a plain expression.

 

After hearing her words, the short guy snorted in disdain.

"Da' ya' think it will take much for me to kill these weak chickns? Just wait, and watch me kill 'em in a Ziffy." The short guy seemed uneducated as is evidenced by his way of phrasing his words.

 

4