Ch-12 Cold hearted
81 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing that the short black haired human was reaching closer, the two remaining goblins Bob and job fearfully moved back a bit. They worriedly stared at the heavily injured Pop lying down on his own pool of blood.

Realising that the situation wasn't looking too good for them, Job anxiously got in an attacking position.

"Oh! You want to attack? Come on then!" The short combat fighter smiled playfully, and went even more closer.

Suddenly!

Hmph!

His expression turned ferocious and he was almost about to attack with his fist!

 

"Stay down!" Shouted Job using her spirit control skill.

 

"Huh..what!"

The combat fighter suddenly realised that his body stopped for a moment, and he couldn't move!. Even though it was only for two seconds, and the person being attacked was quickly able to regain control, that small pause gave Bob a chance!. He raised his right hand, and forcefully tried using his Mana blast skill.

In those three days, when they were travelling Bob had already learned about his unique power through Ben.

"Haaaa!!" With his shout, a small and skinny blue coloured beam of light flew out through his main finger!. Due to the low amount of Mana, his Mana blast was very small in size and width.

Shewwww!

Pak! Khra!

His attack was very fast, fast enough to hit the person that was just able to regain control of his body. He was only able to notice a small beam of light reaching for his throat before a painful feeling spread from his neck, and he fell down with disbelief apparent on his face. Blood spurted out from his neck before he slowly lost his life.

!!!!

What!!!?

"Ahh!" The female adventurer actually wanted to save her teammate as she had noticed that one of the goblins was acting strange. He was shouting so loud that she even felt that he was going to do some very powerful attack but how could it be possible? He was just a weak goblin!.

Though feeling strange, she still moved forward to block any incoming attack after noticing that her teammate looked stiff for a moment there, buuut she was a bit late as the laser-like beam quickly hit the combat fighter, and took his life!.

 

After using their powers the two goblins exhaustedly sat down, they had squeezed out their Mana to use their unique skills but there were still two more adventurers left.

"If our Boss finds out about this he will kill you two!." Shouted Job.

Being in a pitiful situation, She became angry and started shouting to either threaten or vent out her anger. It seems like she was doing both.

Hearing her shouts, Bob simply laid down. He was calmly waiting for whatever was going to happen next.

'Either we die or Boss comes back and kills these two. We can only wait for now.'

...

 

The two adventurers felt sad, they were just mourning for their member, when a goblin started shouting out of nowhere.

Even though they didn't understand a single bit of what the goblin was shouting about, They were still able to come back to their senses.

"Rain, it is not the time to mourn, we have to kill them to avenge Rog!"

The long black haired lady named 'Rain' stood up. She nodded indicating that she understood his words.

"These goblins have some powerful abilities, they seem to be mutated. We have to be careful." 

After reminding her comrade, She drew her sword again to kill!

Ral, the combat defender was about to move forward. He wanted to defend his comrade 'Rain' from any of those weird attacks used by these goblins, but before he could move, a Shadow suddenly shot forward from behind!.

The shadow was too fast!. It quickly collided against Rain!. She couldn't even react before spitting out blood from her mouth!. Her body shot up like a cannon ball before hitting a large tree ahead.

Dham!

With her crash, a loud sound of someone colliding with a tree was generated.

After hitting the tree, her body limply fell down.

Seeing the scene play out before his eyes, Ral couldn't believe his senses….

"This...wha.." Words alone can't describe how he was feeling right now. Just yesterday they were joking, partying with each other, but today both of his friends died at the hands of some insignificant creatures….no way, there is no way!. He won't let this happen….he will avenge both his comrades!

With a wave of grief came over the anger….the anger took over his mind, and he started running towards Ben while roaring madly!.

….

 

Yes, the beast that sneak attacked, and killed Rain was Ben. Seeing Pop lie down in a pool of blood, and Bob and job confronting three strangers made him instantly realise what was happening.

After realising that these three humans were attacking his subordinates, the first thought that came to his mind was to rescue them….However, he stopped himself from making a move.

He wanted to know whether those three humans were powerful, if they turned out to be much more than he could handle, then Ben would make his escape and leave behind his subordinates. Only after checking their urja and power levels from the system did he make up his mind to help them. The three humans weren't too strong so Ben felt that he had a chance.

Urja: 30. Urja: 40. Urja: 30

Power level: 50 Power level: 40 Power level: 50

The left and right side were the information of Rog and Ral, the middle one was the information of Rain. 

These three were the newly joined Bronze ranked adventurers in the Maroon city of the Roswald Kingdom.

Although these three were strong, the team wasn't able to accumulate much experience as adventurers, this reason along with them underestimating others led to one of them dying at the hands of two weak goblins with unique powers.

 

Now, coming back to the situation at hand.

Ral was madly running towards Ben to kill him, but Ben didn't give him a chance to do anything. He simply spat a flamethrower to his face!.

Ral didn't expect that!. He only thought that the beast had great physical capabilities but wasn't actually a magical beast as he could not sense any Mana from its body.

 

Although the flamethrower was working, Ral didn't feel hurt due to the adrenaline rush, and anger that was clouding his senses.

With deep blood filled red eyes, and a ferocious expression, Ral ran forward, almost reaching Ben!. His body was also slowly transforming into charcoal!.

 

Seeing him reach closer and closer to him with a sinister expression, Ben felt a bit irritated.

"You want to approach me? Come on approach me then!."

After saying this, he asked the system to use urja, and increase his physical capabilities temporarily.

Swift!

He moved ahead like a wind, and tackled Ral with full force!. After getting tackled, Ral spat out blood. His body also flew out like a cannonball before hitting a tree behind some of the bushes.

Ben didn't just stop there, he quickly went up to where Ral fell, and even bit out a piece of bloody meat from Ral's throat!.

Puk! 

 

"Finally dead huh."

He spat out the bloody meat before mocking Ral cold heartedly.

After killing Ral, he went back to check on Rain. He saw that her body was missing!. She had run away!.

"No!, this can't happen!. If I let her escape then I may fall in danger later on!. I have to kill her!."

He didn't want humans or any other intelligent species to know about his existence yet. You could say that he was being overly cautious, but he still felt that remaining unknown would be much better for his current situation. He was still very weak.

 

Ben speculated that the woman shouldn't have gone far away. After all, she was still heavily injured by his previous attack.

 

"Bob, Job! Quickly! Go find that human girl from before through these blood trials left behind be her. You should know what to do next."

"Yes boss" Bob quickly stood after recovering from the Mana loss, and began following the blood trails. Job also stood up with an excited expression. It seems like she wanted some revenge, and was delighted to be given this opportunity.

They were almost losing all hope before but as expected of Boss. He came back and quickly solved everything. Now that they were in a better position, Job wanted to mock those three adventurers, but out of the three, only one was alive.

'I won't let you off so easily just wait...' Thought Job inside her head, with a sinister expression on her face, which was also mixed with anger.

 

After Both of them left, Ben went to check up on the heavily injured Pop.

He was lying down without any movements, Ben went a bit closer, and turned his body.

 

Alas! Pop had died, he had stopped breathing a long time ago….after all, that woman had stabbed his heart with her sword. Pop couldn't have survived for so long.

"Huuuu sigh….he died huh….I still don't feel anything....even after killing those two humans I am not feeling any burden, it feels like I have only killed some small insects….is this also the effect of the system?"

Ding!

[ System is helping the owner to remain in control of his emotions, and think rationally most of the time. This is to help the owner.]

"I know this but...i..i just feel empty for some reason. Sigh...guess I have to get used to this feeling. Anyway, can you tell me whether 'Pop' can be revived in the future?."

Ding!

[ Can't be determined….maybe there are abilities or skills that could revive the dead, but the owner would have to figure it out himself. System Won't help anyone other than the owner.]

 

After hearing and reading this cold message from the system, Ben felt a bit unfortunate for Pop but he wasn't that affected.

He met Pop just a while ago. They didn't develop any deep relationship with each other. He doesn't feel like he should waste so much of his time searching for ways to revive someone he didn't even know properly.

For now, he couldn't do anything other than praying for Pop's afterlife safety. You could say that he was being cruel here, or maybe rational?.

"Enough about this, I should start absorbing all the urja pouring out from these dead bodies now."

….

After a while, Bob and job came back. They had brought back an unrecognisable body.

If concentrated carefully, then maybe you could make out that the body was of a Woman.

'This woman must have suffered quite a bit at the hands of these two.' thought Ben.

He felt that his subordinates were a bit cruel. He had to be a bit more careful around them, It's not like they could harm him though.

With his system's help, he could kill them easily at any time. The system also told him that if they ever tried to attack him using their system given powers then the attacks would become useless. This assured him a bit about taking in subordinates in the future.

'I should also create a wider range of abilities, and skills to ensure my safety against more powerful opponents.'

Job's spirit control skill had given him an idea about what kind of power he wanted. He just needed to finalise some of his ideas regarding this new ability or skill before he could try creating it.

 

6