Ch-24 What should I choose?
49 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You mean to say that you can deduce completely different evolutionary pathways for both of them?"

Ben was confused about the system finding or deducing different evolutionary pathways.

'Does that mean that the system can create new racial pathways? Isn't that a bit too powerful?'

 

Ding!

[Yes, the system is powerful, and it can do these things.]

 

"..."

'How will you find new evolutionary pathways?'

 

Ding!

[System can closely examine their bodies and check their attributes. After checking it, the system will start researching for completely new evolutionary pathways, which their bodies can go through. The research will be done with the help of much information present inside the system database.]

"What specific type of information does your database have?"

 

Ding!

[A part of the knowledge present inside my database is that of the many species present in the universe. There are many indescribable, unexplainable species present out there. There are also many goblin species present in the different parts of the universe. They may share some similarities to the goblins of this world. The system can use the knowledge from those different species to deduce safe evolutionary paths for both Bob and job.]

 

"Hm...okay, do it then."

Ding!

[Beginning to carefully examine both Bob and Job…..processing….done!]

[Deducing suitable evolutionary paths…… (Time duration: 1 hour)]

 

Seeing that the system was already at work, Ben didn't disturb it anymore.

'This system may have a lot of useful information about the universe...this information might not be that useful to my present self, but it will be in the future when I have grown powerful and start travelling towards outer space.'

After thinking of this, Ben turned his head to stare at Bob and Job.

 

Honestly, after being with these two for a while, Ben had noticed that although the goblins from this world and his previous world shared similarities to a large extent, they weren't hundred percent the same.

 

He was thinking about the average goblins that were short, ugly, green bodied, big nosed and had long-pointed ears. The goblins of this world had small noses akin to humans and weren't so ugly as described on Earth.

Don't misunderstand, they were still considered ugly by human standards, though you would find them decent enough.

 

After checking out their looks for sometime, Ben thought of his new target.

 

'Should I bring my force and attack that orc tribe?...No, I should wait. Their leader could currently be stronger than me.'

Ben singled out the Guro tribe before thinking of attacking another tribe.

'Hm...let's go for weaker tribes...alright! It is decided! I will attack an orc tribe but it would be weaker than that Guro tribe...I have time, I should wait until Bob and Job evolve into their future forms.'

With that, he sat down and began forming his new skill. He had been wanting to create this skill for a long time now.

….

 

In an area filled with dead plants. Smelly remains of creatures, bones etc were spread all over the place. No creature dared to come close here. 

A few metres ahead inside this dirty place, there was a stronghold made up of wood and mud. An entrance was erected at the front area of this stronghold.

A few creatures with ugly features according to human standards could be seen standing as guards in front of the entrance.

The entrance was made out of wood; two horn-sized bones were erected atop the two sides of the entrance.

Those creatures had the height of an average male human, two small bead sized eyes, one big fat, round stomach with two fat but strong hands and legs.

A mixture of two colours like Pink and Brown were draped over their skin. (It means their skin colour is a mixture of Pink and Brown.)

These creatures were wearing standard human clothes to cover their bodies and also some standard light Armours of adventurers were worn by them.

 

If Ben was here and saw these creatures, then he would instantly realise that these creatures looked very similar to Pigs.

Yes, they were humanoid pigs….the legendary Orcs described in many stories and fictions on earth!

This stronghold turned out to be a base of a tribe of orcs! And it wasn't just an ordinary one, but the Guro tribe! The strongest Orc tribe of this whole forest!

 

Inside this stronghold, a few savage looking orcs with saliva dripping out of their mouths were having a secret meeting.

In a long table, five orcs wearing normal, light clothes with serious expressions were calmly discussing something.

Four orcs were sitting side by side on the left and right, while the last orc with the largest body among the five was sitting ahead, facing the four orcs.

The four orcs were staring straight at their leader with respect and fear in their eyes.

 

"What do you think about the situation with the 'Goblin queen' tribe?"

The moment this question escaped from the mouth of the leading orc 'Guro', the other four orcs became silent.

After a few seconds, one of the orcs sitting in the left-side corner of the long table, raised his voice albeit with some hesitation.

"The Goblin queen tribe is powerful...we alone can't crush that tribe due to 'her' presence...so I think maybe we should join hands with the Frost snake tribe and together...kill her."

 

Bam!

 

Hearing his words, an orc sitting on the right side of the table, turned angry and fiercely slapped the table, thus creating a loud sound.

After doing this, the orc fiercely stared at the orc and refuted his words with anger apparent in his tone.

 

"Do you think those snakes are trustworthy!? Can you guarantee that they won't betray us in the end!? Huh!? Don't forget that our tribe is enemies with the Frost snake tribe!."

 

The orc that first said about joining hands with the Frost snake tribe frowned hard, he was angry but stayed silent.

 

"Our tribe isn't enemies with the Frost snake tribe. It is you that has a score to settle with them. Don't drag the tribe with you for your petty revenge."

 

The other orc sitting on the left side of the table replied calmly to the orc that was shouting loudly about being enemies with the Frost wolf tribe.

 

"What!?"

Hearing his cold words, the angry orc shut up and fiercely stared at the orc that just lectured him.

"What you said is true, but guardian 'ang' is a member of our Guro tribe, we have to protect our own members right? If someone is his enemy then that someone is also the enemy of our Guro tribe. Don't forget that guardian 'Cal'."

 

Seeing that the situation was turning in favour of the two orcs sitting on the left side, the last orc sitting on the right side of the table, opened her mouth to support Ang's idea of not joining hands with the Frost snake tribe.

 

From their sitting position, it was clear that these four orcs were divided into two factions. One faction wanted the Guro tribe to join hands with the Frost snake tribe, while the other faction didn't want that to happen.

 

The leader of the orcs 'Guro' had noticed long ago that his tribe was divided into two factions, and only he was the one that didn't side with anyone.

He didn't have to join any side, with his strength he was easily able to dominate the two factions alone.

As for the situation just now, he just ignored it as if nothing had happened.

 

"Alright, I have decided to join hands with the Frost snake tribe, and together we will kill that Goblin queen."

 

 Hearing his words, the two orcs sitting on the left side of the table smiled to show their approval and appreciation.

The last two orcs sitting on the right side turned solemn.

"But leader..."

 

"I know what you want to say guardian 'Sly', but we can't just ignore that Goblin queen tribe. Their leader is very ambitious. We cannot let them grow anymore."

 

Guro raised his hand to put a stop to whatever nonsense Guardian Sly was about to spout.

"My decision is final, I won't change my mind now."

 

Seeing this, Guardian Sly could only stay silent and sigh helplessly.

 

….

 

At another place, where Ben was waiting for his system to deduce the evolutionary pathways for both Bob and Job.

 

Ding!

[Deduction completed….showing the pathways to the owner.]

 

#[ Bob: Current evolutionary pathways.]

[ 1. Hobgoblin( Male form) : Significant increase in physical strength, has a taller, slim body with fine proportions.]

[ 2. ???: Similar to a hobgoblin but has mana absorption capability. ]

[ 3. ???: Muscular form of a Hobgoblin, has mana absorption ability. More physical strength.]

 

#[ Job: Current evolutionary pathways]

[ 1. Hobgoblin( feminine form) : Significant increase in physical strength, has a taller, slim body with fine proportions.]

[ 2. ???: Similar to a hobgoblin but has mana absorption capability. ]

[ 3. ???: Volupscious, hot form of a Hobgoblin. Has mana absorption ability, is more agile and flexible (Hot according to human standards.)]

 

Before the system screen, Ben was carefully reading and seeing the many evolutionary information given by the system.

Seeing all the information, some shock passed through his face.

Below the information, Ben could even see realistic pictures of what Bob and Job would look like after evolving into any one of these options given by the system.

 

'Now...this is troublesome. What should I choose? Maybe I should ask Bob and Job for their opinion…damn why are there only a few options though?'

 

Ding!

[It would take more time to find more options. Currently these options are the safest evolutionary paths for Bob and Job.]

 

"Ok, so...out of a hundred percent, how much can you guarantee that they would evolve successfully?"

 

Ding!

[ Any one of these options has a 100 percent guarantee.]

 

 

 

 

 

  • [Author's thoughts: I have an exam from Tuesday next week. I will be very busy and my story may not have frequent updates. Please understand. ( '-' )]

 

3