Ch-25 Jasper forest in danger of being invaded.
49 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hm….let's go with the last options for both of them."

Ben didn't waste much time while choosing the future pathways for his two goblin subordinates.

He wanted strong subordinates, it would be a bonus if they could be a bit good looking as well.

Anyway, since he had already decided, it was time for both Bob and Job to evolve.

 

'System, proceed with the last two evolutionary pathways for both of them.'

 

Ding!

[Acknowledged…..Proceeding with the evolution….Will take time…..]

[Estimated time: 10 minutes]

 

With the acknowledgement from the system, Ben saw Bob and Job suddenly collapsing with difficult expressions. They seemed to be in pain.

 

Time passed slowly, in the blink of an eye five minutes had passed.

Bob and Job had eased up expressions, they seemed to be sleeping peacefully.

 

Ben felt bored, so he asked for Elkrad and Bolzark to look after them before leaving to give some encouraging speech to his less valuable subordinates.

….

 

In Maroon city, Roswald Kingdom.

 

On a wide road, pedestrians walked around wearing normal, light grey clothes that covered their bodies like a shawl.

Many wooden shops, stalls were open, some owners were shouting loudly to get attention, while some lazily sat down on their uniquely shaped chairs to relax.

The chair was made up of some type of wood, and some thin leather like threads were tightly fitted where we could relax our back.

The chair was shaped uniquely, it was like a word or an alphabet. This world's language was different so their words would naturally be different from Earth's. With Ben's system translation, this word or an alphabet would be translated as 'M' from Earth's English language.

 

If you go even more deeper into the city, then you will find a large building erected in the middle of a few shops. This big building was the Adventurer guild of this city.

Beside the guild, a few shops that sold medicines, weapons and Armours were selling their specialised items crazily.

 

Today, a crowd had gathered inside the doors of this adventurer guild. A man with a large build together with a pretty faced woman and an old man were standing opposite to these groups of people. These people were composed of many low ranked adventurers.

The man with the large build was the master of this guild. Although he was just wearing normal commoner clothes, all the various adventurers could clearly see some big, tight muscles through the clearing of his clothes. 

The Guild master of this city's adventurer guild was a combat fighter and he definitely wasn't some random newbie fighter but a powerful combat fighter with a bald head.

 

The pretty faced woman standing on the left side had long-shiny black hair, and a slim, fit body. She was wearing a tight combat oriented dress, which was black in colour.

She was also a combat fighter and was a student of the guild master.

 

Finally, the old man wearing a loose white-coloured shawl draped over his whole body including his head was observing everyone silently like an Owl.

He had a long silver coloured stick on his right hand, the stick had a ruby like item attached on top of it.

This item would once or twice release a bit of chilly energy and slowly absorb mana from its surroundings.

The old man was also emitting some cold, chilly frost aura from his body. People didn't like being near him because the atmosphere would become frosty for people standing near this old man.

 

The large gathering of adventurers standing opposite to these three dangerous people were not actually gathered there to fight a death battle with them, on the contrary, they were present there because of an emergency summon from the guild master.

 

After waiting for five minutes, the guild master coughed and started speaking.

"Ahem...a few days ago some adventurers found the bodies of three bronze ranked adventurers."

Hearing this part, some adventurers weren't very interested. Suddenly dying someday is a part of an adventurer's life, unless you were very powerful or skilled, otherwise it is very hard to not die as an adventurer.

Although some were uninterested, most of the adventurers felt some excitement and even fear.

'Is it.…'

 

"I can see that most of you are excited, what I wanted to tell you all was that we found that those three bronze ranked adventurers were killed by a strong beast living in the Jasper forest."

After saying this, the guild master inspected the expressions on everyone's face. He noticed that these adventurers were still confused, so he further added.

"Those three adventurers that were killed were named Ral, Rain and Rog...the three newly joined bronze ranked adventurers."

"What!?"

"They were killed!?"

"How!? They had powerful abilities!"

 

A wave of unexpected surprise appeared on most adventurer's faces, they knew who Ral, Rain and Rog were. These three newbies who were very talented and had the potential to become a silver Ranked adventurer team had unexpectedly died in a relatively safe forest?

 

Seeing the clamouring from everyone, The guild master spoke again.

"I know you all are surprised, I was too but although Ral, Rog and Rain were talented, at the end of the day they were still weak, not experienced enough. It was very likely that they were killed by a powerful beast, powerful enough to kill them swiftly without any resistance."

 

After he finsihed speaking, the pretty faced woman standing beside him moved forward and opened her mouth.

Her two thin red lips slightly parted, and a sweet but mature sounding voice was heard by everyone gathered there.

"The City lord has requested for our guild to hunt a large number of creatures with frost attributes. In return, we will be rewarded with an appropriate amount of money and some other resources that the guild needs."

 

Hearing the mention of money from her mouth, the eyes of every adventurer present there lit up. They even forgot about the death of Rog, Ral and Rain altogether.

 

"Do note that what the City lord needs isn't the bodies of those creatures, but the frost cores inside of them. The City lord had asked for at least thousands of frost cores, which should atleast be of decent qualities. Join us in this expedition and after the completion of this mission, the guild will reward everyone who can bring back frost cores."

 

Hearing this, many adventurers were intrigued. Most of them took up the opportunity and asked for the mission details.

This time, the Guild master answered for the pretty faced Woman.

"Some people have also asked for detailed information of this Jasper forest so our adventure team will not only hunt frost beast creatures, but also travel deep inside and note down all the important information that we could find. There will be rewards for information as well."

 

"Sounds nice, my team would like to join in this expedition."

"Mine too"

+1

+2

 

While these adventurers were filling up the form to join in this expedition, three adventurers stood solemnly in a corner.

Three Bronze medals were attached to their chest. Among the three humans, two were females and one was a male. 

These three were Gracia, Elena and Raul. The three had just reached the Maroon city and were greeted by this sight.

Elena worriedly looked at her two companions, and noticed the solemn expression on their faces.

….

 

Ding!

[Evolution completed….Bob and Job had evolved successfully.]

After getting this notification, Ben, who was thinking about his new ability, stood up and hurriedly moved towards Bob and Job.

After reaching closer, Ben saw two adult human sized goblins sitting together with confused expressions on their faces.

Seeing this drastic change, Ben began inspecting their new changes.

'Hm….their faces had become pleasant looking, especially Job...her body really became vulptic, and she is naked too….'

Bob and Job both were sitting on the ground, without any clothes covering their body parts.

 

"Congratulations, you two have successfully evolved and become more powerful than before."

 

"Huh"

"Ah.."

 

The two goblins could not react for a while, they were still in a daze from their sudden physical change.

Bob got out of his daze and quickly bowed down, bending his whole body. Job was a bit slower than him but she also followed Bob's example and bowed down.

 

"We are thankful to our lord!"

 

"Alright, I think you two should first familiarise yourself with your new changes. We will attack more tribes afterwards….um for now put on some clothes first."

These two were looking like human models right now, even Bolzark was surprised. He was still an ugly goblin while Bob and Job had become so beautiful?

 

In this world, due to various species living together most of them could acknowledge and understand each other's beauty standards. Beautiful, good looking humans were considered good-looking or beautiful even by different species like orcs, goblins etc etc.

 

Bob had become a muscular hobgoblin, not necessarily buff looking but he still had big enough muscles to look intimidating. He looked like a grown up muscular Goku from Dr**on ball.

With the abilities of the system, he and Job both had even grown black coloured hair on their heads.

 

3