Ch-27 Ben’s plan
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although Ben had agreed to be a part of the Goblin queen extermination plan, that wasn't necessarily his intention. He only wanted more chaos to occur so that he could absorb more urja.

'Lets see...when all the strongest tribe leaders are gathered together in one place, I will kill all of them and take control of this southern area. After this, I will let my subordinates venture to more places outside of this area, so that I can quickly finish my mission before the time limit.

 

….

 

Ben kept following the three tribe leaders and walked for a few miles. In between the journey, he would be subjected to some secret glances from the three large creatures.

'Seems like they are a bit cautious of me...heh, it doesn't matter anyway.' Ben sneered internally, and kept walking at his usual pace.

 

After a few hours of walking, their environment experienced a sudden change, at first they were still travelling in the lush green forest, but as time went by the surroundings changed into a dirty area, filled with mud and dirty smell all over the place.

Piled up dead bodies of some random creatures could also be found here from time to time.

 

Ben was a bit uncomfortable but he kept walking, fortunately they had reached the Guro tribe earlier than expected. 

After reaching close enough to his tribal area, Guro smiled.

He had finally reached his home ground, now he didn't have to be so cautious anymore.

They could freely talk and laugh loudly, there wasn't any fear of being heard by any spies in the forest.

"This is my home, everyone come inside and rest for a while. We will continue our conversation tonight after filling our stomachs."

Passing through the gates of the savage looking base, they saw dozens of Orcs inside preparing themselves for the upcoming war against the Goblin queen tribe.

 

Ben was a bit taken aback at such a serious atmosphere.

'These guys take it so seriously...no, I am the one that isn't serious at all, why do I feel like this situation is a joke?....It must be because of the system! My personality and mindset are changing!'

 

"Hey! you two! Show our guests their rooms and tell our chefs to cook the most delicious meat they can cook for tonight."

"Ok lord!"

"Yes lord!"

 

Orcs were a bunch of savages, etiquette and politeness didn't exist in their dictionary. Their reply to their lord 'Guro' was also very straightforward, without any politeness in their tone.

 

'Hm..Guro doesn't seem to mind it so why should I?'

Although Ben didn't think that it was a problem, for the other two tribe leaders the frost snake and the berserk Jackal who were used to getting polite treatments from others, the orc's harsh tone made them slightly angry but they didn't express themselves and simply followed behind the two orcs to find their rooms.

 

Ben was directed to his own room, which was made of mud and wood. He opened the door of his room and slowly walked in.

After entering, he first locked the door of his room by placing a wooden log between the two sides of his door to prevent anyone from being able to push open the door from the outside.

 

"System, show me my information."

 

Ding!

 

Universal beast system

Owner: Ben clarckson

Ability: Flame thrower (+)

Skill: Basic physical skills

System ability: Absorb Urja, Language translator

Urja level:500=550

Power level:1000=1100

Create abilities/skills

Subordination limit: 4

System mission: Conquer the Jasper forest.

Time limit: Two months(2 and a half weeks passed)

Reward : A useful ability

Creation function:

Created Abilities: Flame thrower, Mana corrosion

Created Skills: Unnamed

Subordinates: Bob(Mana blast) Job( Spirit control) Elkrad(Double hit)

..

..

 

In the blink of an eye almost three weeks had passed since he got the mission from the system to conquer this Jasper forest.

Till now, he hadn't even conquered one area yet.

'Well completing this mission isn't exactly a must for me, I can choose to ignore it but I am curious about the reward that I could get from it.'

 

"A unique ability...hm, let's see whether I can complete this mission before the time limit."

He also noticed that his Urja and power level both experienced an increase in their quantity.

 

Night arrived,

 

Currently, a big feast was being conducted inside the Guro tribe, Ben and the other two leaders sat at the left and right sides of a long wooden table, while Guro was sitting at the front looking at everyone with a smile.

"I hope you all do enjoy tonight's feast conducted by my tribe."

 

After his words left his mouth, a few Orcs appeared with some large plant leaves with various meats and fruits and placed them on the table before the four lords.

Guro picked up a hand made cup made of sand, poured some kind of blue liquid inside and toasted to the three creatures.

The blue liquid was a sweet drink usually found in some special blue coloured flowers different from Jasper flowers. These flowers would from time to time form these sweet blue liquids to attract some specific insects to itself before achieving pollination.

"A toast to our friendship, I hope we will be able to disappear the Goblin queen tribe from the face of this forest."

Following his lead, Ben, the large snake who was laying down lazily and the Berserk jackal picked up their respective handmade cups that were provided to them and poured the blue liquid from some jade like wooden bottles before drinking together with Guro.

"A toast indeed!"

"I hope too!"

"Don't worry, we will eventually destroy the Goblin queen tribe. That tribe will get crushed under our presence."

 

The last line was said by Ben, he was just going along with the flow but his words did assure the three tribe leaders in their choice of choosing Ben as their partner.

They believed that Ben would not betray them if benefits were involved.

 

With this, the four creatures kept eating to their heart's content before resting their bodies for a bit in the moonlight.

The berserk Jackal named 'Bor' turned his head. "I think it is time to discuss our plans regarding the Goblin queen tribe's extermination war."

Guro nodded "Yes, let's not delay this anymore."

After saying this, he turned back and signalled for the three including Ben to follow behind him.

 

They reached Guro's private room and went inside without making any noises.

 

….

 

The next morning,

 

A slight wind passed through, which managed to reach Ben and waved his slightly darker mane in the wind like it was dancing.

He was currently lazing around as it was the daytime, which was the time when most lions used to rest and conserve their energy for their night hunt.

'Last night, those three kept wasting their time on making various shady plans and deals regarding the upcoming war against the Goblin queen tribe.

"Honestly...that was boring as hell." Ben sighed.

 

The three creatures kept making stupid plans, Ben wasn't even interested in any of their plans or deals. He was planning to kill everyone together in one place anyway, so what was the point for him to discuss benefits with those three?

 

"In two days, my subordinates will be on their way to attack that Goblin queen tribe...this tribe...I wonder why the three strongest tribes of this area are together trying to eliminate a single one? Is this tribe of goblins so powerful?"

Ben was confused regarding this matter, yesterday night he had been too bored to ask this question so he decided to clear his confusion now.

 

"Oh! You're here?"

Suddenly, Ben heard a familiar voice from behind, it seemed like the voice was referring to him so he turned around.

He saw the leader of the one of the strongest tribe in this area standing before him. It was Bor the large Berserk Jackal.

"You seem to be in a daze, is there any problem?" Asked the jackal as he noticed Ben's expression being slightly out of place.

 

Hearing Bor's words, Ben smiled and greeted him.

"Yes, I am just slightly curious about this Goblin queen tribe that you guys are going to fight against. I am just wondering how a single tribe is able to unite the three of you together."

There was an inquisitive tone to his voice, he wanted to know the reason from this Bor.

 

For a moment, the Jackal didn't say anything. Seeing Ben's curious expression Bor sighed.

"First of all, put 'we' in your words, you are going to fight as well, not just us. As for your question...in a way you're right, all of us are afraid of that Goblin queen tribe, not because of its overall strength but for something else."

 

"Hm? What is that 'Something else'? I wonder." Ben asked again, he was really curious now, if something was really wrong with that tribe then Ben would not be able to guarantee his success in his own mission.

 

Seeing his curiosity, Bor chuckled.

"Woah, You're curious? That's rare, Alright then let me tell you why. For the past few months, we have noticed that the goblin queen tribe was acting weird like not fighting anymore with other tribes for territories or resources. They had even stopped causing trouble for us. At first, we were happy but as time went by we became more cautious. Just this previous month, we had discovered tracks of some large creatures coming from the outside areas. We have determined those creatures to be Ogres from the East."

 

 

 

 

 

0