Ch-22 Sneaky eyes
55 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He could only curse his bad luck for getting caught by Ben.

Since the deed had already been done, there is no time for regrets. The frost wolf could only plan for his future.

 

After using mana corrosion on the survivor orc, Ben started absorbing all the raw urja pouring out from the dead bodies.

 

Shiiiiip!

 

With Ben at the centre, a large amount of urja started flowing towards him from all sides.

All these urja got absorbed inside Ben's body.

 

'My strength is increasing again! That too in such a short period of time!'

He was ecstatic. Being able to grow stronger so easily and quickly was something that Ben really enjoyed.

After absorbing the last bit of urja from the surroundings, Ben checked his system interface.

 

Universal beast system

Owner: Ben clarckson

Ability: Flame thrower upgraded version 1 (+)

Skill: Basic physical skills

System ability: Absorb Urja, Language translator

Urja level: 300= 500

Power level: 600= 1000

Create abilities/skills

Subordination limit: 4

System mission: Conquer the Jasper forest.

Time limit: Two months

Reward : A useful ability

Creation function:

Created Abilities: Flame thrower, Mana corrosion

Created Skills: Nil

Subordinates: Bob(Mana blast) Job( Spirit control) Elkrad(Double hit)

..

..

 

His Urja level had increased from 300 to 500, and his power level reached the 1000 mark!

His subordinate limit also increased by one.

Now, he could let the system acknowledge Bolzark as his subordinate.

 

'Power level of 1000….I don't know how strong I have become now...maybe I can take on three Bolzark(Rage mode) at the same time?'

Ben was curious, but he held himself from going crazy and started thinking of something else.

 

'After this battle, I have recruited around 50 frost wolves and two leader level creatures.'

He stared at his surroundings and started counting his subordinates carefully.

 

'Hm...25 goblins, 17 berserk Jackals, 50 frost wolves and Four leader type creatures...previously I had around 50 to 60 numbers of creatures, and now it has reached closer to 100 creatures. I can attack even more tribes now!'

 

After counting his gains, Ben sat down casually. His head started forming plans for his future direction.

'In the past, my mindset was too conservative. My personality is changing with the increase in my strength. Conquering different places, absorbing urja and getting stronger through it.

All these things are very enjoyable. Now that I think about it, maybe conquering the world does not sound like a bad idea at all….'

His thoughts were getting a bit dark.

'Dominating others through one's own strength feels quite good. At least I can't forget the joy of being overbearing towards others, while they can't do anything to me.'

He doesn't want to go back to being the weak human that he was previously.

 

Ben was planning for his future paths, but his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by his subordinates.

"You two were so powerful? I never realised that at all."

A goblin was complimenting both Job and Bob. Hearing his words, which was loud enough to be heard by most, a group of goblins started gathering around the boy. They showered the two goblins Bob and Job with compliments.

This commotion attracted the attention of others. Everyone could more or less understand why Bob and Job were being surrounded by so many creatures.

 

"Weooh!(The goblin is waking up!)"

A jackal howled to warn others of Bolzark's awakening. His previously giant body had already shrunk down to his original size.

Hearing his howl, everyone became alert, they carefully stared at Bolzark, preparing for any sudden movements.

 

"Huh? Where am I?" After waking up, Bolzark looked at his surroundings and noticed that everyone was silently staring at him.

'Damn..' he shivered.

Some confusion apparent on his face. Bolzark could not remember anything from before when he had become so angry that he lost his consciousness.

'What happened? Have I done something to them?'

 

Bolzark wanted to ask about the current situation from others but he saw Ben walking towards him from ahead.

'This mad beast is here too!?'

 

"Oh..My lord! Nice to see you again!."

He wanted to stand up but realised that his body was filled with injuries and was forced to sit down.

 

"It is okay, sit down and relax your body." Said Ben before reaching close enough, and putting his right paw on top of Bolzark's head.

'System, choose him as my fourth acknowledged subordinate.'

 

Ding!

[ Bolzark….is afraid of owner, doesn't want to become his subordinate….owner has weaken his will so it will take some time to acknowledge him….]

Seeing the message, Ben didn't get impatient and waited for the system to finish his work.

 

Six minutes later….

 

Ding!

[ Acknowledged! Bolzark is now Owner's subordinate and will be given an ability or skill.]

 

"Ahhh!"

At first, Bolzark felt confused about Ben's actions. Only after the system finished its work did Bolzark feel the after effects of the forceful modification done by the system.

He squatted down while holding his head with both of his hands.

 

Ben didnt say anything and simply walked away.

'System, would he die with this much pain?'

 

Ding!

[ No, the system had calculated that Bolzark would not die with his current weak will. If he had a strong will and mindset, then this forceful conversion would have killed him for sure.]

 

Reading the system message, Ben realised why it was better to acknowledge willing people to become his subordinates. Strong minded people with strong will that aren't willing to be his subordinates can't be forcefully acknowledged, otherwise they could die directly.

 

After confirming that bolzark was safe, Ben heaved a sigh of relief.

'I don't want to lose a powerful subordinate so early.'

 

other creatures who were seeing this scene didn't know what Ben had done to Bolzark.

The powerful hobgoblin from before now seemed like he was filled with pain and the one who could do something like that was Ben! Their new leader!

….

 

'hm?'

While walking back towards his previous position, Ben sensed something.

He could sense a few creatures hiding somewhere. He didn't know where exactly but this didn't stop Ben's walking pace. He didn't show any emotions as well. Acting as if nothing had happened.

 

Far away from Ben, there were many trees with branches and leaves. Some juicy fruits could be seen hanging on them.

Radiance of the sun was hovering over the deep forest.

 

At the branch of a giant tree, a large inconspicuous looking snake could be seen staring coldly at Ben and the other creatures.The snake was large, reaching close to 9 metres in length.

This snake was present here from the time the battle between these goblins, Jackals and frost wolves started. It had seen everything!

 

After seeing all this, the snake silently retreated. She had seen something incredible today,

She had to go back and report everything she saw!

….

 

At the western part of the Jasper forest.

 

Three humans could be seen happily conversing with a group of Grey coloured wolves.

Yes, those three humans were Gracia, Raul and Elena, the three newbie adventurers that were captured by some goblins and used as their slaves long ago.

After being rescued by the grey wolves, they stayed with them for one week to recuperate.

Now that they had recovered, it was time to say goodbye.

 

Some wolf cubs were unwilling to let go of the three humans but the adult wolves scolded them.

"Awoo Aw Wa! (We will miss you!)

The cubs howled to say something but the three of humans didn't understand what they were saying.

"They are saying that they will miss you three."

Suddenly, a soft audible voice was heard by Gracia, Raul and Elena. The voice belonged to Maria. She was the grey wolf leader's wife.

After hearing her words, they understood and smiled towards the cubs. Elena even started crying.

 

"Aw...I will miss you all as well!"

Said Elena with tears and snots covering her face. Seeing this scene, Raul laughed like an idiot, while Gracia simply smiled.

These three had become much closer in these seven day. They could be considered to have become genuine friends now.

Raul and Gracia thought that Elena would become cold and distant after experiencing those horrifying things from the goblins.

But it seems like they had thought too much. In a span of just four days, she had forgotten about all the bad things, and reverted back to her previous self.

 

Coming back to the situation.

Gracia stared at Rak and Maria with a courteous smile.

"I hope we meet again, your tribe has helped us before, and now we owe you our lives. We will definitely repay your kindness."

Raul also chimed in.

"Yes, we owe your tribe our lives, we will definitely do something for your tribe. Not once have I felt any danger while living here, instead I felt like I had a family now. I now consider your tribe as my own family."

Hearing his bold words, not wanting to be outdone by her two friends, Elena also hurriedly said something.

"Me too! I also consider you as my family. I loved living here!.….um..can I come back here again?.."

 

Rak and Maria stared at each other and laughed at her shy expression.

"Haha of course! You three can come back here anytime. Just bring some of your delicious delicacies. I have long heard of your cities having delicious delicacies."

 

Hearing about the delicacies, Elena became excited, some shine appeared on her eyes.

"I will! There are many tasty foods back in our city. I will bring some for you Lady Maria."

 

"Really? That would be amazing!"

 

Cough cough ahem!

 

Rak coughed hardly to signify that they were getting out of topic, but Maria and Elena acted as if they had not heard his coughs. They kept conversing till everyone became visibly annoyed.

 

With this incident, they finally parted ways albeit with some difficulty because it seemed like Elena and Maria would never stop chatting. Gracia had to forcefully pull Elena with her, while Raul walked leisurely behind them, putting both of his hands on the back of his head.

 

 

3