01: I Heard a Rumor
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did you hear the rumor going around? I'm gonna kill whoever the bastard that wrote that headline on the newspaper!"

He chuckled and folded the newspaper as he elegantly fixed his long coat, "Rumors? I'm not updated with any sort of rumors… What was it about?" His silver hair slightly danced as they were in a windy spot in the tower.

His father raised one of his brows in suspicion, "Are you sure you don't know anything?"

He smirked and elegantly sipped on his tea, "Unlike you, I'm too occupied to be caught in some stupid rumors about you birthing twenty-eight children when in fact, you only have one." there was a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

His father, Lucraise Frabudeua is an Archmage. Born in a family where males can give birth at least once in their life. His other father, Ethan Frabudeua, was an alchemist and also the Clan leader of Deua.

Lucraise frowned and slammed the teacup on the table, almost giving him a heart attack. "By the way, I heard you're drinking again! And some of my people also saw you entering a freaking brothel! Can you at least think about your name for once?! You're a saint! How can a saint fuck everywhere?!"

Oh, he found out.

"Oh…"

"Oh?! What do you mean?! You're a saint for God's sake! And you've been seen messing around like a wild cat in heat! Is that what people call holy shit?" his father kept on lecturing him as he sipped on his teacup, enjoying his father's ear-deafening sermons.

He became a saint at seven, now at nineteen, can't he enjoy life for a little? And he's doing his duties as well…

Such as providing answers to prayers. Even though some of them don't make any sense. He took Vidore that was laying on the table and stood up.

Vidore is his most famous weapon, a whip that makes a person bleed, not to death- because if he ever had killing intent, the whip will make his victim's wounds never heal, but they won't die from it too. They will suffer great pain in their entire life. Unless he wants the wounds to heal, it is nearly impossible to treat a wound caused by Vidore.

It was a gift from his father, Ethan.

He glanced back to his father who hasn't stopped yet from lecturing him. Good thing that only a few mages and alchemists are wandering around at this hour, or else it would be embarrassing to make them witness such humiliating father and son bonding.

It's on the 29th of December. It's usually snowing at this time of the year but it looks like it's just the cold breeze that visited them. On the other hand, Shanle Clan- a city next to them; is currently experiencing a wild snowstorm.

"Hush now, father. Aren't you going to attend a banquet held by the Shanle's? You should go and prepare yourself, I heard attending it is a requirement." he unfolded his wooden black fan, and gently moved it up and down. Elegant, very elegant.

Lucraise squinted his eyes.

'Oh no...' he was so sure what his father is thinking at this moment, he stood up, smiled awkwardly, and dashed!

"Sion you foolish kid! Get back here! You're going to attend that banquet whether you like it or not!" his father's horrific voice echoed thru the corridors, coming from the balcony.

----------

"Pure as white jade, his long white hair slightly brushed through his shoulders as his although fades. He danced under the moonlight, his beauty is extremely blinding! No mortals can see his beauty through their naked eyes! As his beauty is only to the eyes of Gods..." he paused.

"His thin and frail body submitted itself as he-" he slammed-close the book.

He was traumatized.

"DID I JUST READ A SMUT FANFICTION ABOUT ME?!" It wasn't very detailed, the sex scenes were hidden in some unsuspicious words! This looks like a normal novel for some people, but as a man who's an expert in such a genre- it's smut! It's smut!

Who would write these kinds of stuff anyway? The only thing that's true in this novel is that no one has ever seen him before. Since he has a lot of duties as the Holy Saint of the magic tower, he rarely goes out. And if he does- he's putting a mask on; so people assumed that his face might turn people into stones.

'Who am I? Fucking Medusa...?'

He pulled a drawer and placed his fan inside. Besides his fan were a lot of letters from his worshippers, he should read this later to grant some of them. He stopped reading some of the letters for a while, he should go back to doing it.

He stood up and gracefully walked to his dressing room, he doesn't have many colored clothes since he lives in the Magic tower, he often wears white inner clothes, white pants, and a white robe. Hanged on the other rack, was his uniform that almost all magicians in the tower wear. It is commonly worn during meetings or on normal days at work.

He was surprised that Lucraise let him attend. Usually, his father acts as the representative of their house, and also- the magic tower. He rarely saw his other father too, Ethan Frabudeua.

He's usually busy sorting prayers and wishes or probably locking himself up in his lab, trying out different kinds of potions or sometimes he draws his talisman.

"Oh... I almost forgot that I can do magic- Haha!" he once read in a book that one can make clothes using their mana, but they can't just create any clothes- the clothes they create matches the magician's personality or inner desire.

'Personality, huh? I wonder what mine would turn out to be...'

He draws a magic circle in the center of his dressing room. It's not a very difficult spell, but it absorbed too much mana from the magician. He won't face any difficulties trying this spell since he has an impressive amount of mana in his body, this spell won't be hard for him.

He just has to state his name while his palms are pressed on the circle, then voila! Clothes!

Just kidding, he was just tripping. He would go to wash first before doing that. He stood up and went to the bathroom next to his dressing room.

----------

"Sion Claude Frabudeua," he stood in the middle of the magic circle, proceeding to do the spell while just wearing a thin bathroom robe. He felt various fabrics layering his skin, layer by layer. He thought the clothes would be hot to wear, but it was surprisingly comfortable,

He opened his eyes and was satisfied with the result. It was an all-white attire, from his inner clothes to his outer coat, and his tie was also in white. He opened one of his jewelry boxes and picked a red brooch. Imbedded on the brooch was a panter, which symbolizes their family crest. It was a dangling brooch with three rubies hanging in a thin chain.

He finished dressing up at 5 p.m, the banquet's opening is at 7 p.m so he decided to work on his unfinished task before preparing to leave. He also ordered one of his servants to buy him a half mask that would suit his attire, he usually wears masks whenever he goes out. It's not that he feels hideous, he just wants to be lowkey for now.

"My beauty is for the eyes of God only." he chuckled and continued his tasks.

THE sun was setting when he finished everything, he almost forgot about the banquet! He immediately looked at the clock and to his surprise, it was already 7:30 p.m!

He can't ride a carriage now, he would probably arrive when the banquet's finished. He ran downstairs and rushed outside.

His father was nowhere to be seen in their mansion, probably in the Magic tower, or has other errands to run. He formed a magic circle, teleportation is his only option now! He covered his shoulders with a white coat before performing the ritual.

'Wait- where exactly is the venue...?'

He forgot the invitation in his room...

He teleports from the front door to his room and searched for the invitation in the pile of letters. Which one is it?! It has a gold wax seal so it would be easier to distinguish but he can't find it in this pile of letters!

Finally, after 5 minutes of stress-finding, he found the letter. It was quite crumpled so he used magic to straighten it again. Have to be neat, he smiled.

He teleported to Shanle's front gate, he can hear the loud noises inside already, The banquet probably started by now, it was 8 o'clock. He's so late and this would probably be an issue again.

(Minus social credits from Sion)

He wore his mask that he almost forgot the bring with him while rushing to arrive here, and walked fast but graceful.

"Invitation?" a guard appeared as he arrive at the front door. He gave him his invitation and the guard immediately dropped his Jaw.

"You're His Grace the Duke of Deua, Lucraise-"

"No, his son." he cut him before he even finished his sentence.

The guard's jaw dropped, even more, he can step on it now.

"H-Holy Saint of the M-magic tower, Sion Frabudeua?!" he nodded with a straight face, he didn't know what to respond.

'I'm a Saint, not a God... Why have to be so surprised?'

Everyone inside has no idea that their most awaited guest that they thought wouldn't come is in front of the door next to them.

"From the Deua Clan! His Grace the Duke! Lucraise- oh!" the door opened widely for him, the MC gasped as they didn't expect him to attend instead of his father. Murmurs were everywhere, everyone was looking at him with great astonishment. His presence is greatly felt inside the hall. His almost whitish silver hair danced with the wind with his coat, his eyes glimmered at the sight of everyone.

"T-the Holy Saint of the Magic Tower, Sion Frabudeua!" no one knows what he exactly looks like, but everyone knows his features. Silver wolf-cut hair, amber eyes, pale skin due to lack of iron- because he rarely goes outside, tall, and especially, his great presence and elegance.

As he walked, everyone's gazes were fixed on him. He felt uncomfortable so he went upstairs where the V.I.P guests can seat. He saw the Clan Leader of Shanle, Duchess Cessia Shanle, he went to her to greet her as a sign of respect.

"Her Grace, Duchess of Shorei Pavillion and Clan leader of Shanle, may the Holy light lay upon us." he slightly bowed and faced her.

The Duchess wasn't that surprised to see him she looks like she expected him to attend.

Everyone was wearing colorful dresses and suits, surely he would stand out while wearing white. He probably outshined the host of this banquet, unintentionally. Or maybe not.

"I'm honored to greet the presence of the Holy Saint, I hope you enjoy the banquet," she then bowed her head slightly and told him that she would greet the other guests.

Sion immediately found a seat on a corner, it was near a balcony so he rushed to sit there.

He'll just sit there and pretend he doesn't exist, that's how he doesn't like social gatherings. It was windy beside him since he was sitting beside an open balcony.

The banquet was lively, but he didn't feel the life of the party. Even though a lot of these nobles stopped putting their attention on him, some of them are still staring up at him.

"Am I too beautiful?" he whispered to himself as he bit his fingernails unconsciously.

He heard something move behind him, and it spoke, "Sure you are, but it's not a good habit to bite your nails."

0