Chapter #18: The City of Tlos Pt2
92 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can see where this goes and Ambrosia has Charmed the poor guy already. A tooltip appears above him with the Charm Notification. I've been the victim of the Vampire Charm several times so far and I know that she can be irresistible. Seriously, I know I shouldn't be jealous, but I recall the feeling. When you are charmed you feel like you would do anything for that person. My understanding is Charm is pretty much a level down from Dominate.

Ambrosia rests her hand on her hip. "Find me at the Crazy Shrimp," she tells him and ruffles her hair as she winks at him. I see the guard staring down at her legs as he leans closer. The second guard starts to move closer. She casts her gaze toward him. "I'd be more than glad you join me."

Now I feel bad for the guys and I think about warning them, but if I'm honest with myself, she will be mad at me and I'll have to pay the price for the both of them.

The two guards gulp and nod at us, allowing us to get into the city. "You should be careful!" The first guard tells us. The older one smiles and waves as Ambrosia stops short.

If they knew who Ambrosia is, I doubt they would say something like that. One other thing that is strange about this world, is that only a few have Insight and certainly not the common folk. I am curious as to why the creators of the world had decided only the players and a few NPCs are welcome to have that privilege, but the more I think about it now, it makes perfect sense plot-wise. I would have to convince and explain to the two sentries why such a powerful, almost inhuman person such as Ambrosia, has such an enormous Threat Level. No matter your charisma, it would be hard to convince them.

"Is there something I should be aware of?" Ambrosia licks her lips from anticipation and advances a couple of steps toward her soon-to-be prey. The older soldier stops waving almost immediately as she approaches. I watch as he stretches out his chest and puts his hand on his hip trying his best to look strong and confident.

"An ancient evil has awoken and now our underground tunnels are infested with monsters and all kinds of nefarious creatures," the older guard begins to explain in one long breath. I can see him stroking his short grey beard as he searches for more to say, a desperate attempt to hold her attention.

Your Adventurer's Log has been updated! My NCI informs me and I'm sure there's some kind of Optional Quest coming ahead.

Ambrosia raises a single eyebrow. "Did this happen during the same time King Alastor was crowned?"

Both of the drooling guards nod like loyal pets.

Your Adventurer's Log has been updated!

It seems to me that the plot is revolving around this King Alastor for now and since I logged in here at the beginning of events, it seems the plot will expand even more. I have a couple of questions that I should take note of. What will happen if more Players log in? Will the plot continues and I'm one of the few lucky guys to get an early bird? Something tells me the answer is the latter. This place is truly vast, probably bigger than all of Elysium and it seems the creators have put just as much thought in it. Each Player probably gets some kind of personalized experience. Damn, it feels so natural that it's obvious it's a fake world!

"And where can we get a quest?" I intervene but the two guys seem oblivious to my question.

Ambrosia turns her head and gives me a snob look, almost annoyed I dared to ask a question without her permission. The two guards glare at me just after she does. Their smiles turn upside down as if they are ready to attack me at a moment's notice. Just as quickly as Ambrosia turns back, so do they. I know that she's the kind of person who wants to be in command, controlling my every movement, but something deep down tells me that she enjoys the fact that she can hardly Charm or Dominate me anymore. Not sure if she actually likes me or my immunity and the challenge I pose for her.

"Well?" She asks the guards. "You heard the man, is there an expedition taking place? Any good questing?" 

The guards nod again. Their confidence shattered, still drooling over her. 

"The Commander's Inn is full of Emissaries and adventurers. Our Lord is giving a considerable prize to those who dare to venture underground and kill monsters," the second guard replies.

Ambrosia seems irritated when she hears the word Emissaries, but I for one think it's great news. From the information available I gathered so far, Emissaries and Apostles are Players, and learning that several of them are here, makes me enthusiastic at the least. I'll have the chance to finally find other players and get some answers about this game world. They must have been here for some time, hopefully longer than me, so getting extra information will prove useful in the end. Maybe they know how to log out from this place, although I'm beginning to find it enticing the more I stay here.

"How many Emissaries are here?" I lean forward and cock my head in anticipation of their answer.

The younger guard turns toward me, though his eyes continue to stay locked on Ambrosia. "The city of Tlos is one of the big six principal cities and where the big six Emissary headquarters are stationed," he tells me.

So this means that several of my Virtual Kin have been transferred here the past months. The rumors we've heard about people disappearing from the Asphodel Meadows are actually true. This gives me a hint that I won't find anyone here knowing how to log out of this world. Probably, I'll have to continue and finish the game if I want a way back. Time will tell and soon, I'll have the answers I've been waiting for.

"Anything else?" An irritable Ambrosia coils her hand to my neck, caressing me like a pet. The two guys stare at me, angry, enraged even, that I'm the one getting her undivided attention.

Wanting to avoid unnecessary brawls, I decide it's best we leave this place. I half shrug and she passes her hand over my shoulder and delivers a soft bite with her fangs on my cheek, grazing me a little, all while staring at the other two at the same time. The effects of her aphrodisiac bite kick in. I feel my throbbing erection taking place as her other hand caresses my torso down my thighs. The two guards continue observing me with envy but say nothing. We march our way to the city, letting them stalk us till they lose sight of us.

"You have another crazy idea that will get us killed?" Ambrosia wants to know as she licks her lips and undresses me with her carefree look. Something tells me that I'll be the supper tonight after she’s done with the two guards.

"I'm the one having crazy ideas?" I exclaim and I get a predatory look in reply. I gulp and look ahead. "All I want is to meet more of my kind and get some answers," I tell her, returning the discussion to what bugs me.

"I say you forget your crazy mission and enjoy what this world has to offer," she tells me and caresses my already erect cock, the effects of the aphrodisiac poison now on full effect.

4