Chapter #23: Another Maiden in Distress pt1
101 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the gathering, we split into several teams and begin our descent into the tunnels from different areas of town. The goal is to find the source of the infestation and remedy it, but first, we have been given a medial task to prove our worth. That way, they’ll decide if we are capable enough to take harder quests. From the tunnels, we are meant to gather underneath the Inn and meet in a great chamber. From there we will be given our official orders. One of the guild mistresses hands us a rough map that shows us the path we are meant to take. The path leads us back toward the Hey Kitty tavern. Ambrosia calls the whole thing a waste of time but I enjoy the chance for a trial run.

Myself, Ambrosia, and three others venture down into the tunnels near one of the open canals. Inside, we light our torches and begin scouting the area. It feels like it will be a long night with nothing of any interest. The sewers smell, you guessed it, disgusting. We stay away from the water, walking along a large ledge that hadn't been used in centuries. The city sewers are a massive maze. Built one on top of the other and deep underground as the city grew larger and larger. They never bothered to fix what they had, instead developed more and more layers one on top of the other.

The three that travel alongside us are nobodies. The two women are low-level wizards and the other is a young male hunter with a short bow and a quiver full of arrows. I am disappointed Zoe can’t join us. All three are not exactly the most prepared for close combat in the sewers. Definitely, they aren’t Emissaries. I am not even sure if they are adventurers or if they had just happened to be present at the meeting and thought it would be something fun to do for the night. Ambrosia doesn’t seem to mind them. In fact, I can see her eyes fixated on the women from time to time.

"Not here," I whisper to her.

"Why not? It's the perfect place to dump a body," Ambrosia giggles listening to me. It is so easy to forget just how strong her hearing is. The fact that we are already deep underground and inside a sewer filled with monsters, would have made killing any of them easy. 

"Too easy," I challenge her.

She giggles again, trying her best to hide her smile from the three strangers. "Pity, but I do admire their will. To venture underground with strangers and not even ask our names."

"We didn't ask their names either," I remind her.

"You're right, how impolite of us not to introduce ourselves." Ambrosia stops and holds her hand in front of me. "Wait, pet."

The three continue forward and from where we stand I hear dozens of footsteps approaching us.

"Rats," Ambrosia whispers, "now watch this."

The three adventurers begin screaming as the rats run across their feet and up their legs. All three of them panic and one of them, the hunter, shots arrow after arrow toward the formless brown wave of rats.

"Such stupid creatures," Ambrosia laughs as the two wizards cast Fire Bolts and set several dozen rats on fire. The rats veer off and fall into the muddy water.

To my surprise, all the rats are avoiding us by several feet no less.

"Why are they avoiding us?" I ask.

"Even the rats know there is far more to fear from us than whatever they are running from," Ambrosia smiles, vanity painted across her face. As the last of the rats run past us, she steps forward. "Awe, it seems you've shot all your arrows," she says, placing her hand on the hunter's shoulder.

"Ma'am. I've still got this dagger," he says pulling one from his shoe.

Ambrosia's eyes squint as she takes the dagger from his hand. She looks pissed, possibly because the young hunter had called her ma'am. Unconsciously, my hand clenches Lush's hilt. I don’t know why I’m doing that. Even if I intervene, there’s no way I can stop her. Not to mention she is too strong an ally for me to lose. Even if she were to kill them, I’d still remain by her side.

"He was being polite," I say trying to save his life.

She examines the dagger in her hand twirling it around her fingertips. She could Dominate him and any of them into giving her whatever she wants, but right now it looks like she has other plans. I can't help but feel like she is testing me. Seeing what I would do if she attacks them. The two wizards are just staring as she hands him back his dagger and smiles.

"A little small for my taste," she says walking back toward me.

To my surprise, a massive rat emerges from behind the corner. My Insight informs me of its stats immediately.

Giant rat. Threat Level 3. HP 15.

I start to reach for Lush, but Ambrosia stops me. The rat immediately grabs hold of the hunter and with a brush of wind, the two wizards send both flying into the water. The hunter and the rat begin to drift downstream and in a matter of seconds, they are out of my vision. I can only hear a distant squeal from the giant rat and the hunter’s panicked scream.

"Now that it's only four of us, we could stop and have some fun," Ambrosia whispers. I see the two wizards are dominated. Perhaps they have been the whole time and I failed to notice. Nah, I just didn’t bother checking with my Insight. Ambrosia’s words are tempting, but this isn't the time or place. We have a quest to complete.

"You knew that rat was coming," I make a point.

"And if I did?" Ambrosia asks. She is testing me.

"You could have saved him."

"Maybe, but this is a trial after all. It’s not my fault the hunter was ill-equipped," she giggles again. "Haven't you had enough of this? We can return to the Crazy Shrimp.”

“What about the mission?” I protest.

“We’ll tell the guild master we got lost. Think about it, the four of us could have some real fun," Ambrosia caresses my crotch and looks me straight in the eyes.

The two wizards begin to undress. Their robes fall to the ground. They are wearing nothing but their large pointed hats. Their petite bodies are ready to move on Ambrosia's command.

"I want to finish this," I insist, sucking in a deep breath.

I can see it in her eyes. She isn't serious and since our battle with the mob earlier she's had her fill with blood. The two wizards are gorgeous but they are nothing compared to her, Zoe, or the other Players down here. Perhaps this is the game once again, trying to stop me from progressing ahead.

"Very well," Ambrosia smiles.

My cock hardens even more as the two female wizards, still dominated turn, bend down and begin to pull their clothes back on. I already regret this.

4