Chapter #16: A Ghastly Night pt3
136 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Ghast is ten feet tall and has a long tongue that stretches down below its chest, across its naked blue skin. Its long thin hair runs down the back of its head in patches. It wears a necklace made of skulls that sways back and forth as it comes forward. It grabs one paralyzed ghoul and bites its head off. Long claws dig into the ghoul's body as it swallows its head, downing the whole thing in an instant, then casts the carcass aside, into the fire that burns around us. I understand perfectly now what the Ghast is. A giant ghoul that eats the flesh of both the living and the dead.

"Fuck," I say, trying once again to move my body. Ambrosia was right. Without us, the ghouls stood no chance. Even with us, I can't shake the feeling we were all about to die.

"Fall in the damn pit," I hear Ambrosia whisper.

I am unsure what a four-foot pit will do against a giant of this size.

The Ghast knocks back another ghoul as it runs up toward it. It flies into a tree screaming as its body splatters across the branches.

"Ready to run away now?" Ambrosia asks me.

"No," I answer, pulling my sword up. I don't know why I am still trying to be the hero. Maybe it is the rush of blood I feel running through my body. I don't care whether these people live or die. They had damned themselves already. But the Ghast, something about fighting it seems exciting, even if I don't stand a chance.

Another ghoul jumps onto the Ghast's back and begins biting its ear. The Ghast in return grabs it and sinks its claws deep into the ghoul's back, then throws it to the ground. With the same claw dug into the ghoul's chest, holding it face down in the dirt, the Ghast crouches down and bites into the side of the ghoul's face. The ghoul stops screaming after about three seconds as the Ghast stands back up chewing on its would-be challenger's face.

"Pet?" Ambrosia tilts her head, smiling down at me as she begins floating above the ground. I think she is actually impressed by the Ghast and the way it kills the ghouls so casually.

The Ghast's ear has already begun regenerating. As long as they have flesh these creatures can live forever.

"Hey UGLY!" I shout as the Ghast crushes another of the ghouls under its foot. Even the toes are sharpened into black claws. There is a strange taste in the air as it moves closer toward us, towards the pit.

"Poison," Ambrosia says, grabbing me and pulling me back.

"It's not hurting any of the ghouls?" I argue.

"They are immune to poisons," she confirms what I was already thinking.

"We just need to draw it a little closer to the pit!" I shout.

"We will," Ambrosia assures me.

The arrows seem to bounce off the Ghast's body as it bites and claws two more of the ghouls to death. It seems as if there is no saving them, and the ghouls that surround us beside Immenithes and Esteri are already scattering into the woods. Everyone is running away.

"Too late to run now, that thing has caught our scent. It will hunt us to the ends of the world," Ambrosia says, spreading her legs into a bow stance.

"What do we do?" I ask.

The Ghast might not have been the most intelligent creature, but it notices the pit waiting in front of it and steps around it toward the rest of us while we wait for our certain deaths. As it steps around the pit, Ambrosia blows into the air. The creature stops as if paralyzed.

"Won't last long," she says.

"What did you do?" I ask confused.

My Insight informs me that the Ghast has been Dominated.

She walks forward toward the Ghast. The poison that filled the air has receded and I get the sense that it is safe to step forward as well. The few ghouls left with us lower their weapons. For a moment everything feels calm.

"Shy, calmly now. None of us are here to hurt you," Ambrosia's voice is soft and calm as she lies. Sweet even. "Now, step back and rest."

The Ghast steps backward into the pit and falls. Half of its body fills the pit while the other half sticks out, fixated on Ambrosia.

"Now, let's end this. Sleep," she whispers, walking up to the creature and gently slits its throat and places the dagger in the back of its neck, near the top of its spine. "Rest in peace, my friend." Ambrosia turns towards one ghoul. "Set fire to the pit!" Her entire demeanor changes from soft and kind to demanding and dangerous. As the ghoul stands there staring at her in confusion, she demands it again.

This time the ghoul grabs a burning branch and walks toward the pit. The Ghast is still alive. No longer under Ambrosia's charm, I can see its eyes, head, and mouth moving. It is even more enraged now, betrayed.

"I severed its nerves from its lower body. It will regenerate if we don't burn it," Ambrosia says standing beside me once again. "We should leave now!"

Esteri runs up toward me as the other ghouls burn the Ghast's body. I can hear it shrieking in pain. The Black Knights will arrive with the next wave.

"My sister..." Esteri starts.

"No," I say clenching my fist, "and if I ever see you again, I promise I will kill you."

Esteri backs down.

"Scatter vermin," Ambrosia hisses.

We walk into the woods as Esteri, her father, and the other ghouls scatter into the woods in the opposite direction. We walk for another half a mile when Ambrosia stops me. "This should be far enough," she says walking over and wrapping her hand around my neck.

I can hear a river running behind us as I close my eyes and let her kiss my lips. I feel her tongue sliding down my throat as she grabs my crotch. Ambrosia's head tilts back. She looks at me, her eyes glimmering. I am wondering if I have been charmed again. "Pet," she begins whispering into my ear, biting the bottom of my earlobe all while rubbing the crotch of my trousers.

I whisper, "Yes," when I feel her moving her hand up toward my chest. Her claws sink into my skin. She pulls the hair on my chest while untying my leather vest. Her other hand moves up from my crotch as she unclips my belt, throwing it to the ground against a rock. She steps back, letting her clothes drop to the ground. I have the strangest feeling of deja vu.

My vampiress stands before me completely nude and I feel like I am about to lose control. Her nipples harden as the cold air blows against her pale skin. I begin moving toward her. She places her arms on my shoulder as I begin reaching down toward her clit. "Pet," she begins speaking softly again, "you stink of rotten flesh." She pushes me backward and I fall into a still, cold river.

I emerge a moment later. Ambrosia is nowhere in sight. The light of the stars reflects on the surface of the surrounding lake. I feel her behind me. Her bare breasts press against my wet clothes as her hands reach around me. She lifts my shirt with one hand while reaching down into my pants with the other. I feel her grip on the base of my shaft, her hand moving up and down as I struggle to pull off the rest of my clothes. When I am completely naked, I feel her body pressing against me. A whirlpool forms around us as my eyes adjust even more to the surrounding darkness. Dark Vision has never mattered more.

"Fuck me like you wanted to fuck that brat," Ambrosia orders.

We only have a few hours before the sun comes up, but it feels like the night will never end. I turn Ambrosia over and feel myself sliding into her from behind. Her hand reaches back, grabbing the back of my head as I bite the back of her neck. I know now this will be a night I will never forget.

 

6