Chapter – 1 – The Start
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter - 1

The air was cold, and that cold air was hitting my face as i was standing at the edge of the rooftop.

I looked back at the 2 that were laughing even when someone was going to die and the other 2 anxious if i would really jump.

They were confident that they won't be held accountable for my death, because their parents were Big Businessman, they just had to flap some bundle of cash in front of the Police and everyone involved to shut there mouth and make it so that word doesn't get out.

The leader of them 'Jwa Dong Sun' pointed at me or something in front of him.

And said something to his friends watching
"Hey, can you see this?"

"Of course, he's going to jump! HA!"

The second one 'Mo Kwan' Said while he scoffed at me.

"I'm not talking about him! Hmm!"

He looked to be deep in thought as he was not even paying any attention to me.

"Hey, do you think he'll really jump!?"

"Shouldn't we stop him??"

The other two were just leeches, sticking to the the ones that will make their school life easy and they were afraid as the Two will get away safely but not them.

I opened my mouth to ask Jwa Dong Sun something.

"....."

But i didn't want to do so at my last so i once again closed my mouth.

I faced forward as i thought that this will be the last moment and jumped from the edge,
The cold air that was hitting my face was doing so more aggressively, as i was falling.

[You've Been Invited
   Accept - Decline  ]

I saw something floating in front of my face, as i fell with speed.

I thought i was hallucinating in the face of Death.

The things that came in my mind were either i was dead, or i was in coma after falling and getting heavily injured.

It could have been what my mind made up in coma.

It could have been because i heard my classmates talking about the hero who gets a system.

It could be my mind was making loops being in coma repeating the moment of my Death again and again and showing me weird things.

I was stupefied by the fact that not even my brain was letting me have a peaceful Death.

Anyway, i smiled and waited for the moment my head will collide with the ground, but the Screen in front of me didn't go.

Even if it was fake, i just accepted it.

Because after every thing happened starting 17 years ago even this looked ok in comparison.

If it was something that could give me life, i wanted it to be true.

I didn't know if i wanted it at my death, or it was was something i longed my whole life.

'I just want to be happy'

I, with my falling body uttered the word 'Accept'.

And with not much distance between my head and the ground, my mind went blank.

*   *   * 

Ugh
Agh
Baarf

I woke up to the sound of people vomiting and groans.

My head hurt like when someone gets a hangover from drinking too much.

And i could see that the others were the same.

I looked around tolerating the pain in my head.

It was a small space with huge walls covering the sky, in which was written, carved, some ancient langauge.

The people were constantly shouting!

My head stopped hurting, but my ear started to do so!

"Hey, where am i, send me back before i call the police!"

"My phone isn't working!"

"Will i become a 'Hunter' too?"

"Huh? Hey, there are swords! Are they real?"

"Whoa!"

"Is this a dream!!?"

[Starting the Tutorial.]

"Start what u bastards!"

"Send me back!"

It was a Feminine voice coming from the walls.

Someone was sitting on the floor, while some were weeping, and some were just sitting accepting the situation.

And then were those that were smiling,
I didn't know why they were smiling.

"Did we 'Awaken'!?"

I heard someone mumble holding his chin.

"Will i become rich if i become a 'Hunter'?"

He was constantly mumbling about living a  rich life being a 'Hunter'.

He was talking outloud saying useless things but one thing he said caught my ear.

"I just accepted the 'Invitation'!"

'Invitation?'

He was talking about the invitation that i got too and it could be same for the all of the people here.

It was something floating in front of my face in which was written.

'You've Been Invited
   Accept - Decline'

And i had accepted it thinking i was hallucinating while dying.

From every sensation i was feeling it didn't look like a dream.

'It isn't a dream'

And i was sure of it.

While i was thinking about that,
I saw a guy coming to me, he looked as if he was summoned while working as he was still in his work suit.

He came to me, with a business like smile, he rummaged through his suit pocket and  took out a card and handed it to me.

His eyesight looked to be quite bad because he was constantly squinting his eyes fixing his glasses.

'Should i buy new glasses?'

"Hello"

"Yes?"

"I am Taeyang Lee, i work for AB Entertainment and was wondering if you are interested in working as a model for our company. I know that the 'Hunter's' are more famous but I'd like if you can at least consider it!"

I saw his business card.

'AB Entertainment huh!'

It was the company getting backed by the company of Jwa Dong Sun's Father.

It looked like he was devoted to his job as he was doing so where we didn't even know where we were.

I declined nor could i possibly do it considering my circumstances.

"I'm sorry, but i dont have any plans for modelling right now."

"Alright sir, if you ever change your mind about it, you can call me at the numer at my card. Have a good day sir!"

"..."

I wasn't particularly handsome, with my short stature and small face accompanied by my deep dark blue eyes it was right to call me cute.

I don't know why he came to me but my unordinary blue eyes could have been a reason.

I nodded at him and then he left.

After i scanned  around the area again, the soft and clear voice again came.

[ Players! Welcome to this World.
Thank you for accepting the Invitation.
I am your Guide. You've been choosen to save this world.]

"Fucking Save it yourself! The Hunter's would have already started moving as this many civilians have disappeared. Send us back before they find this place!!"

"He's right!"

The other's looked to be supporting him so he looked to be more confident.

He was not fully wrong.

What he was saying was actually true, if i thought about it, if everything happening right now was real and we were summoned to save the World, so didn't that mean they had the power to save the World themselves.

"I am asking for the last time send me back!"

I didn't understand the fact that the one who accepted the Invitation were them but they were shouting as if it was someone else fault.

I know that they didn't know about this and were just like me thinking it was a dream or something but it was still weird seeing them act like this.

"Is this a prank!?"

[Please be patient. Only the worthy would be able to head over to the continent.
Those who survive the tutorial are the ones that will head over.]

"Please! God! Save me!"

[Listen closely as this can save your life.]

Even though the people were cursing, shouting at that woman, she was still composed as she was used to it.

From that, i could tell that we weren't the only ones here. There could have been more before us.

[I as your guide will answer some of your questions. Firstly this is not a dream.
Whatever you're seeing is real. Do not try to deny it as it could cost you your life.]

"Hey, do you mean you'll kill us??"

Even though the voice of the woman said it wasn't a dream, people were still pinching themselves to check if it really was a dream.

[ I will now begin. Firstly, where you are now is the starting point where you'll get the weapon of your choice and essential for your survival. The Food And Water here are enough for you all to survive for 1 day. After that you'll have to find Food for your survival.]

[The Weapon's are the tool's you'll be using to fight the monsters inside the Tutorial.
There are ranks of Weapons.
Varying from  - Common - Rare - Heroic - Legendary.
The Weapons placed in front are used Common used Weapons.]

I looked at the weapon and they were indeed
worn-out.

I turned my head little bit to the side to see the Some leather bags, in which i guess were
Food and Water.

I looked at the Weapons again,
There were Sword, Shield, Bow - Arrows, Spears, and many more i didn't the know the name of.

I paid attention and listened closely to the Voice more focused than before.

[You can pick out Weapons of your choice to protect yourself. Your goal is to only survive.
You'll face Monsters there, that will try to kill you at sight. You can move in teams, move alone, it is your choice.]

The more i listened to it the more i was sure it was a fantasy novel, my classmates would  occasionally talk about it with their friends, but it was more about the girls in that story that the talk was about.

Having never used a smartphone the only way to know was to listen to them.

The shouting slowly died down as they were  thinking about their survival.

[Of course that isn't everything. Fighting Monsters With your power right now is impossible. I understand that you all came from different places with different ideals.
This place will make you stronger than ever before and to help you grow we've prepared something. You'll understand If you say 'Status Window'. I assure you doing so won't harm you in anyway]

I said 'Status Window'
As the other's were still hesitating thinking that it could hurt them.
"Status Window"

It was the same screen from before from when i jumped off came floating again.

The only difference was the things written were different.

This time instead of The Invitation it looked to be more like  information about the one who said it.

The other's hearing me say it also started saying it themselves as they saw i was perfectly fine.

"Status Window! Huh!?"
"What the hell?"
"Arghhhhhh"

I heard someone scream from shock at the sight of something floating in from of him.

[The status window shows your current condition. Depending on how much you try, your stats may go up or down. Next is your class. You can be a warrior, mage, priest, or archer, and there are branches based on your later achievements. For example, a warrior can become a barbarian, and a barbarian can advance into a berserker. There are countless paths, and it’s up to you which one to take.]

"Whaa...."

"Eh.."

[There are also grades for Classes Such as  common, rare, heroic, and legendary.  However, if you are a mage or priest, you will inevitably need an affinity for holy power or magic. Please also understand that some classes cannot be selected. You’ll be able to choose a class when you get missions, hidden quests, or enough experience.]

I paid attention to my Status Window and started reading the things written.

[Name: Sun ]
[Title: None]
[Age: 18]
[Class: None]

[Stats]
[Strength: 10]
[Agility: 10]
[Stamina: 10]
[Intelligence: 10]
[Endurance: 10]
[Luck: 10]
[Magic: 10]
[Equipment: None]

While reading i heard the Voice again.

[The last thing is your attributes. Every time you get to a certain level, you get a new attribute. Attributes will vary from player to player and, like your class, are determined by your personality. The most important thing is the player’s personality. As with classes, there are four grades: common, rare, heroic, and legendary, and as you go up, you get better performance.]

“oh….”

[Attributes are also gained similarly to classes or you could have a attribute beforehand. As with your class, your attributes can also have a huge impact on your growth, so please choose carefully.]

While listening i looked at my Status Window again.

The name showing was only just a word i heard and i occasionally used it for my introduction so i guessed it registered that as my name and i didn't have a real name as i was never given one.   

[Name: ? ]
[Title: None]
[Age: 18]
[Class: None]

[Stats]
[Strength: 10 (Common)]
[Agility: 10 (Common)]
[Stamina: 10 (Common)]
[Intelligence: 15 (Common)]
[Endurance: 10 (Common)]
[Luck: 10 (Common)]
[Magic: 10 (Common)]
[Equipment: None]

[Attribute]
[None]

[Overview: The Player Sun has Seals placed On his body. The Seals are Restricting the Growth Of Player Sun.]

I saw that I didn't have any Attributes and i didn't understand the thing about Seals.

It was something Common for me, i was never good at anything.
So it could have been the reason i didn't have any Attributes.

[And i hope you survive. I wish you all good luck.]

[The Monsters will Pour out after 10 Minutes
Please prepare for battle.]

0