Chapter 1: Reincarnation
34 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up early, just like any other day so i could get to work on time, throwing himself out the warmth of his comfy bed so he could do his usual morning routine of showing, eating and making sure he looked responsible enough to hold a job. 

He had been doing this 'routine' for years ever since he dropped school to move away from his family though he had lost many opportunities due to him dropping school but he was much happier where he was.

That said when he had started walking out of his small apartment and onto the sidewalk a blinding flash of light, then darkness that seemed to swallow everything.

He was in this 'darkness' for only minutes when he started to feel visions or more like memories of someone else's life, the emotions he felt from the memories were like a flood crashing right into him no matter how much he tried to suppress them they kept coming it was only when the memories stopped that the flood stopped but what was left now was nothing.

Spoiler

Ding~ New Skill [Emotion Resistance 1] (+2 xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Emotion Resistance 2] (+2 xp)

....

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Emotion Resistance 24] (+2 xp)

Ding~ [You've reached level 2](+10 stat points)

[collapse]

"..y .oy Roy!"

The yelling jolted me awake looking up and seeing "Ian?"

"Hey, you're finally awake!"

"Yeah, thankfully"

". . Well, take this you've been sick for a day or two so take it easy"

Ian handed me a slice of bread before walking off further into the dark, smelly ally, he was a priest of the chruch so he goes around the slums helping the poor and homeless, but how did I know that? It could be related to the memories, closing my to sort through the memories and my own thoughts and coming to the conclusion

That I was in another world.

Normally this would be very breathtaking and memorable moment. . . if it wasn't for the smell of urine and many other foul stenches I could not recognize.

But for now I should work on making a plan but first things first

[Status]

Roy
Male
Age - 10

Title -[Reincarnator]+200% xp gain +200% Skill xp gain

Race - Cat-kin
Race Traits - [Night vision],[High Hearing],[High Smell]

Class - None
SubClass - None

Level - 2 (xp 54/150)

Hp - 50/50 Mana - 100/100
Vitality - 5
Strength - 2
Endurance - 3
Intelligence - 20
Dexterity - 11
Magic - 10

Stat points - 10
_________________

[Skills] Skill Points - 0

[World Information](one time use)
[Night Vision 27]
[High Hearing 32]
[High Smell 23]
[Pity 15](+15 Intelligence)
-Makes oneself seem pitiful
[Emotional Resistance 24]
-Resistance to emotions like Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, Disgust                                                                                                                                            [Sneak 6](+6 Dexterity)
[Illness Resistance 3](+3 Vitality)                                                                                                                                                                                              _________________

[Reincarnation Package]
[Choose 1-5]
#1 - Hatchet, x15 bread
#2 - Dagger, x10 bread
#3 - Sword, x5 bread
#4 - Spear, x5 bread
#5 - Bow, 20x Wooden Arrows
_______________________________________

Looking around my status it looked pretty average the only thing that was out of place was the Title, Reincarnation Package and the skill [World Information], although the skill was a one time use I didn't have any hesitation in using it, yeah the memories gained from this body are helpful, but there wasn't enough information to actually form a plan to start moving on in this world, which I do get is weird to accept so fast but there isn't much I can do except to start moving.

[World Information]

Upon  using the skill a small river of information streamed into my head and continued for a few minutes before stopping the amount of information wasn't actually a lot but it showed the common sense that most people would know about the world and their surroundings, fortunately most of the information gained were things that this body did not know.

With this information there was no real need to make a plan as the only thing that could help this situation was to become an adventurer, adventurers who made money by killing monsters, gathering materials or completing quests for that were issued by the Adventurers Guild. This wasn't necessarily the only option but it was the best one.

The only problem now was that in order to become an adventurer was to have a [Class], of course there different types of classes but the type of class does not matter because in order to receive a class you must at least have a level 10 skill, thankfully classes can evolve but the evolution depends mostly on the skills you have, so you can't just go from a [Warrior] to [Magic-Warrior] without actually learning magic.

Enough about that though I need to gain at least a level 10 combat skill to gain a class and qualify to be an adventurer even with the [Reincanator] skill it would at least a week of swinging a sword around to get a swordsmanship skill to level 10 plus food wouldn't last that long so I think my fastest option would be to do THAT.


Roy got up, wrapping a dirty blanket around him and walking out of the ally and onto the street, luckily it was still early in the morning so there were not many people around, slowly walking out onto the main street and out towards the city entrance, there were many vendors but he didn't have the time or money to look aorund, walking out the city entrance none of the guards bothered him, mostly due to the awful stench he was carrying around.

The roads were not very maintained so walking alongside a beaten dirt path in order to not get any cuts or scrapes on his bare feet, he kept walking like this until the city was almost out of view and he was on the outside of a large forest.

'I want to at least walk two to three miles in so no one will hear me '

So that's what he did, ignoring the pain from stepping on any small rocks and sticks he continued like this for almost 2 hours until he reached a desired location

Spoiler

Ding~ New Skill [Pain Resistance 1](+1 Endurance, +2 xp)

Ding~ New Skill [Tough Skin 1](+1 Vitality, +2 xp)

[collapse]

". . hah . hah. I'm an idiot, I just walked for so long and didn't think of putting those stat points into anything."

'Well I'm going to be out here for a bit so endurance is going to be most important'

[Status]
Roy
race - Beastkin - Cat
title - [Reincarnator]

Class -None
SubClass - None

Level 2 (xp 58/150)

Hp - 57/60 Mana 100/100
Vitality - 6
Strength - 2
Endurance - 14
Intelligence - 20
Dexterity - 11
Magic - 10

Stat points- 0


Well let go ahead and eat a bit 'Number 1'

[Reincarnation Package]
[Choose 1-5]
#1 - Hatchet, x15 bread (Selected)
#2 - Dagger, x10 bread
#3 - Sword, x5 bread
#4 - Spear, x5 bread
#5 - Bow, 20x Wooden Arrows

The instant he selected the package a wooden basket with a hatchet on top popped up in front of him, sitting on the ground enjoying the fresh, and warm bread like he hadn't eaten anything in days, though he hasn't. He wanted to eat a lot but if he was going to be in that forest for awhile he was going ot have to eat sparingly at least until he learns to hunt. He didn't want to stay there forever but the longer he immerses himself in skill leveling the better right?

Well now that I think about it that's enough rest, dropping the blanket i wrapped around myself revealing my short stature and loosely fitted tunic that went to my knees there was definitely better clothes just not that he could afford just yet, grabbing up the hatchet and walking over to the closest tree he could find started chopping at it.. and chopping.. until.

[Ding~ New Skill [Tree Cutting 1]+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp]

[Ding~ New Skill [Axemanship 1]+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp]

~Whistle~ "The stat gain is nice but it's not enough".

And like that he came to be cutting trees almost all day long

Spoiler

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Tree Cutting 2](+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Tree Cutting 3](+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp)

.....

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Tree Cutting 7](+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Axemanship 2](+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Axemanship 3](+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp)

.....

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Axemanship 7](+1 dex, +1 end, +1 str, +2xp)

[collapse]

Roy collapsed to the ground gasping for air behind him were about 10 felled trees he was doing that only for a few hours but even twith the skills and stats gained eventually it took its toll on his body.

Once Roy stabilized his breathing he sat up in a and going into a sitting postion he began to meditate, his breathing became rhythmic he cleared any and all thoughts as he focused on himself, his beating heart, the blood pumping in his veins and after almost 20 minutes of that he felt a warm tingling in his body, he tried to make this tingling move slowly from his chest to his arms and legs until finally he stopped

Spoiler

Ding~ New Skill [Meditation 1](+1 Int, +1 Magic, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Meditation 2](+1 Int, +1 Magic, +2xp)

Ding~ New Skill [Mana Sense 1](+1 Magic, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Mana Sense 2](+1 Magic, +2xp)

Ding~ New Skill [Mana Control 1](+1 Magic, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Mana Control 2](+1 Magic, +2xp)

[collapse]

This was a theory that Roy had thought of most people take days or weeks to sense their mana and days to control their mana, but since Roy had gone into a meditative like-state he was more sensitive to what was going on in his body especially mana, not to mention he just wanted a [Meditation] skill since it could enhance physical recovery and mana recovery

Being done with that night fall was going to be in the next few hours and he wanted to have a shelter by then so with that he grabbed the hatchet and started cutting branches off the trees he cut down getting the desired amount started to cutting so they were in singular poles before propping them against a tree with low hanging branch making a upside down V shape he was done with this so he moved to the next step.

Roy wanted to make sure that if it rained it wouldn't go inside or at least be minimal so he gathered the branches with the most clutter leaves he could find and propping them on the walls he had already made, the shelter wasn't really secured into place but he was doubtful there was going to be any extreme weather so it was fine.

The next step would usually be to build a fire but Roy was... unique to say the least the type of person that didn't mind hurting himself to make him stronger so he told himself he was going to sit throughout the cold night and train skills while hopefully gaining a cold resistance skill.

So in preparation of the night he started to gather things from vines, rocks, large to small branches gaining a decent pile of materials just before dusk.

Roy had started making traps anything he could remember even if the trap failed he went back and did it again, everything from snares, deadfalls, to pitfalls with small sharpened stakes at the bottom he dismantled most of the traps after making them especially the pitfalls he knew he would fall in like an idiot if he forgot to despite only being a few hours in with his hands starting to freeze he decided to stop.

Spoiler

Ding~ New Skill [Trap Making 1](+1 int, +1 dex, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [trap Making 2](+1 int, +1 dex, +2xp)

 . . . .

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Trap Making 5](+1 int, +1 dex, +2xp)

Ding~ New Skill [Cold Resistance 1](+1 vit, +2xp)

Ding~ Skill Upgrade [Cold Resistance 2](+1 vit, +2xp)

[collapse]

After training the [trap making] skill he wanted to move right into the shelter to meditate and practice [mana sense] and [mana control] for the entire night although [meditation] couldn't replace sleep it could keep him rested enough to continue with training and by morning this was his accomplishments from his first day.

[Status]
Roy
Race - Beastkin - Cat
Title - [Reincarnator]

Class - none
Subclass- none

Level 2->3 (xp 8/200)

Hp 100/100->180/180 Mana 160/160->310/310
Vitality- 10->18
Strength- 16
endurance- 28
intelligence- 30->35
Dexterity- 35
magic- 16->31

Stat points - 0->10

[Skills] Skill points - 0

[Night Vision 27]
[High Hearing 32]
[High Smell 23]
[Pity 15](+15 intelligence)
[Emotional Resistance 24]
[Sneak 6](+6 dexterity)
[Illness Resistance 3](vitality +3)
(NEW)[Pain Resistance 1](+1 endurance)
(NEW)[Tough Skin 1](+1 vitality)
(NEW)[Tree Cutting 7](+7 dex, +7 end, +7 str)
(NEW)[Axemanship 7](+7 dex, +7 end, +7 str)
(NEW)[Meditation 2->7](+2->7 int, +2->7 Magic)
(NEW)[Mana Sense 2->7](+2->7 Magic,)
(NEW)[Mana Control 2->7](+2->7 Magic)
(NEW)[Trap Making 5](+5 int, +5 dex)
(NEW)[Cold Resistance 2->10](+10 vit)


the stuff with -> is what he gained overnight

3