Chapter 2
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Surprise chapter drop! I have enough in the chamber to not be worried about running out and I wanted to respond to the enthusiasm people have shown the first two chapters!

Somewhere in the Yu-Bine Forest on the border of Baron Elyss’ Territory.

 

When I finally awoke after my body was riddled with pain and my soul stained with the deaths of those few who fell for my survival I found myself filled with an instinctive power I had never felt before. I wasn’t any less hungry than before but now I felt I could push past that if only for the moment. 

 

I had heard once from a mercenary boy that came home to take his siblings with him to a better place that scholars agree most of the inhuman races that existed, elves, dwarves, beast-people, even dragon-kin and fairy-folk all ascended from humans after they were touched by the divine for some greater plan. Well that’s what people said of their fore-fathers anyways, nowadays so little contact is had with them and humanity it’s hard for anyone outside the nobility to even imagine the gods acting that much.

 

I wish I could say I felt the same.

 

The Evil God had to have known what this race craved… there was no mistaking it, even more so when my instincts brought me to them...

 

A pair of hunters from some village nearby crushed under the mighty paw of a bear after they’d attacked her cub. The bear's roar was so strong I thought I was going to be blown back by the wind but instead she merely slew the hunters and carried off her bleeding child in her jaws with such a minute amount of effort I honestly didn’t think it was possible. 

 

But with her gone I found myself faced with a pain that had been haunting me since I awoke in the village after hearing the Voice of God for the first time.

 

The pain was similar to starving, something I had grown sickly used to but different now. Something had changed inside me. As if the universe needed to spell it out to me.

 

“You aren’t Human.”

 

It wasn’t the first time I felt it.

 

This craving.

 

“They’re already dead.”

 

I feel my feet move forward and incisors grow out of my mouth as my body begins to morph, not significantly but enough that my appearance was surely enough to strike fear in the hearts of all but the most experienced soldiers. 

 

My stomach growls even more ferociously as I slam my foot down as hard as I can and let out my own monstrous howl and jam my claws deep into my arm using the shooting pain to bring me back to my human form and my human nature.

 

“NO!” I screamed at the world and at the Evil God I was sure was still laughing at my suffering.

 

I lurched away from them as hard as  I could, feeling like my active mind and my instinctive powers were going to tear me in two.

 

I stood there for seconds that felt like minutes until finally I heard a blessed noise inside my mind.

 

Someone smiles upon you…

 

Title Gained - One Who Fights Nature

 

An Evil God appreciates your desperation....

 

Active Ability granted - Second Stomach.

 

Suddenly I found myself able to move a little more freely, as my instincts seemed to pull back slightly though with them gone I felt something change in the air, a scent that I was sure wasn’t there before.

 

I looked at the bodies on the ground and saw now that one of them was laying atop a doe’s corpse. 

 

It wasn’t treated at all and looks like it died a grizzly death as there was foam at its mouth and I could see vials of some kind alongside the dead hunters waste.

 

None of that mattered though.

 

The bit of power I had gained over my instincts retreated in an instant.

 

At a speed I had never imagined being able to move I was fully transformed and had easily tossed aside the hunters with a single hand making their corpses collide and viciously crack against the nearby tree as my over-sized incisors dug into the hide of the doe and tore out it’s innards. 

 

It probably only took a couple of minutes for the entire beast to be devoured, bone, hide, and all, but somehow it felt like hours in my mind. 

 

The Hunger took over and there wasn’t anything I could do about it. My body was entirely controlling itself. In a strange way it was the first time in my life I could recall feeling fulfilled. 

 

I knew, objectively, that my actions were past anything resembling humanity.

 

A human would have felt.. Something. At eating such a young animal, or the death of the two boys who slew it. At the very least would have been mindful of the mother bear within walking distance from here.

 

They certainly wouldn’t be devouring the doe with this ferocious strength and will. 

 

But none-the-less I am.

 

I’m not human.

 

Huh.

 

For the first time since I awoke I called upon my status and looked at what I had become, while my body acted my mind could at least prepare.

 

Level: 2 Name: Ghoul Job:Farmer

Class: Ghoul Age:1 Week Health: 10/100 Mana 50/50

Status:SEALED Infamy: 100 Fame:0

Titles: Survivor, Mercy Killer, Hand of the Evil God, ********, 1rst Generation Child, Watched by the Gods.

Active Abilities:

Second Stomach: In states of starvation, grants satiation to restore will and health. Will be activated on instinct if able. Cooldown 1 week remaining.

Passive Abilities:

Monster: Your actions will grant you infamy in human nations but that infamy will no longer affect your status the same way.

1rst Generation Child: Your race’s mother took notice of your human struggles and rescued you. Show her it wasn’t wasted effort.

********: SEALED

 

I closed my eyes as my will over my body slowly seeped back in and I felt my stomachs satiated for the first time.

 

It’d been so long since I felt like this.

 

So why was I crying?

 

The tears started softly at first but quickly I felt animal-like sobs escape my throat that was parched and sore with the iron blood still coating it.

 

I’m alive! I’m surviving! What do I still need to do? Why isn’t this good enough?!

 

I pounded my fist in anger and swore at myself and at my friends ghosts that I felt haunted my every thought in this shared life they saw fit to curse me with.

 

Your Title “Hand of the Evil God” is reacting to your will! 

 

Your Title “1rst Generation Child” is reacting to your will!

 

Quest: The Evil God demands entertainment! This world is stale, go overthrow a Tyrant! 

 

Quest: To understand the world you must understand yourself. Find your Progenitor.

 

A sickly laugh echoed out of my throw as I tumbled over onto the ground, my body snapping and cracking as it receded to a human form.

 

“Overthrow a tyrant, and find my Progenitor? What kind of stage drama do you think this is?!” I yelled at the sky cursing as the laughter bubbled outward regardless. “If you want me to do something like this, give me a direction! Tell me literally anything about what has happened!”

 

I scanned back over my status, unable to fully grasp just how much of my identity was stripped away. Not that there was ever much to begin with. 

 

Even my name… 

 

The only part of it left to me is my old job. A farmer.

 

2