7. Strange behavior
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At first, the dark cloud was barely visible. But when the lightning struck again, Alan could see the cloud clearly and it was as though death was hovering over his brother with the way the dark cloud cast its darkness on him.

Alan's eyes almost popped out of their sockets on seeing the bizarre situation. His eyes were now transfixed on Neil who had no idea about all that was happening. All his focus was outside the window as he stared at the now cloudy sky. His forehead was completely drenched and he held his mother's hands tight.

"Mom, move back." He tried to pull her towards him gently. However, Emily remained adamant and stood in front of him, trying to shield her children from the calamity she had no idea about. All of a sudden, her heart started to beat rapidly as a dreadful feeling settled in it. She was frightened and her eyes conveyed her emotions clearly.

"What the hell is happening? Why did...."

The door to the ward opened and Jarett entered, his face filled with panic and fear. It was only when he saw his wife and children safe that he could calm down. He let out a sigh and bolted toward Emily who was closest to the window.

"Emily, Alan, Neil, are you guys alright?" He checked them for any injuries. Other than being shocked by the circumstance, they seemed to be fine and Jarett let out a sigh of relief.

"Jarett, what is happening? Why did...."

"Emily, we do not have time for these. We will have to leave from here."

"What?" Emily gave an incredulous look while Alan's gaze finally moved towards his father.

Jarett did not answer them and looked at his sons. "Alan, Neil, we will have to leave from here right now. This place is no longer safe for us."

His words completely surprised Alan and he gave his father a mysterious look, one that held a lot of questions in them. Somewhere, somehow, he started to suspect his father. 'Does Dad know something? Does he...' Instinctively, his gaze returned to his brother and once again, the lightning flashed outside the window and once again, he was able to see the dark cloud over Neil.

'Wait a minute.' Alan's mind exploded when a realization hit him. 'Why am I the only one able to see it? Did Dad and Mom not notice it?' He wondered, his heart pounding madly in alarm. 'What the heck is happening?'

Alan could not bear the fright anymore and he forced himself up even if his entire body was screaming profanities at him. "Dad, do you find anything different about me or Neil?"

He did not directly point it out. Yet, his words were enough to change Jarett's expression. Albeit being subtle, Alan caught onto it and his face turned pale at once.

"What nonsense are you spouting, Alan? Get prepared. We are leaving from here." He ordered and nodded at Emily who more or less had understood what he was trying to imply.

"Dad, what is happening? Are you hiding something from us?" Alan was not convinced by his father's actions. He definitely knew something about the bizarre situation they were in as well as about Neil. Otherwise, why would he react so drastically?

"Alan, we do not have time for your nonsense. We need to leave from here right now." Jarett avoided his son's suspicious gaze and helped him out of the bed while Emily helped an utterly confused Neil.

"Dad, I....you....do you know what is happening?" Alan queried again and Neil looked at his father who did not show any obvious reaction this time.

Even though he could not apprehend what was transpiring, Neil too noticed his father's peculiar behavior. "Dad, why do we have to leave from here? Why will we be in danger?" He too inquired and Jarett, all of a sudden, felt his head aching. He had no idea how to reply to his sons.

"Alan, Neil. Let us leave from here first. We will speak about it once we reach a safe place." Emily saved him right on time and Jarett nodded at her gratefully.

"Mom..."

"Alan, please. Listen to us. Let us leave from here...."

"Are you sure you will actually be safe if you leave from here, Mrs. Wright?" A soft, melodious, yet powerful voice questioned and the Wright family immediately turned towards the direction from where they had heard the voice.

Trinity ran his gaze around the room and her eyes settled on Neil first before she moved them over to Alan. A gentle smile lingered on her lips and she pushed her glasses up. Her wise and careful eyes held a sense of comfort, one that could make people relax.

However, Emily and Jarett's expressions changed when they saw the familiar woman here. Though it had been more than a decade since they last saw her, she still held the same vigor and authority as they had witnessed her to have previously.

Unlike Alan and Neil who looked at her in pure confusion, Emily and Jarett stared at her in terror and Trinity was taken aback to find their mortified faces.

'Do I look so hideous? Why are they staring at me as though they are looking a monster?' She wondered, her smile slipping for a moment.

'Are you sure you are not a monster, Trinity? Who can defeat you once you unleash your powers?' She heard the familiar annoying voice in her head and Trinity instinctively turned towards the man who was standing beside her outside the ward but was hidden from the other people in the ward.

'Are you reading my mind again, Sean?' Her voice was filled with annoyance and Sean chuckled lightly.

'Was I not supposed to? Your thoughts were too loud and I could not help but listen to them even if I was unwilling to.' He retorted and Trinity was done entertaining the infuriating man.

'Why are you hiding now? Did you not come here to meet the twins? Come out and greet them.'

'As you wish, Miss Ochoa.' The man stated and adjusted his coat before he stepped behind her, making his presence known to all the people in the room.

Emily and Jarett had only been frightened when they saw the woman. But the moment they saw the familiar man behind her, they lost their composure completely and Jarett dropped to his knees immediately, pulling Alan with him unknowingly.

0