10. Eight days
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A brilliant bolt of lightning lit the room briefly before ending in a deafening clap of thunder. The weather turned worse as time passed and the rain picked up speed until it was impossible to view anything from the window. The sky had turned dark, the black clouds hovering above like grim reapers.

While to the world, the change in weather was a nuisance, to the people, inside the ward, it indicated the grave change in their lives, especially the Wright family.

Alan and Neil stared at the old man in front of them as though they were looking at the clown. Their expressions mimicked each other as they blinked in perplexity.

"I understand your confusion and it might seem to you two that I am joking. But I am not." Sean smiled faintly, not at all infuriated by the two boys and their thoughts. Any sane person who had no idea about their world would react the same way.

"I can prove it to you if you want." The man continued and snapped his fingers and a white light emerged from his palm the next instant. Sean controlled it such that the light stayed within his grasp, just above his palm, not allowing it to move from away him.

Alan's eyes widened. That was the coolest thing he had ever seen in his life, after his brother shattered the steel rod that is, and his eyes sparkled on seeing the white light. He was enthralled by what he was seeing and he was now more or less convinced by what he had heard.

Hogwarts was not a lie. Magic existed and sorcerers were real. It was not just a fantasy but the truth, the truth he once so badly wanted to experience. The young kid in him who had once been fascinated by the fantasy world of magic came out at this moment and Alan could not help but lean forward to take a closer look at the light.

Trinity smiled on seeing the boy's curious gaze. 'Ahh, kids are lovable.' She thought. Unlike the two human adults who were staring at Sean in fear, the two kids had a different expression altogether. However, she could not make out what Neil was thinking.

Unlike Alan, Neil held a blank face and she could not read his thoughts even. Other than staring at the white light and at Sean, he did nothing else and Trinity frowned, now puzzled by the boy.

"How are you doing this?" Alan blurted out and it was only when the light vanished that he realized what he had done. However, instead of being embarrassed, he was more interested in finding out what had happened and how it had happened.

Sean's smile widened on seeing the boy's inquisitive eyes. "Let's just say it's all magic."

"And you are saying, Sir, that we are one of you?" Neil inquired, his face still expressionless.

"That's correct." Sean nodded and glanced at Trinity who nodded at him lightly.

"How did you deduce that, Sir?"

Sean was impressed by the lad's wariness. Alan was already charmed by the power he held, but his brother was not that easy to be handled. Neil was too careful and just from his eyes alone, he looked more mature than his peers.

"I have my ways," Sean replied, not once losing his composure. He was, in fact, more patient than he had ever been and Trinity was astonished to see the man handle the two boys with such finesse without blowing a gasket.

Neil's expression finally cracked and he looked at the man warily. This was not the answer he was looking for and he pursed his lips in dismay.

"I could have shown you how exactly I found you and your brother and deduced you two to be one of us. But that is a matter we will be discussing later." Sean uttered and gave Alan a mysteriously look, one that made the young man blink at him in confusion. But the old man said nothing to clear his dilemma, letting him suffer for the time being.

"If my calculations are not wrong, you have your birthdays in a week from tomorrow. Am I right?" Trinity stood up, done watching the show silently. Sean was handling the matter too slow for her liking and her legs too needed some exercise after sitting for a long time.

"Yes." Alan and Neil nodded at the same time.

"So, you will be turning fifteen soon and..." One among you has already shown what he is capable of. Trinity pondered in her mind. 'And it will not be long when the other twin will show his powers and that too before his birthday.'

Trinity let out a sigh, not at all liking the predicament they were in. They only had time till the twins' birthday. Until then, the twins would be safe. Nobody had found out about their existence yet and would not be finding out until the next day after their birthdays.

Eight days. The Wright family had just eight days and then... Again Trinity let out a sigh.

"Dad, is this true?" Neil was still not convinced by all that was happening and he turned to his father for clarification. Even though the proof was in front of him, he needed his father to support the claims before he believed them completely.

Jarett was at a loss of words and he stood motionless. The events were transpiring quicker than he had thought. Fourteen years. He had protected his children, his adopted children from all evil for fourteen years, making sure to not allow the shadow of the actual world they were from to even fall on them. But who knew that fate had something else altogether and all his efforts had been in vain?

Jarett had no words to say. How could he agree to everything the old man had said when all he wanted was for it to be a lie? How could he nod along and agree to everything he was saying when the truth about their birth would put them in danger?

But he could not stay silent either. The truth could be concealed but not for long. Lying was not at all an option and he could only nod lightly in agreement, wrecking Neil's last ray of hope.

"We have a week from tomorrow." Trinity stood beside Sean, her eyes gentle and sympathetic. "The minute the day changes after your birthday, we will come to fetch you."

0