024
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days continued to pass, and luckily the storm gradually receded on the horizon, along with the hangovers of the sailors and the sorrows of the cabin boys.

"The rain is getting less and less intense, it seems that it will finally stop raining tonight!!", the lookout shouted, somewhat excited, looking at the cloud-covered sky.

"It's about time, two weeks sailing in a storm is too much for any soul" Said the helmsman with some hangover

"At least no one died, there were days when the waves looked like they were going to flip our boat, we were lucky" Ron said with a sigh

"You have to see that, 2 weeks without stars or sun complicate things, you have to see how much we deviate from the safe route" The helmsman answered while he gave some orders

"Are we in danger?" Ron asked.

"Danger? There are a bit of layers, but generally these safe routes are put together considering this type of storm... but you never know" Said the helmsman looking at the sky somewhat expectantly "What is certain is that layers we are late some other day"

"Well... whatever this is we have to celebrate it" Ron said "The boys have low morale, I think they had gotten used to the months without problems at the beginning of the trip"

Most of the sailors were happy to learn that the torture was finally coming to an end, but there was probably no one happier at the moment than our dear cabin boys, who were in the kitchen preparing food.

Although neither of them knew how to cook very well, it would seem that what the cook said was true and most sailors do not have taste buds.

Ricardo was cutting up a large octopus that sailors discovered above deck after the worst of the storm.

For his part, Lucas was preparing some vegetables, luckily for him, his physique had improved abnormally fast since he arrived at the ship.

At this point, probably no one would imagine that the muscular young man in front of us was emaciated a month and a half ago.

But unfortunately for his appearance, the missing teeth could not grow back and age always rushed forward, little by little dispatching the days of his youth.

"Hey! Lucas you found out, the vomiting is over" Ricardo said somewhat excited.

"How lucky..." Lucas said with a dull tone.

Ricardo was not surprised by Lucas's somewhat subdued tone, little by little he was learning that his co-worker was generally depressed by life and there were few moments in which he could make her smile with the occasional joke.

But he also didn't feel that it was weird after all he came from a shipwreck so all his old friends had died, layers needed more time to process everything.

"And tell me what you did in church?" Ricardo asked, trying to liven up the atmosphere in the kitchen a bit.

1