031
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days passed normally for the boys of La Vieja Ana, happiness filled the boat and morale was through the roof thanks to the party and the good weather.

Although the captain's nerves did not reflect the same...

"Are you sure we're off the safe path?" Wiliam asked the helmsman a little nervously.

"Every day this week you asked me the same thing and the answer didn't change because it was going to change just today?" The helmsman answered as he directed the boys from the deck.

"Probably, we already entered safe waters..." Wiliam said with some embarrassment for his nerves.

"It's at least a week to go, Wily..." The helmsman responded with some weariness, as if this same talk repeated itself every day.

"We've been sailing these waters for a week and haven't seen anything unusual..." Wiliam muttered.

"I hope I didn't fool you when you bought the Wiliam route maps" Ron added with some helplessness at the detour situation.

"Are we so screwed?" Ricardo asked that he was cleaning the top of the boat.

Noticing that the young cabin boy was also in the helm area, the captain's face turned 180 degrees, and he lost his temper as if by magic, "Eh... No boy, nothing to worry about.... "

The three old men did not speak further on the subject, but a gloomy atmosphere could be felt in the helm area.

Ricardo finished his tasks and went down to the kitchen area to help Lucas, who was preparing dinner.

"Is everything alright? I can tell you're worried..." Lucas said in a low voice without stopping working.

"The captain seems somewhat nervous about the deviation from the course" Ricardo commented while he began to cut some vegetables

"It is normal for ships to be diverted, also the surroundings of the safe routes armed by the ancient sailors are usually safe too, to a certain degree" Lucas commented with his usual muffled voice.

"Mmm, you didn't know that you knew about sea routes" Ricardo replied, noticing that Lucas seemed to know a little about the subject.

Lucas stopped working and looked at Ricardo, but noticing that the other party was just working without caring much about the talk, he lowered his gaze again and commented "You could say that I sailed a bit in the sea when I was young..."

"Secure Routes can be public, private, or secret, but almost all comply with the fact that there is a good security range around them"

"Private? How do you privatize a sea route...." Ricardo asked as he put his vegetables to boil.

"It's easy to send a couple of ships to patrol that route and if you see a ship without papers or without a flag you make it shipwreck, they also usually set up surveillance posts along the route" Lucas commented trying to remember "but the surroundings of those routes are not watched so much and although they are not so safe, many uses them as a form of travel"

"Oh... I see" commented Ricardo without caring much about the answer.

From working with Ricardo so much, Lucas learned that the young cabin boy used to chat while he was working, but in general he spent more time in his inner world than paying attention to the conversation he was having in front of him, so he was not bothered by the little interest he had.

0