038
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But there was also another way to see the cursed object, and that was thinking about what would happen if you fulfilled the conditions...

Seeing that the two boys kept their boxes, a big smile spread across Paulo's face, while he murmured: "How little human lives are worth..."

"Are they going to stare at the boxes or are they going to see what's inside?" Paulo commented, seeing the two stunned boys with the boxes in their hands.

With no time for doubt, Ricardo was the first to open his box, but this time Lucas didn't follow him, but just stared at Ricardo to see what would happen next.

Upon opening the box, the look of expectation on Ricardo's face changed to one of disappointment, because the inside of the box was full of sand.

"I should have imagined…" Ricardo smiled self-mockingly.

However, raising his head and noticing that the helmsman wasn't scoffing, hope returned to his heart.

And removing the sand from the box, he noticed that a pistol similar to the flintlock pistol was under the sand.

The gun was quite rusty as if it had been hidden on the sand for too many days and nights, the big difference it had with a common gun, is that a kind of barnacle was located where the hammer would have to be to start the gunpowder.

"Mmm, it seems very normal..." Ricardo said with some doubt.

"It had better be this way, believe me…" The more experienced helmsman commented.

Lucas, seeing that nothing unusual was happening, opened his box to see what his gun was like, but when he opened it he was surprised, unlike Ricardo's box, his was completely rusty inside and the walls were full of corals of different colors. .

In the middle of the corals one could find a gun covered by corals as if it had been lost in the ocean for a long time.

Like Ricardo's, it also did not have a hammer, and a kind of barnacle was in its place.

"Wow, the two pistols look like they were taken from a second-hand store" Ricardo said somewhat uncomfortably, "If it weren't for the boxes, I would think they were scrap metal"

"And they are…" Paulo said smoking his pipe.

Noticing the disappointed faces of the boys, he continued: "The important thing is not the guns themselves, but the little mollusk that is above them"

"They are mollusks from an island far away from the Jupiter Sea, too far away to be worth mentioning, they have been raised as weapons by the locals for decades"

"But they wouldn't be special if they were just mollusks, these two pistols were passed through the sacrificial ritual of the Pantheon... Fatima and Maria were the ones sacrificed" Said the helmsman, seeming to remember the past.

"So the Pantheon killed two women, just to make these weapons?" Ricardo commented, looking at the mollusk on top of his gun with some disgust, "What a bunch of lunatics!"

"Girls…" Paulo said, while he refilled his pipe with a yellowish paste, "Fatima and María were a couple of girls, to be exact…"

But just when Ricardo was about to express his disgust, he was interrupted by the helmsman.

"And it wasn't the members of the church of the Pantheon who made the sacrifice…" Paulo said, indifferently as he lit his pipe and took a deep drag, "… I was the one who sacrificed the girls"

0