019
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"At first you think you have everything easy and that everything is at your fingertips, but then you grow up and reality comes to ruin your life"

"And why did they kick you out of your house? Your dad noticed you were growing up and was afraid that his harem would be stolen?" Lucas asked, trying to understand Ricardo.

"No!!, of course not!! ..... what kind of father would do such a stupid thing to expel his son for his wife" Ricardo answered already quite irritated "I'm only the third son, so I had no other choice than go out to sea or join a church"

Lucas wanted to keep asking, but he noticed that Ricardo was quite upset, so he preferred to remain silent and stop throwing fuel on the fire.

A kind of awkward silence filled the room again.

But luckily the cook came to the rescue and to change the mood of the room he asked as he finished cutting the fish into squares.

"And what did you do when you were young, Lucas?" The cook asked as he finished cutting the fish into squares.

"Farmer, on a farm on the island" Lucas said with his back turned as he continued cutting the sweet potatoes "It was really hard, it's not easy to work the land on my home island, that's why my hands started to break"

The cook was silent for a while as if he processed the answer several times in his brain until he ended up feeling a little strange for the doubt that had arisen in him

The cook did not understand how it was that Lucas worked as a farmer in his native land, if not so long ago he had said that on the island where he was born he could not plant.

Ricardo for his part seemed to care little about what they were talking about, he was more involved in his internal world while he continued cutting the sweet potatoes.

"Mmmm, but you hadn't..." But before he could shake off the doubt, his eyes began to turn black, and a sad smile appeared on his face, which became more and more pronounced.

It was not the first time that the black eyes appeared in Old Ana, but it seems that nobody could notice them, although this time there was a big difference, and he is the person to wear them.

Both Ricardo and Lucas turned and looked at the cook who had cut the sentence in half, when they noticed that the cook was a little sad cutting the fish they wanted to ask him what was wrong, but neither of the two boys had enough motivation to breaking the silence that had formed, so they went back to their usual chore of cutting sweet potatoes

Silence reigned in the room again, and only the sounds of the monotony of work could be heard in the kitchen.

*Knife falls and squares of fish come out*.....*Knife falls and squares of fish come out*

But suddenly a different sound had flooded the room and cries had begun to be heard from the back of the boys.

1