020
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But suddenly a different sound had flooded the room and cries had begun to be heard from the back of the boys.

Hearing the cries they both turned around at the same time to see what was happening to the cook, just a few minutes ago he was laughing with them, but now out of nowhere he had burst into tears.

The cook continued to work, although more slowly, stopping from time to time to wipe the tears from his face with his hands full of fish blood, so that his face was slowly getting stained.

"Everything alright fat?" Richard asked.

That's when the cook stopped working, he looked at the two of them and between tears and stuttered "Yes guys .... keep cutting those sweet potatoes ... we have many people .... to feed in a few hours"

The cook was indeed in a sorry state, but the two boys preferred to follow orders and not delve deeper into the cook's sudden change in attitude.

Only the sound of the three men's work could be heard in the room.

*Knife falls and cut sweet potatoes come out*.....*Knife falls and cut sweet potatoes come out*

Little by little, the box of sweet potatoes was emptied, but none of the three spoke anymore.

The cook no longer had the desire or the energy to start a topic of conversation, and it seemed that the only thing that could speak for him were the tears streaming down his face as he worked.

For their part, the two boys, which were scarecrows, were only busy fulfilling their duties and were not very talkative.

The two boys were already acquiring a good rhythm and had gotten used to the poor cook's tears, although luckily for them the box of sweet potatoes was already almost empty and the task would be over soon.

*Knife drops and splash*.....*Knife drops and splash*

But suddenly Lucas thought he heard a different noise that took him out of the trance of continuously working on a repetitive task, but he decided to ignore it and continue with his work.

*Knife drops and splash*.....*Knife drops and splash*

The same abnormal noise as before was heard again.

Lucas looked at Ricardo to see if he was the source of the noise, but it seemed that Ricardo was more in his own world than in reality, as his hands moved almost automatically.

So the source of the noise should be behind, Lucas turned and saw the same cook from a few minutes ago, his face was quite dirty from tears and fish blood

But he didn't seem to mind the dirt, as his calloused hand stained with fish blood continued to work ceaselessly.

Noticing that nothing abnormal was happening, Lucas continued working with dedication on his repetitive task, and little by little he got used to the new sound.

*Knife drops and splash*.....*Knife drops and splash*

But just when there were only 4 sweet potatoes left in the box for the boys to finish the task, they heard a loud noise behind them.

*PUFFFF*

The two boys were startled by the strong blow and turned to see what had happened to the cook.

The table and the cook seem to have fallen to the ground together, causing a great crash, the two boys ran to help the cook.

When they arrived they noticed a pale cook with a face full of blood and tears lying on the floor crushed by the table.

"Fat!" Ricardo shouted, but the cook did not answer "It seems that he hit himself when he fell, quickly help me to raise the table"

Lucas and Ricardo pushed the table up with force and began to take out the pieces of fish that had been scattered on top of the cook.

But as they took out more pieces they noticed that something was wrong, the situation was so unreal that it was not until they took the last piece of fish off the cook that the two reacted and decided to believe what their eyes saw.

The cook was completely amputated except for his right arm, so the rest of the limbs had been cut off, the problem was... the parts were nowhere to be found.

It was there that they noticed the abnormality of the pieces of “Fish” that they had been removing.

1