1) The Usual Dance To The Death
324 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scratching of pen against parchment was one of the few sounds filling the dorm room, the warm glow of a mana lamp highlighting the features of a blue-haired young lady jotting away as light steps approached, eventually revealing the face of a slightly older woman dressed conservatively in a long brown dress and lace apron who set down a steaming teacup beside her mistress.

 

“My lady, the night’s been crawling on for quite some time,” The maid gave a light push of teacup towards her chare. “Mayhaps you should turn in for the night.” 

 

Setting down her pen and replacing it with the warm cup, taking a slow sip of the liquid within. “In just a bit, Mercia. I just have to finish this last part of my report for Rune class.”

 

“My lady-” Mercia’s protests were interrupted by a soft knock at the door. “Now who could that be at this hour?” The woman wiped her hands on her apron and approached the door to the room whilst the lady returned to her writing, uninterested in the late-night visitor and immersing herself back into her work. But something tingled in her within a few seconds.

 

“Mercia, don’t-”

 

However, it was too late. The door was eased open by Mercia and something rolled into the room. No other warning was given apart from a bright flash of light, a scream, and then an encompassing darkness.

 

《The Dance Has Lulled, Processing Results…》

 

Finding herself standing alone in a familiar ballroom lit only by moonlight filtering in through the various windows, the room slowly began to fill with vague, shadowy silhouettes, all presumably female, who looked to the center of the room with great curiosity. At the center of the ballroom now stood a familiar blue-haired girl, hands folded in front of her and eyes lowered to the floor.

《Character: Lady Ameia Galeton of Liloa》

《Boon: Witch’s Blood》

《Cause Of Death: A Surprise Visit》

《Highest Skill Set: Magic》

《Lowest Skill Set: Physical》

《Magic Affinity: Water》

《Romantic Affinity: Camilla Ares Polalon》

《Platonic Affinity: Marianne Sublilon》

《Frictious Affinity: Natalia min Ranne》

《Maid Status: Deceased》

 

OVERALL: A Most Mystic Waltz

《Retiring To Ballroom…》

 

“Can’t the overall ever use a dance other than waltz? I mean, I understand the saying the game title thing but aren’t there so many other dances? I feel like they could be way more creative at this point.” The ramblings of the woman went unreplied to as Ameia’s figure turned dark and featureless, retreating from the center of the ballroom to the background, becoming just another silhouette among many.

 

《Begin A New Dance?》

 

With a light knock against the floating message and a tired “why not”, the words turned into 7 white petals that floated up to the ceiling to rest on the candles of a chandelier, lighting up the ballroom and causing the feminine silhouettes to turn into smoke that slinked behind curtains and out windows, like a spring cleaning of sorts before a single figure appeared in the center of the ballroom. A white silhouette that did a slight curtsey towards her before standing stationary. The canvas.

 

《Please Create Her Ladyship - Remember, Features Tell Much!》

 

The message box disappeared to reveal a brand new menu of options with smaller selection menus within them. Like usual, however, the woman simply pressed the random button in the corner of the menu and waiting for a short time while things got processed. Speaking honestly, she had never actually gone through the character creation options in “Lovely Waltz”, it had always seemed a little too detailed and long to go through by hand. Perhaps that’s how she had gotten into this situation in the first place, always leaving things to chance rather than actually strategizing or planning. Not that planning could get one very far.

 

In “Lovely Waltz”, this game she had occupied for so long, characters couldn’t build their own play style like in usual ways by choosing a class and developing from there. After building their appearance, everything was based off of it with seemingly no rhyme or reason. And the only thing close to a ‘class’ that one could receive in this game was your Noble House, which was also assigned based on your character’s appearance, and your Noble House determined what Boons you had access to and your potential for the skill sets…

 

Looking at it from this perspective, the randomization thing probably doesn’t matter that much since everything else is pretty much randomized. How many rounds had it taken to notice this thing? At least… five maybe. Or was it fifteen? Hm…

 

She was broken out of her mulling by the floating of white petals once again, this game had a thing for flowers apparently, coming from the white silhouette which gradually revealed the visage and figure of a charming young lady with hooded, purple eyes and mid-back length brown hair, bowing slightly towards her and folding her hands at the waist of her lilac dress. At that moment there was the ping of a new message window.

 

《You Are A Member of House Montsworth, The Jewels of The North》

《With the House Head being Duke of Elteran, a duchy rich in metal and magic stone mines, House Montsworth is one of the wealthiest houses to exist in the Luirene Kingdom. However, despite their easy to access to magic stones the Montsworths have low magical abilities in comparison to other noble houses.》

《++Income | +Social | +Intellectual | ---Magic》

 

“Oh wow, I haven’t seen this one yet. I don’t believe I’ve seen any of the noble houses be repeated yet.” She mumbled to herself. “I think that’s the second worst Magic modifier I’ve seen yet. Guess I won’t be able to invest much in a magic build then, my familiar will probably be common too then… Oh well, whatever.” She shrugged off the brand new info with little care and confirmed, as it was the only option. No rerolls here apparently. With that came another menu that’d been seen many times.

 

《Please Select A Boon》

 

  • [ Silver Tongue ] - You’re more often than not the best orator in the room, swaying others to your side is an art. ++Social
  • [ Smart Investor ] - Due to your own private investments into successful businesses, you make some extra pocket money apart from your monthly allowance. +25% to 75% Income
  • [ Iron Will ] - You have an inner strength that takes much to break down. ++Mental Limit, +Physical, +0.5 Overall Skill Gain
  • [ Herbalist ] - You’re knowledgeable about many herbal remedies and can identify them easily. +Disease Resistance, +Intellectual
  • [ Fairy’s Blessing ] - Your birth was blessed by a fairy. +++Random Skill, Guaranteed Fairy Familiar

 

 

The woman let out a soft hum whilst skimming through the boons before shrugging and once again giving the random button a big smack and allowing the luck of the draw to take her life into its hands. After some short processing came the result.

 

[ Iron Will ] - You have an inner strength that takes much to break down. ++Mental Limit, +Physical, +0.5 Overall Skill Gain

 

“Nice. At least that’ll make the heavy magic debuff a bit better. Still trash though.”

 

《Please Select A Maid》

 

The random button once more come into play to avoid looking through randomly generated maid profiles.

 

《Portia Membright Has Been Selected》

 

There appeared an orange haired girl kneeling beside the Montsworth character, head bowed down in subservience. She appeared to be around the same age as her charge, a lack of any wrinkles or other indicators to suggest otherwise. “I haven’t gotten a maid the PC’s age in quite awhile, that’s a nice change of pace.”

 

《Finally, Please Select A Fitting Name》

 

A final bop to the random button beside the text box lead to its spinning and eventual stop on a name. Sophia.

 

《Sophia - “Wisdom”. May Your Dance Be Fun, Lady Sophia Montsworth.》

 

With that, the doors of the ballroom opened and Sophia followed closely behind by Portia, took their steps into the outside world, sending the ballroom back into darkness.

Hi hi, I had the idea for this story while playing around with a wheel decider so that's why all of this is so messy, lol. Hope you enjoyed anyways.

Which Boon Would You Have Chosen?
  • Silver Tongue Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Smart Investor Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Iron Will Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Herbalist Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fairy's Blessing Votes: 10 62.5%
Total voters: 16
7