Ch 6: Mana organ emptying
164 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time, his mother was using her own makeup, which she stored with utmost care only for these kinds of things. While he was a little bored, the smells he could sense from the makeup left him surprised. Those were smells of food, not of weird chemical things. Rice flour, paprika, and a strange smell of grass, which he wasn't able to identify at all, but could see as a green shadow over his sister's eyes when his mother was done. 

'Did Zhay always look this cute?' he thought, as he stared at his sister who now looked a lot like a doll. The dress was white and moss green, and fell all the way to the ground. The part in front of the chest was white and very fluffed up, which reminded him of the dresses women would wear in the 1400s in his original world.

His mother stood up, picking a similar dress from the cabinet and quickly undressing from her everyday one. Laudat stared blankly into the abyss of nothing that he imagined on the wall, trying to not look at his mother, for obvious reasons.

'Eh?' he froze in shock, as the nothing he was imagining actually kinda happened. In reality, it was more like a tiny pitch black dot had formed on the wooden wall, turning into a tiny hole. Normally, he wouldn't have noticed anything at all, even if he was staring at that very point, so small the hole was. However, he could feel a strange flow of that wave-like energy from before, making him focus his attention on the unknown organ in his chest. 'Oh, it's completely empty?! Did I use the thing? Oh my god…' he was startled. He'd actually cast some kind of magic, just from focusing on the thing? Either way, he wasn't sure whether the method was very ineffective, or if he was just not mature yet, but that effect was… negligible.

"Mom! What was that?!" his sister asked, making his mom turn around, annoyed. 

"What are you talking about, honey? I need to hurry and get dressed soon, else we may grow late for your baptism," she asked, before complaining about the distraction.

"That thing, I felt something happen over there," Zhay pointed towards the wall he had made the strange change to, surprising Laudat since his mother had no idea of what had happened.

"There? Are you sure it was not just an insect?" his mom rebutted, seeing nothing different on the wall. But he knew what had just happened. The doubts only grew, as he realized his mom had no idea of what his sister was even talking about.

"I guess it could be… But my skin felt all tingly for a moment," his sister muttered by the end, talking in a tone that he could barely understand.

"Tingly…? Could it be? No way, right?" Laudat heard his mom ask herself in a whisper, but choose to ignore her own questioning. "Anyways, I'll get myself ready," she said, turning away from the two and focusing on wearing her dress. Different from the girls last time, his mom took only a minute to finish dressing up. By the end of it, she looked like some kind of aristocrat, not the farmer she was.

"You guys ready? The cart is here already!" Laudat heard his father's voice come from somewhere far away, yelling at them.

"We are! Be right there!" He covered his ears with his hands as the deafening yell from his hand echoed loudly against his eardrums, enough he started hearing a constant tune.

'Why did she have to yell this hard? It hurts you know?' he asked himself, squinting, almost crying.

"Oh, sorry my little boy," his mother turned around and saw the baby swaying left to right on the bed, covering his ears and visibly distressed. "Oh my," she came to a realization, "you're not ready yet… We need to get you in some beautiful clothing." She turned around again, grabbing something from the cabinet. A cute pair of lightly stained cotton overalls, a baby blue color that he found adorable.

"You look so great in them~!" his mom giggled as she talked to him, raising him up into her bosom. "Zhay, let's go. Dad is already waiting for us outside."

"Okay, mom! But mom, this is the first time Lau goes out, won't he be scared?" the girl, who had already been to the city a couple of times to see her sister's baptisms, asked worriedly, as she looked up towards the cute and adorable baby she called his brother. 

Little did he know, the baby had very different thoughts, 'Aww… Zha is so cute, she's adorable! I should probably make mom buy her something as a gift,' the child thought, completely unphased by the mention of a city. After all, there was no way a city in this period of development would be enough to scare the middle-aged man inside the tiny body. 

"Hmmm… He could get scared, but if you are with him, he'll probably not get scared at all, right?" his mom wholesomely said, leaning and booping the kid's nose. "Now, let's go."

Zha raised her arm, grabbing onto mom's hand, as we walked to the door. The house felt already pretty empty, and with everyone waiting outside, it felt even lonely for Laudat, as he looked back over his mother's shoulder, staring at the rough wooden table and chairs, probably cut and carved by his father himself. 'I wonder if he was the one who built the whole house,' he wondered, watching the precise cutting and wedging of all the wooden pieces that hold the ceiling in place, even though the light hay roof didn't need anywhere near that much support. 'Anyone can build a house that stands, but only an engineer can build one that barely does so…' Laudat recalled a quote from his previous life, as he wondered whether his father planned on changing the roof to wood somewhere later down the line, or at least thought about it when building.

"Look, Lau, a donkey!" Zha's voice called him out making him furrow his brows and turn towards the outside, where all seven of his relatives were already on the cart, squeezing themselves to leave space for the two who were coming.

'Is that thing even gonna move?!'

6