What We Will Achieve, Together
55 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The final semester in Amanohara had begun as it was the busiest term for Renge and the rest of the third years. They had to start studying for the final examination, after all. They were not active in their Student Council work anymore, for instance, as their jobs had been passed on to the new Student Council Body.

Similarly, the Anime Manga Club had just finished their first club meeting for the final term, where the Club President position was passed down to Kenjiro (as the only second year remaining).  As the rest of the club members left the classroom, Renge was still there, sitting while staring at the window. She could not help to think how time really flew. 

Having done so much in less than a year during her time as the club president, Renge should have felt accomplished about it. They even participated in a concert together as the AMC, but she realised that it was mostly helping the other clubs. Granted, it should be fine since Renge had already gotten the required achievements to get the commendations from the school, yet she still felt like she somehow wanted more.

And Renge was not really the ambitious type, before. Whether she realised it or not, the fact that Suzuyuki looked up to her so much, had affected her. She wanted to be someone who deserved such admiration.

 

Suzuyuki returned to the classroom not long after as she noticed that her onee-sama was still in there. She opened the door and sat beside Renge who was looking like she was full of thoughts, not saying anything yet until her onee-sama was the one that started the conversation.

“You remember our summer camp, yet?” She suddenly asked, to Suzuyuki’s surprise.

“I do. That time when we sit underneath the star on the beachside, right? I remember it fondly.” Suzuyuki noticed what Renge meant by that question but decided to lighten up the mood instead.

“... You remember that part instead? When you put it like that, you’re not wrong… although it’s pretty embarrassing.” Renge could not help to blush from Suzuyuki’s answer. That reaction made the first year chuckle as she replied once more,

“Just kidding. The part where since the summer camp was for personal projects, right? And that you’d like to start something.” 

Renge nodded as she was glad that Suzuyuki remembered since it was already half a year ago. “Yeah, regarding that. So, I was just thinking about what I should do, given how it’s already the last term.”

“My stand regarding that is the same, onee-sama. I’ll still help you, no matter what it is." Suzuyuki smiled as she reassured Renge about it. Although, the idea for the personal project needed to come from Renge herself though, since else she still would not feel fulfilled if it was another supporting role. 

“I think it’s best for you to think about it at home rather than here. It’s already late in the evening after all.” Suzuyuki suggested her. The first-year could not give any ideas directly but she still could advise her onee-sama on how to think about it. 

“We’ll talk about it more next week. Same time and place, after the club period?” Suzuyuki helped to make the next ‘appointment’ for Renge since otherwise her onee-sama would get distracted on the weekend. When she said that she would help, Suzuyuki really meant it after all.

Renge looked at the time as Suzuyuki said that, it was close to 5 pm which meant that she had spent almost 2 hours thinking about it. Renge gazed at the concerned first year as she stood up and take her stuff. “You’re right, it’s already late in the evening. Let’s go home, for now.”

 

At night, knowing full well that her onee-sama would lose her sleep over it, Suzuyuki texted Renge as she recommended that the older girl took a rest for the day.  Renge still could think about it on the weekend after all as the ‘deadline’ was still on the next week. That calmed the third year as she closed her eyes to rest after the long day.

 

However, even as Saturday arrived, Renge still spent the rest of her day thinking of it to no avail. It even haunted her before her sleep further. She picked up her phone to message Suzuyuki:

 

Renge: “I don’t know what I can do, and I’ve been thinking about it the whole day…”

 

Suzu-chan: Instead of thinking about what you can do, how about thinking of what you want to do? Start with what you like, and then find something based on that. 

Suzu-chan: I am sure that you’ll be able to do it when you put your heart into it.

 

Renge read the message as she stared at it for a while. It was clear that she had seen it from the wrong perspective. She was glad that she messaged Suzuyuki for advice.
Renge: Thank you, your advice makes total sense. Now I’ll take my rest first, I’ll think about it tomorrow.

 

Suzuyuki replied with an ‘OK’ sticker as she let her onee-sama rest. Smiling as she stared at her phone; there was no more  ‘read’ message anymore, suggesting that Renge was asleep. Suzuyuki did wish that Renge would get over her dilemma earlier given how she should study for her examination, as a priority. 

 

Renge woke up that Sunday thinking about Suzuyuki’s words from last night.

What I want to do, huh…

Renge loved anime and manga, so she definitely wanted the project to showcase her love for them. Making her own original work was not possible though, as even though Suzuyuki said that she could do anything, she also knew her limits. Even making a doujinshi would be difficult as she needed to learn from scratch, and one term would certainly not be enough. 

Renge then glanced at the cosplay card that she got from the Comiket. She could cosplay together with Suzuyuki (and the first-year would be very excited about that idea) but then she realised that she could not bring the school’s name to it. Not to mention, it would be embarrassing… 

 

The purple-haired girl decided to take a break first as her family reminded her of brunch. Renge was eating her bowl of rice as she was scrolling on the latest anime and manga news. One news caught her attention:

“Popular Yuri Manga ‘A Lady’s World’ is Getting a Stage Play Adaptation”

 

Stage play adaptation reminded her of the pleasant feeling she had on top of the stage during the musical concert. She certainly enjoyed singing in front of the crowd, despite how nervous she was a while back. But she was not sure if she could start a concert by herself. She was not from the Music Club so she might not be able to attract many audiences unlike back then.

 

Everything seemed to click for her at that moment as the stage play adaptation would be the perfect project for her. People would watch it for the content, even if it was done by amateurs like her. The story also revolved around two main characters, and Suzuyuki had said that she would gladly participate.

As it was a non-profit activity, permission would totally be achievable. Amanohara was already known nationwide and they could ask the creators on behalf of her.  As for the performance itself, Renge could ask the Drama Club for help regarding the extras, as Chisato was a member of it. The Music Club for the sound, and the Editorial Club for promotion. 

 

And of course, the other  Anime Manga Club members, if required. Renge instantly messaged Konomi-sensei about her idea, and the Club Advisor reacted positively. She would bring the proposal to the Headmaster immediately on Monday, and reply back to the purple-haired girl as soon as the decision is made. Renge patiently waited for the green light as she was pretty hopeful about it. 

Konomi-sensei replied a couple of days after, as she had discussed the idea with the Headmaster. To their pleasant surprise, some of the people involved in the production of ‘A Lady’s World’ were school alumni and so they could help to put their words with it. They eventually decided that the amateur stage play could help to promote the series further and so approved of the decision. 

“After more discussion regarding the date and time, the school had agreed on holding the stage show in the main auditorium in March, one week before the graduation. You are okay with it, right?”

Just before graduation was perfect for Renge. She had more time to practice, and she would still do it during her time as a student of Amanohara. “Thank you, Konomi-sensei. Send my gratitude to the Headmaster as well.” Renge was grateful for the Club Advisor’s help, as she could not have done it herself.

“No worries. I’ll inform the other clubs about the event, and you can tell the AMC and Suzu-chan about it now.” Konomi smiled as she patted Renge’s back in excitement.

 

That Friday, when all of the members had arrived for club activity, the ex-club president opened the meeting with her announcement,

“Let’s do a stage show together.”

5