All Along the Promenade
57 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the winter vacation started, the hall of Amanohara was filled with happy faces as the Graduation Ceremony was about to begin. The graduates sat in the front rows as they were waiting for their names to be called eventually. The Headmaster started the ceremony by thanking all of the students for the hard work they had established during their high school years. He also wished them the best for their future endeavours, as life was a series of endless learning even after graduation.

 

After the speech, they started to call the name of the graduates. Renge eventually got called up as she went to the stage, collected her graduation certificates, and smiled at the camera. She also looked at her parents who were taking photographs on their own. Suzuyuki was also sitting beside them as she smiled and qwaved together with her own parents.

 

A day before the graduation, the two families had dinner together, as their two daughters asked for it. It was their subsequent meeting after the stage play, so at least they had known each other briefly. Suzuyuki and Renge sat side by side as they were waiting for the right moment to tell their parents. As they were waiting for the food, Renge, being the older one, in the middle of the conversation as she said,

“Excuse my interruption but I have an announcement to make.”

The parents looked at her with curious eyes, especially the Ichinoses who could sense that their daughter was pretty nervous. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she continued.

“I am in a relationship with Suzuyuki… and I hope you can approve of it.”

 

The two of them had wondered if they should keep their relationship a secret from their parents, as they were most likely to disapprove, after all. However, Renge would feel bad to make Suzu-chan lied to her parents, and so had planned about how to talk about it in a while. The fact that their parents had met during the stage play made it easier for them to organise the dinner, not to mention it was one day before Renge’s graduation so they had the right moment to do so.

What would they do if the parents disapprove? That’s to be thought for later, as their feelings would not change regardless. 

 

    The two girls waited for their parents to react, as they were not saying anything. Perhaps they were too angry to respond? Although as the girls stared at their expressions, they were actually… smiling? Not surprised at all, to add. It seemed that they had gotten the hints from Konomi-sensei during the introduction, or even way earlier. The stage play was not something that could be done without their feelings for one another, given how they were not professional actors. “We know, and we support your relationship.” Suzuyuki’s parents said as the two families seemed to like each other’s presence, after all. Suzuyuki and Renge blushed as they thanked their parents for the approval. They even agreed to attend Renge’s graduation the next day.

 

After Renge had her certificate, she waited backstage instead of returning to her seat. Later on, when the entire graduates were called, they all went to the stage to sing the graduation song to thank the parents and the teachers for their support throughout their school life. As the students get down the stage, they had graduated from Amanohara.

 

The Graduation Ceremony was officially over as the Ichinose and Yanagi parents returned to their houses. Suzuyuki stayed behind with her onee-sama as Renge needed to stop in one last place first before she leave the school for the last time. The two of them walked to the clubroom, the first place they met as they opened the door. Going inside first, Renge took a seat as she waited for Suzuyuki to enter the room. As Suzuyuki entered and approached the desk, the third-year gave her the second button of her uniform. The first button represented herself, and the second button represented the significant other that was most precious to her, after all. The first-year shall treasure the gift forever as they held hands while walking out of the room, and back to their respective home. The two of them needed to dress up for the night, anyway.

 

At night, The third-year students gathered in the town hall for the Amanohara Prom Night. Renge was already there given how her house was closer to the building, as she waited for her partner to enter the event together. It was the first time Renge saw Suzuyuki in a dress, and the girl was really sparkling. At the same time, for the lady, her onee-sama was even more gorgeous. As the two of them walked into the main hall, the couple was welcomed by the entire hall. Most of them, especially the ones in class 3-A, know that the two girls were in a relationship and they agreed that the two made a nice pair. 

Before the main event of the prom started, the students were talking to each other while enjoying the food and drinks provided. Some of them knew that it would be a while ever since they speak to their classmates given how some of them would continue their studies out of Kagamioka.  Konomi-sensei was there too as the teacher’s representative as she approached the couple to talk with them, with Chisato tagging in when it was close to the prom dance time. 

 

When the dance started, before Renge managed to dance with Suzuyuki, Konomi-sensei took her hand as she danced with the first-year to the other side of the room. Before Renge managed to protest, Chisato took her childhood friend’s hand in turn and danced in the opposite direction. At this rate, Renge would only be able to dance with Suzuyuki last as the purple-haired girl pouted for a bit. Konomi and Chisato definitely had planned this out as the two grinned while teasing their precious Renge; Suzuyuki also chuckled even when she was as surprised. 

 

The two eventually get reunited at the end of the dance session as they just laughed it off in the end. This time, Renge managed to match Suzuyuki’s dancing rhythmically as she had learned how to dance before. It was just another thing that she learned from her beloved first year, on top of many other things. As they did the last dance, the two of them smiled at each other, reminiscing about the year without saying any words but their body movements. 

 

By the time the prom night was done, it was already quite late. Suzuyuki ended up staying over at Renge’s house, as a result. The two of them changed into more comfortable clothes before bedtime, as Suzuyuki borrowed her onee-sama’s casual clothes.

 In contrast to the five-star hotel and Suzuyuki’s room, Renge only had one double-sized bed that might be too cramped for both of them. But Suzuyuki did not seem to mind. The two of them ended up laying down facing each other on top of the said bed, Suzuyuki smiled as the bed’s size made them so close to each other. Renge blushed on the other hand, as her heartbeat was pretty audible across the room. The older girl wrapped her arms around Suzuyuki for a soft hug to calm herself down.

“Thank you for everything you have done, to guide me as a better person.” She was really grateful that she needed to tell her lover about this. Suzuyuki was a bit surprised at this, it was just like a confession on its own. 

Suzuyuki dived underneath the blanket to lean against her onee-sama as she listened to the rising heartbeat, effectively hiding her blushing face. Renge could still see through it though as she joined inside the blanket and leaned in for a surprise kiss.

 

The unforgettable night for the couple marked the end of Ichinose Renge’s school year, as the clock hits midnight.

5